ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So Robinson
Redbled 12:59 PM 11-23-2020
If Robinson doesn’t Robinson how much do we win by?

He singlehandedly killed one drive by running backwards and grabbing a face mask and took away 7 on another by not running the correct route late in the half.

Then he tries to be a hero not fair catching a punt and runs backwards again giving us an opportunity to hold someone and start deep in our own end.

If not for the late catch to extend a drive we may have been better off playing 10 on 11.

We may win by 18 if Watkins wasn’t being Watkins.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:55 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He’s exactly who we thought he was.
And the rest of the league agreed. Nobody wanted to pay him. He has 1-2 games a year where he looks good and as fans, we remember those games and want to believe he’s capable of consistently performing at that level and is a weapon.

Truth is, is JAG and will never be much more than that.
[Reply]
Ecto-I 01:58 PM 11-23-2020
I'm not sure what people expect...while his mistakes are upsetting, he's also our number 3/4 receiver. The things he does wrong are what keep him from being a #1 or #2 (and allow us to afford him).

He good.
[Reply]
eDave 02:00 PM 11-23-2020
His play last night was so Robinson.

Hey-oh
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:01 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Look 2 posts before yours.

Hardman just came out of the COVID protocol.

And I don't blame Robinson for the penalty. I see that same exact play 2 or 3 times EVERY week, it's never called. The announcers even said as much during the broadcast.
Yeah the facemask was kinda fluky since his pinky got caught.. it was definitely soft call. My issue with that play is his running backwards thinking he is Dante Hall or Devin Hester going juke 4 guys with a single move or something.

And while I know Hardman just came off the COVID list -- I didn't expect a lot out of him last night -- I would say leading up to that he hadn't played quite as much. Maybe as someone mentioned they see Hardman and Hill in a similar ilk and they see Watkins and Robinson as similar positions/skill set? So since Watkins is hurt every year that's why we see him more
[Reply]
Spott 02:01 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
And the face mask was just his pinky getting stuck after a stiffarm. It happens. I guarantee you he didn't want to do that because that's a very easy broken finger.
That was definitely a ticky tack call and you could tell it wasn’t intentional. A few years back that would have been called an incidental facemask penalty and would have only been a 5 yard penalty.
[Reply]
notorious 02:01 PM 11-23-2020
I used to love this guy.

He pissed me off last night. It's all easily fixable stuff, but he is struggling with it.

DON'T MAKE STUPID PLAYS

There, easy.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:04 PM 11-23-2020
Liability how? He plays like a 4th WR.
He makes dumb decisions that hurt the team. 4th receiver or not that shouldn't be excused. As a 4th receiver no one is expecting him to grab 10 catches a game for 100+ yards against #1 CBs, but he shouldn't make some of the bone headed decisions that he does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 11-23-2020
I hate the running backwards stuff but the whole offense does it. It's an organizational issue, Andy Reid needs to get them to stop. All of them, not just DRob.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:05 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tyreek, Kelce and DRob. One is not like the others.

Yeah, his one year $1 million salary also says that.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:06 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Ecto-I:
I'm not sure what people expect...while his mistakes are upsetting, he's also our number 3/4 receiver. The things he does wrong are what keep him from being a #1 or #2 (and allow us to afford him).

He good.
1) He almost cost us the game last night. He’s had critical drops in a few big moments in the past, as well.

2) every rep he gets in practices and games are taking away development reps from guys that we will lean on in the future that bring more upside.

3) last night was exactly why we brought him back for a 1 year deal. If we have a couple injuries to the WRs, Robinson has had like 4.5 years in this offense and should be a dependable possession receiver if needed. He wasn’t able to step up and help us last night and it can be argued that his contributions hurt our chances of winning a fight division game.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:11 PM 11-23-2020
Is ir just me or does drob look alot like drop. Must be the dislexia coming in
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:12 PM 11-23-2020
A guarantee you somebody could find spectacular catches from DRob. We all know he's not Kelce or Hill but you've got to do better than that man.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:14 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

One of the greatest catches in Chiefs history.

He is phenomenal when it really counts! World Champion DRob!
[Reply]
Redbled 02:20 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
On the pick, the guy covering him actually fell down. If Patrick throws that pass to the inside instead of the outside, it's probably a TD. For whatever reason, Patrick thought Robinson was going outside. Just a communication breakdown. Too bad it was on the three yard line.
I’d need to go back and watch but are we sure the ball was not released before the break?
[Reply]
Redbled 02:25 PM 11-23-2020
And true that play diving out of bounds may have been the most difficult to understand.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up