ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 62
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:54 PM 11-23-2020
The bottom line is that people talk like the Chiefs offense is unfair because of all the talent but in the end, it's really about Patrick Mahomes. Outside of him, they're not far away better than several other teams.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:55 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Okay, let's forget using the word "better".

What it comes down to is a lot of talking heads make it sound like there's so much talent on the Chiefs offense that Mahomes has it easier than some other QB's. It's really not true.

First, you have the offensive line, where the Chiefs probably aren't even in the top half of the league.

CEH is good, Bell is good but there's a dozen teams with better 1-2 punches than the Chiefs if you think about it.

And then you have the Chiefs with Kelce, Hill, one-legged Watkins, and that's really about it.

Even if you still want to say the Chiefs are #1, are the Cowboys, Seahawks, Saints, or any of those other teams THAT far behind? Not really.

I mean, he didn't even list a team like the Titans that has two really good WR's and a good TE with Derrick Henry in the backfield.
The bottom line is that people talk like the Chiefs offense is unfair because of all the talent but in the end, it's really about Patrick Mahomes. Outside of him, they're not far away better than several other teams.
Oh for sure.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 11-23-2020
Tyreek is different because no one else has that speed but for the most part there are weapons on all the good teams.
[Reply]
Sorce 02:57 PM 11-23-2020
Not to mention Alex Smith had most of these weapons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:58 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
this mf said are's
Our you saying that they're is something wrong with that?
[Reply]
Valiant 03:05 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
A running back won it just last year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
:-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:35 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Wha?

I'll accept Bucs and Cowboys. Disagree on everything else.
Well obviously this is a subjective list so plenty of room for opinions to differ but the point is, they’re several QB’s that at least have comparable WR’s. At the least the teams you disagree with have better 2’s than we have (again not really counting Watkins)

I’d take Jefferson, Lockett, Kirk, and John Brown over any non Hill WR on the Chiefs. I’d take Jefferson even if we were counting a healthy Watkins
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:38 PM 11-23-2020
Okay, let's forget using the word "better".

What it comes down to is a lot of talking heads make it sound like there's so much talent on the Chiefs offense that Mahomes has it easier than some other QB's. It's really not true.

First, you have the offensive line, where the Chiefs probably aren't even in the top half of the league.

CEH is good, Bell is good but there's a dozen teams with better 1-2 punches than the Chiefs if you think about it.

And then you have the Chiefs with Kelce, Hill, one-legged Watkins, and that's really about it.

Even if you still want to say the Chiefs are #1, are the Cowboys, Seahawks, Saints, or any of those other teams THAT far behind? Not really.

I mean, he didn't even list a team like the Titans that has two really good WR's and a good TE with Derrick Henry in the backfield.

Exactly. Hell, most teams these days have a talented WR group. I even forgot a couple candidates like the Bengals (Boyd is great and Higgins is headed to top 5 WR territory within the next few years) and the Steelers where I think JuJu is easily the 3 there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:39 PM 11-23-2020
Put Mahomes on the Raiders and I bet he's every bit as good.
It'd be close. I think he benefits from Andy and EB. He'd have a better line, a great RB, a great TE, and solid WRs. He'd certainly do well.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tyreek is different because no one else has that speed but for the most part there are weapons on all the good teams.
Even on shitty teams. If you told me Mahomes had to go to work with DJ Chark and Keelan Cole, I’d be like “let’s go!”
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It'd be close. I think he benefits from Andy and EB. He'd have a better line, a great RB, a great TE, and solid WRs. He'd certainly do well.
I'd give the edge to Andy for sure but Gruden knows that WCO offense really well. I'm sure Gruden could figure out how to use Mahomes the same way Andy does.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:53 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Even on shitty teams. If you told me Mahomes had to go to work with DJ Chark and Keelan Cole, I’d be like “let’s go!”
chark would be insane with a good QB
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:55 PM 11-23-2020
Travis Kelce deserves to be in the OPOY talk, look at his numbers.
He's on pace for a career year in every major statistic and could smash the single-season yardage record for TEs with a few more big games.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:03 PM 11-23-2020
We need to beat Brady and the Bucs next and the MVP should be wrapped up.
[Reply]
Basileus777 05:50 PM 11-23-2020
Most teams other than the shitty ones have weapons, it's today's game. Other than the worst teams in the league can anyone give me a team that's a playoff team that actually doesn't have at least 3 good weapons?

I mean NE was the outlier to this for awhile but they're done now.

Baltimore. Andrews is the only legit weapon they have in the passing game. Hollywood is not a number 1 receiver and they are so desperate they have Dez taking snaps.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 62
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up