ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 62
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:34 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's why you look at the advanced metrics. :-)

According to his QB rating, he was only a 102. But his QBR was 90.2, his 2nd-highest of the entire season.

He was beyond good last night, even with the pick. He completed 75% on 45 attempts. Hyper efficient.
Led the team to 35 points. The INT really hurt his passer rating because he didn’t have a bunch of TD passes offsetting it. ESPN did a good job with that 90/100 grade. I think it would have been 95+ if not for the INT. If it’s true that D-Rob ran the wrong route, that’s a real bummer.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:44 AM 11-23-2020
You goddamn right he is
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:49 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.
This times a bazillion.
Nobody else is even worthy of consideration. Mahomes should have won it last year as well, but then the NFL has the business agenda to tend to.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:53 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
About time he gets respect this year
LOL. Not sure if serious? He has won regular season MVP and Super Bowl MVP in the last two years. He gets plenty of respect.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:05 PM 11-23-2020
we need a never was spaceman meme for this when he finally wins it

"wait, lamar isn't the MVP?"

"never was"
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:05 PM 11-23-2020
Did you hear Collinsworth last night say he has the potential to be the greatest of all time without any hesitation or sense of hyperbole? He's Jordan, and he's on our team. Crazy
[Reply]
Hoover 12:10 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
On pace to have his best season ever. 106-1434-11.

That's insane for a 31 year old TE.
And to think he probably has 5 seasons left in the tank.

What he and Pat have is pretty amazing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:18 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Big game coming up against Tampa. Mahomes throws 5+ TD's in that one he will be very hard to stop down the stretch.
What has me feeling good about Tampa: They've never seen anything like our offense. They've never seen this kind of speed, they've never seen this kind of QB.

Sean Peyton outcoached Arians. Reid will do the same.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:28 PM 11-23-2020
It's just plain comical to begin with that people were actually trying to downplay Mahomes' greatness coming into this season. This whole 'He will come back down to reality' crap is no longer an argument and really never was.

He's the best football player on planet Earth, and it's not even really close. This game is just plain easy to him. So easy that I often find myself taking winning for granted, which I never thought would happen as a KC fan.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:33 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It's just plain comical to begin with that people were actually trying to downplay Mahomes' greatness coming into this season. This whole 'He will come back down to reality' crap is no longer an argument and really never was.

He's the best football player on planet Earth, and it's not even really close. This game is just plain easy to him. So easy that I often find myself taking winning for granted, which I never thought would happen as a KC fan.
Yip!
[Reply]
tatorhog 12:39 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Did you hear Collinsworth last night say he has the potential to be the greatest of all time without any hesitation or sense of hyperbole? He's Jordan, and he's on our team. Crazy
Yep, I caught that too. He was owning that comment, it definitely wasn't some embellishment to get attention.

Insane to have "that" guy on our team. The closest I've ever really experienced as having an all-timer on a team I rooted for was George Brett, and his shadow isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:42 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
And to think he probably has 5 seasons left in the tank.

What he and Pat have is pretty amazing.
More than 5 seasons easily. What remarkable is besides his injury the first season he’s never missed a game due to injury. He was knocked out of the playoff game after halftime a few years ago but that’s it. Kelce may be 31 but his body is 27
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:44 PM 11-23-2020
A 2nd MVP and if he retired after the season he would be a hall of famer.

After three seasons starting...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:49 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why does MVP have to be a QB?

Imagine the titans without Derek Henry
Without Derrick Henry, the Titans are still a playoff team assuming they have a good (not necessarily great) RB.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:55 PM 11-23-2020
AS HE SHOULD BE!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 62
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up