ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ten Things About Last Night's Game Week 11: KC 35- Faid 31
gblowfish 10:55 AM 11-23-2020
Ten Things About Last Night’s Game Week 11: KC 35 Vegas Pawnbrokers 31

10. I was supposed to be on vacation this week. In our company you submit the days you want off in January and lock in. I was supposed to be off all this week and the week between Christmas and New Years. Yesterday I got a call at home that one of our main guys has Covid. So he’s quarantined until at least December 1st. My vacation is cancelled. At least I’ll get Thursday and Friday off, as we’re closed both of those days. This morning I got up early, came into work and we Lysol’ed the day living shit out of everything that moves, opened up all the doors and windows and now I’m sitting in my brisk 50 degree office with my mask on trying to type. I’ll attach a few pictures of my office including my tree with Chiefs stuff all over it. I was so set for the week too. Did all the Thanksgiving shopping, picked up everything Mrs B and I would need for just us two on Thanksgiving Day. Went to Fun House Pizza for the Sunday special, and on the way back got the phone call. So here I am. That’s why I’m late in writing. The dog didn’t eat my homework. I had to get up early and I’m fighting with the Rona.

9. While munching pizza and drinking Dr. Pepper I settled down in front of the Big Ass TV to watch our first foray into “The Black Roomba” as some of you have called it. What a major troll job that a Chiefs Fan buried a Chiefs Nation Flag in the concrete. That’s just epic. You can bet when fans are allowed back inside that the Faid will never have a true home field advantage. Every game at least half the crowd will be hungover, mostly broke visiting fans who blew their load both financially and physically on Friday and Saturday night. On the broadcast they said Andy’s road winning percentage is just over 61%. That’s an amazing stat. Travis Kelce is third in NFL receiving yards, just a bit behind Diggs and Hopkins; and he has more TDs and a higher average yards per catch then both of those guys. This game was a lot closer than everybody thought it would be, and the difference was Chuckie settling for a field goal in the second quarter. Otherwise, it’s a track meet. Three’s don’t beat sevens, not against Patrick Mahomes.

8. Chiefs won the toss and deferred, which turned out being a big deal later. Getting the ball first after Patrick threw a pick to snuff the last drive of the first half was a boost for the Faid, and luckily we got the ball first to start the second half so we could get that drive back and finish. Chuckie has fielded a good team. These teams were evenly matched. KC had three rushing TDs. Faid has three passing TDs. Both QBs threw one pick. Neither was sacked. Patrick threw for 77 more yards. Both teams tight ends had big games and caught a TD wide wide open. As the game rolled on I kept thinking it was going to be like that Rams game a couple years ago where the last team with the ball won. Luckily the Faid couldn’t get it done with only 30 seconds and needing a TD. Dirty Dan gets the pick, which is how the game ended in Mexico against the Bolts last year.

7. Let’s talk Defense -or lack thereof- first. The entire problem comes down to lack of pass rush. I don’t know what’s going on with Frank Clark. I have a sneaking suspicion he has some kind of illness like Crohn’s Disease or IBS. He seems to have lost any burst and has been handled with one on one blocking. He’s being paid for production and is not earning his paycheck. Chris Jones was double teamed most of the night, but he also quit on plays. I think he’s still nursing that sore groin. The Faid pays their O-line more than any other team in the NFL, and they’re good. They dominated our D-line in this game just like the first one in Arrowhead. On Carr’s go ahead TD pass to Whitten he had SEVEN SECONDS to throw the ball. That’s just unacceptable. KPass did nothing. Only defensive guys who showed up to play were our rookie Gay Linebacker (he’s Super, thanks for asking) and NNNNNNandi (did I get enough “N”s in his name this time?) Defensive secondary didn’t get scorched for 50 yard bombs this time, but they did give up several intermediate passes on third down to just about every Faid receiver. Breeland had another shit game, Honey Badger had arguably his worst game thus far. Dirty Dan was getting owned by Waller and missed a bunch of tackles. Neiman should be back in Iowa shucking corn. You’re not going to win many games giving up 31 points on the road. Luckily we’ve got this guy named Mahomes, and he’s pretty damn good.

6. The Chiefs O-Line took care of business this time, and unlike the Chiefs D-Line had some attitude and pushed the front. CEH ran the ball great in the first quarter. The offense sputtered when they first went to Bell. Bell did better in the second half and got his first rushing TD of the season. But Bell is not as explosive as CEH, and you can tell he’s not the back he used to be. He’s pretty much this year’s version of Shady McCoy. I stay with CEH as much as possible, and only use Bell to give him a breather. CEH ended up with 69 yards, 2 rushing TDs and averaged around five yards a carry. Both teams averaged about 6.3 yards per offensive play. I was pleased with how the O-line played considering its still patchwork, no Mitch the Kitch and Fish played most of the second half on a bad ankle. Patrick took no sacks, but used a lot of quick hitting passes on slants and quick outs. Crosby was disruptive on some plays but was not the wrecking ball he was in the first game. Faid had some D-Linemen out of this game too, which may have been the difference.

5. What can you say about Patrick Mahomes except, “MVP?” Hill, Kelce and Mahomes were all stellar in this game. And when you need a big play you count on your All-Pros. All three of these guys will wind up in Canton together. Hill had clutch catches and took some cheap shots from Abram (who’s a Jack Tatum Wanna-Be). Kelce had a beautiful possession catch with an epic toe drag to sustain a fourth quarter drive, and of course broke open for the game winner with nobody within ten feet of him. Mahomes was Mahomes. The stealer of souls and the best improvisational QB since Brett Favre -without the picks. We really need to appreciate these guys. They are generational talents. We may never see offensive firepower like this ever again when these guys hang it up. KC had 36 first downs in the game, an all time Chiefs record. Mahomes was 5-9 on third down and 2-2 on fourth down. Faid have the best third down conversion record in the NFL. Chiefs are second.

4. I know Pringle had a return for a TD against the Donks, but I’m starting to wonder why bring a kick off out ever? Chiefs special teams had four penalties on kicks. Four. Buttkicker hit all five XPA, which was a relief- but he also had a kickoff out of bounds that gave the ball to Carr on his own 40. Dave Toub better be kicking some ass this week in the special teams meetings. Our old pal Carl Cheffers was the white hat in this one, so you know we weren’t going to get any favors. KC had ten penalties. Hard to overcome double digit penalties on the road and win. That’s how good Mahomes is.

3. On the Faid pick it looked like Robinson zigged when Patrick thought he would zag. It came at a bad time, but that’s going to happen when you throw the ball 30 or 40 times a game. Chiefs running backs have been excellent at ball security. I saw where the Packers wide out Valdez-Scantling was getting death threats from fans for fumbling in OT vs. the Colts yesterday. That’s beyond the pale, and I hope our fans never stoop to that level. Although a few years ago I did want to Rochambeau Jamaal Charles for fumbling the game away to the Donks….

2. Andy wins again coming off a bye week, and I think the pundits said the Chiefs are 99% assured of winning the AFC West again. We’re not catching any breaks with Pittsburgh. They’ve been great this year, although the offense is 24th in total production. Doing it with smoke, mirrors and defense. They still have Baltimore, Buffalo and Indy on their schedule, so hopefully one of those teams will get them.

1. So next we travel to Florida to face up with Tommy Boy. Since they play tonight we’ll get an extra day of prep time, and hopefully the Rams will beat them up real good. The way our defense is playing, I’m not too wild about the idea of Spags trying to stop Gronk, and Evans and AB with the kind of pass rush we showed last night. And Tampa’s defense is much better than the Faid. David is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. We did avenge our only loss, and 9-1 is a start every team except Pittsburgh would die for.
Attached: patches.jpg (156.2 KB) officetree.jpg (119.7 KB) WesternAuto.jpg (81.9 KB) magnets.jpg (138.3 KB) 
[Reply]
eDave 02:06 PM 11-23-2020
My theory on the KO returns is that KC just don't care from where they start. It's just a first down away, at most, to get any lost yardage back.

And there's a chance of the huge returns. Work on that part.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:22 PM 11-23-2020
Nice write-up again, G. Thx; always look forward to these.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:38 PM 11-23-2020
On the Raiders last scoring drive, Carr got away with intentional grounding. Next play they hit Breeland with a DPI in the end zone. It was DPI, but Cheffers not calling the grounding was helping the Raiders stay in the game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:50 PM 11-23-2020
Good Read George.

I've said for awhile that Clark has Crohn's or UC. There is medication for it but it doesn't eliminate the problem.

Edit: I haven't had Fun House Pizza in so long....made me crave it.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:28 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I haven't had Fun House Pizza in so long....made me crave it.
They have a Sunday special where you can get two medium one topping pies for $17. Good deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:30 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Good Read George.

I've said for awhile that Clark has Crohn's or UC. There is medication for it but it doesn't eliminate the problem.

Edit: I haven't had Fun House Pizza in so long....made me crave it.
Hamas could definitely do the topic more justice but the current go-to treatments for Crohn's / UC are biologics. They are pretty hard on the immune system so there are definitely side effects.
[Reply]
Otter 05:01 PM 11-23-2020
Thanks GB!

I had to take a break in the 1st quarter due to the refs throwing a flag EVERY fucking play. Got better at the end.
[Reply]
eDave 05:06 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Thanks GB!

I had to take a break in the 1st quarter due to the refs throwing a flag EVERY fucking play. Got better at the end.
Flags were ridiculous there at the end. Monty Python.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:11 PM 11-23-2020
Nice job!
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:26 PM 11-23-2020
Regarding 5, loved the way we used Reek last night... he doesn't always have to be the deep threat

He can perform as a possession receiver even though he isn't big or physical, because he's able to get so wide open... he had a ton of those 6,7,8 yard gains that kept the chains moving and really kept us in the game, particularly early on
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:56 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Flags were ridiculous there at the end. Monty Python.
Here is some interesting facts about the penalties last night... and Las Vegas in general this season.

KC had 8 penalties after half...Raiders had one unsportsman on Abram and that was it until 2 minutes left. A 4 yard FS on Witten.

In the two match-ups KC has seven offensive holding calls to the Raiders one.

Through the first 8 games, Vegas has been penalized 10 yards total for holding.

They had 3 in a blow-out vs. Denver...and one accepted in the other 9 games.

So the balance on holding calls is 17-4 so far this year. Take out the Denver game and it's 16-1

The more you know...no wonder they look good on offense.

Interesting that 75% of their season holding calls came in a 37-12 rout...when they didn't matter.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:02 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
They have a Sunday special where you can get two medium one topping pies for $17. Good deal.

Growing up in Raytown in the 60’s it was a pretty common visit for pizza & bingo. Ah the good ole days.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 06:24 PM 11-23-2020
Thanks George.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs.B.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:37 PM 11-23-2020
Winner winner... Fun House dinner! George is King!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:38 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Here is some interesting facts about the penalties last night... and Las Vegas in general this season.

KC had 8 penalties after half...Raiders had one unsportsman on Abram and that was it until 2 minutes left. A 4 yard FS on Witten.

In the two match-ups KC has seven offensive holding calls to the Raiders one.

Through the first 8 games, Vegas has been penalized 10 yards total for holding.

They had 3 in a blow-out vs. Denver...and one accepted in the other 9 games.

So the balance on holding calls is 17-4 so far this year. Take out the Denver game and it's 16-1

The more you know...no wonder they look good on offense.

Interesting that 75% of their season holding calls came in a 37-12 rout...when they didn't matter.
👍 Excellent post!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up