ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:40 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think this defense feeds a lot off of the crowd. They’ve already said before that it’s hard to get the same energy in an empty stadium.
I don’t doubt it but Baltimore game kinda fights the notion...

I think Gruden has been outcoaching our defensive staff this year above all else, and Carr has played better than normal too in those games.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 05:40 PM 11-23-2020
Color me impressed with what Gruden has done with Carr. I didn’t really get a feeling he was a fan of Carr’s during Hard Knocks, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t built a team around him and have adapted their scheme to fit his strengths. You can see Carr has gotten very comfortable and confident with his reads and understands where he needs to go with the ball. They have a good thing going and it will be interesting to see how their defense continues to grow. Again, you can certainly see the difference in confidence with Carr this year vs. last.

I’ve said it in other threads, every team in this division is building their team to beat Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:51 PM 11-23-2020
Carr was awesome standing there untouched for 10 seconds and then throwing to wide-open receivers- WOW!!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:53 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Color me impressed with what Gruden has done with Carr. I didn’t really get a feeling he was a fan of Carr’s during Hard Knocks, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t built a team around him and have adapted their scheme to fit his strengths. You can see Carr has gotten very comfortable and confident with his reads and understands where he needs to go with the ball. They have a good thing going and it will be interesting to see how their defense continues to grow. Again, you can certainly see the difference in confidence with Carr this year vs. last.

I’ve said it in other threads, every team in this division is building their team to beat Mahomes.
As they should he's going to be in AFC West for a long time. Probably his whole career.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:01 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I hate giving Carr credit but he was fantastic last night, saw the field really well and was hitting 3rd, 4th options regularly. If Agholor catches that long pass on 3rd down its a different ball game, even Moreau had a big drop late.
he's playing 7 on 7 behind that line, it's a whole different story when he's pressured.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 06:05 PM 11-23-2020
When assessing things you have to add in the element of it being the big measurement game of the season for each opponent to try and topple the reigning champions. Teams play above their usual standard against the Chiefs and still 8 of those teams have come away empty handed.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:06 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Was it Colin Cowherd? Saw this crazy stat on our D. We allow 17 points a game to the rest of the NFL and 35 points a game to the Raiders.
Yeah but you'd never know that reading a CP game thread, even when playing well. Chiefs D is what we wanted in 18, averageish and plenty good enough paired with elite offense.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:07 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
he's playing 7 on 7 behind that line, it's a whole different story when he's pressured.
Agree
Get some pressure on him (edges?) and his qb rating will go down 50%. Dude cannot perform under pressure. He started showing that last night towards the end of the game. The Faid O line is probably the best in the league.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:46 PM 11-23-2020
Defensive play all over the league is down this year. I think the lack of fans does play a part.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:13 AM 11-24-2020
So one thing that I think is kinda noteworthy about HB..

It would appear that Tyrann and his wife/fiancée (can’t remember if they got married yet) are potentially split up... I didn’t notice anything until a random picture of some woman popped up on my Twitter feed that said “Tyrann Mathieu liked this”... seemed out of character for him to be checking out other women openly like that.

So then I checked into it and he has deleted all posts that included his fiancée, they don’t follow each other anymore... it doesn’t look great..

Now, I don’t give a **** about if they’re together or not and all that, but I do worry that it maybe has him off his game mentally. Because he hasn’t been the same guy we saw last year, he doesn’t seem as into the game each week. I hope that whatever is going on off the field isn’t weighing the guy down too much, but I can see how that might be the case... cause he’s the one who brings the swagger to the defense... did last year anyhow..
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 11-24-2020
That would kinda make sense.

They definitely seem to just not have the fire they did last year. Something weird.
[Reply]
bobhill 10:35 AM 11-24-2020
I want to see so Saunders and Thornhill back in the line up
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
I want to see so Saunders and Thornhill back in the line up
Saunders probably isn't quite ready yet. He just came back.

And Thornhill is struggling. He's been in the lineup but Andy said they're using him in a "situational" manner.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:39 AM 11-24-2020
Not sure what these guys need but it’s time to buckle down and start playing well again like last year.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:53 AM 11-24-2020
The Raiders have likely the best line in football. They dominated us both games. Most any QB could look great with that clean of a Jersey.

We have given up 35.5 pts a game in the Raider games and 17.5 against everyone else. We will be fine.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up