ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:55 AM 03-02-2020
Holy shit, he posted no more than a week ago... very sorry to hear this, RIP
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 03-02-2020
This really fucking sucks. He was SUCH a nice guy and we've had a million amazing PM's and Rep notes over the years.

R.I.P., Brother
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Diabetus that young? :-)
Adult Onset/Type II Diabetes can be reversed with diet, exercise and mild medication.

FMB had Type I Diabetes, which is completely different and at this point in time, cannot be cured.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:02 PM 03-02-2020
Food threads will never be the same. Rest peacefully FMB, prayers for peace and comfort to all touched by his passing.
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:04 PM 03-02-2020
Rest in peace brother,prayers to the family.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:06 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Adult Onset/Type II Diabetes can be reversed with diet, exercise and mild medication.

FMB had Type I Diabetes, which is completely different and at this point in time, cannot be cured.
How does type one actually kill someone that young?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
How does type one actually kill someone that young?
Many sufferers of Type Diabetes are diagnosed at birth because their pancreas stops making (or some cases, never made) insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated, as did FMB.

Mikey12345 had Type I Diabetes and after multiple amputations, died as well.

It's a terrible, terrible disease.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:14 PM 03-02-2020
The pancreas stops making insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated.

Geez man, that really sucks... I feel awful for him and his wife now a widow at such a young age
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:14 PM 03-02-2020
Many sufferers of Type Diabetes are diagnosed at birth because their pancreas stops making (or some cases, never made) insulin. FMB was on kidney dialysis for quite some time but that doesn't reverse anything, it just allows the patient to live a bit longer.

There's no known cure for reversing the effects of Diabetes Type I and unfortunately, most sufferers die at an early age but usually not before having body parts amputated, as did FMB.

Thanks, Dane. I remember Mikey had Type 1 as well. That shit is awful......
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 PM 03-02-2020

Dialysis just mechanically replaces kidney function after the disease killed the kidneys.

My grandpa was in it for 9 years. He had a kidney removed with cancer and then later the other one quit. It’s pretty hard on the body.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:21 PM 03-02-2020
This one hurts. Maybe i'm just being a bitch today, i barely knew the man. But seemed like a genuinely good guy. This one hurts.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:22 PM 03-02-2020
RIP sir!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:24 PM 03-02-2020
He will be missed.
RIP FMB.
[Reply]
scho63 12:25 PM 03-02-2020
Was a really good poster, seemed like a good dude and so sorry to hear. My uncle died at 44 from complications from diabetes and that is one awful disease.

Hope he got to see and enjoy the Chiefs Super Bowl victory before all this.

RIP Fire Me Boy! :-)

In Your Honor, I hope when you get into heaven they have this waiting for you.......

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:26 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This one hurts. Maybe i'm just being a bitch today, i barely knew the man. But seemed like a genuinely good guy. This one hurts.
Your feelings are completely understandable. He was a good person that deserved far better.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up