ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 295
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:48 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, but you do realize that could very well be just outliers?

When teams are absolutely begging us to run I’m not going to get excited about 5 ypc unless it’s mixed in with multiple long ones being broken.
[Reply]
O.city 02:48 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
RB just isn't one of those positions that takes 3 years to develop. They pretty much show what they got right away and that's that. We're not talking about a 5-tech DE, a NT, LT or a QB.

Which is why he's drawing the attention from fans that he is.
Yeah, especially ones taken in the first round.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:52 PM 09-13-2021
Andy spoke on it during today's presser (just caught it now).

He basically says it's a chemistry thing with the Oline and that he has full faith in Heck, Greg, and EB to iron it out with the line and CEH.

Starts at the 7:10 mark below (I set the video to begin there).

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 09-13-2021
RB just isn't one of those positions that takes 3 years to develop. They pretty much show what they got right away and that's that. We're not talking about a 5-tech DE, a NT, LT or a QB.

Tell me you didn’t watch Priest Holmes play football without telling me you didn’t watch Priest Holmes play football.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:56 PM 09-13-2021
There is absolutely an argument to be made to draft a RB in the mid to late rounds every year. Keep fresh legs and trade them when they are about to get expensive.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:57 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Tell me you didn’t watch Priest Holmes play football without telling me you didn’t watch Priest Holmes play football.
Holmes' also ran behind arguably the greatest O-Line assembled
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Priest Holmes was a 1,000 yard rusher for Baltimore before being replaced by...(his name escapes me). He was averaging 5.0 YPC before even joining the Chiefs, so save me that snarky bullshit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:02 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, especially ones taken in the first round.

That’s the main issue people are having with him.

Were Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles or Kareem Hunt first round picks? No!

CEH should theoretically be better than all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:03 PM 09-13-2021

I was thinking the same thing then I went and looked at Derrick Henry and he had 490 yds his rookie year and 744 in year 2 then in year 3 finally went over 1k.

I am not that patient though for a RB :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:06 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I was thinking the same thing then I went and looked at Derrick Henry and he had 490 yds his rookie year and 744 in year 2 then in year 3 finally went over 1k.

IIRC, because he was sharing time as a part time player. They were RB by committee.

Like Priest Holmes who served backup to Jamal Lewis. Priest was a 1K rusher before they drafted Lewis, then had part time stats after.

Or Charles serving behind Johnson. As soon as Charles got his chance though...it was obvious. He didn't need 3 seasons of running to break out. He broke out right away.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:09 PM 09-13-2021
How about Larry Johnson breaking out pretty much the moment he took over for Priest?

Eh, w/e.

Im rooting for CEH. Lets hope they figure it out and make us all look stupid for ever doubting. I would love nothing more than that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:11 PM 09-13-2021
IIRC, because he was sharing time as a part time player. They were RB by committee.

Like Priest Holmes who served backup to Jamal Lewis. Priest was a 1K rusher before they drafted Lewis, then had part time stats after.

Or Charles serving behind Johnson. As soon as Charles got his chance though...it was obvious. He didn't need 3 seasons of running to break out. He broke out right away.
Ah yep you are right, he split time with DeMarco Murray..forgot about that guy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:12 PM 09-13-2021

Chris Johnson. CJ2K.

Just looked it up. That's why Henry was limited early.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:13 PM 09-13-2021
Priest Holmes was a 1,000 yard rusher for Baltimore before being replaced by...(his name escapes me). He was averaging 5.0 YPC before even joining the Chiefs, so save me that snarky bullshit.
In his first four years, he had one 1000 yard season. Even then, as you noted, it wasn't enough to keep his job.

If we're going to be fair, Clyde had around 800 yards last season in 13 games, averaging approximately (ypc) what Priest did in his "breakout" 1000 yards season.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:14 PM 09-13-2021
Ah yep you are right, he split time with DeMarco Murray..forgot about that guy.
'09 Was the year CJ went 2K. They had LenDale White too.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 295
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up