ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Things you can't miss in Seattle
DaFace 10:52 AM 04-20-2018
My wife and I are taking a quick weekend trip to Seattle at the end of the month. Only on the ground for 2.5 days, so we'll just be scraping the surface of the city, but any recommendations on things we can't miss while we're there?
[Reply]
JD10367 12:11 AM 04-21-2018
Spent a day there after a cruise. Did the market, Space Needle, and underground tour. Stayed downtown at the Mayflower Park, nice hotel with a great central location (walk to market, monorail to Space Needle, train system as well).
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:21 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Rain.
Yes?
[Reply]
patteeu 08:33 AM 04-21-2018
Make sure you check out Starbucks, Costco, Microsoft, and Amazon.com.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:15 PM 04-21-2018
one of the greatest record stores.
https://easystreetonline.com/
[Reply]
threebag 10:09 PM 04-21-2018
I thought Tower Records was the greatest
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 PM 04-21-2018
I rode that big ass ferris wheel and then fed this really fat rat a Monster Energy Drink. I have a picture of it somewhere. He just was guzzling that caffeine right by me, no qualm whatsoever.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:30 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
one of the greatest record stores.
https://easystreetonline.com/
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I thought Tower Records was the greatest
Neither are Vintage Vinyl.

https://www.vintagevinyl.com/

Bit of trivia, behind spoilers since it isn't germaine to the thread

Spoiler!

[Reply]
patteeu 04:27 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Neither are Vintage Vinyl.

https://www.vintagevinyl.com/

Bit of trivia, behind spoilers since it isn't germaine to the thread

Spoiler!
That was my favorite store when I lived in U City in the 80s. It was in a smaller space at the other end of the loop then.
[Reply]
38yrsfan 06:59 AM 04-22-2018
Get the City Pass. It has a variety of attractions to see and you get a discount. Fun place to visit, we've been many times.
[Reply]
banecat 07:22 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Those aren't actually related to the one in Spokane that the OP linked to. The Spokane one is funnier because of the "buy them by the bagful" on the Dick's sign.

But, yes - if DaFace wants Dick's, he can get them in Seattle.
Is the one in Seattle similar enough to the one in Spokanimal Farm to the point where the burgers are really inexpensive, and yet decent quality?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:49 PM 04-22-2018
I don't know if you get Smithsonian Channel or not, but they're airing a show on Seattle tonight. That might give you some ideas.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:58 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't know if you get Smithsonian Channel or not, but they're airing a show on Seattle tonight. That might give you some ideas.
:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:04 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by rtmike:
If you tire of Seattle, drive 150 miles south to the Vancouver/Portland area.

Multnomah Falls (Big fire in the gorge last summer). Everything’s prolly greened up by now.
If you go to mf, keep heading east to the Bonneville Damn. You can watch the fish running upstream behind a window. Also you can seee the “fish counter” in their little room.

Mt. St. Helens is a must. The sheer destruction of Mother Nature is life changing. It’s unreal up there if you’re into nature,etc.

80 miles to coast. In wa. we can drive on the beach.
All of this. My brother lived in Vancouver WA for 5 years and we made 3 trips to that area.

We went to Seattle on a trip up there years ago and plan to never go back. The Space Needle is cool and the rest of it is bleh.

The Columbia River Gorge is another story. Absolutely fantastic area.
Multnomah Falls is fantastic.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 05:16 PM 04-22-2018
Don't forget to sleep.
[Reply]
threebag 08:35 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Don't forget to sleep.
Can't sleep the clowns will eat him
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >