ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Things you can't miss in Seattle
DaFace 10:52 AM 04-20-2018
My wife and I are taking a quick weekend trip to Seattle at the end of the month. Only on the ground for 2.5 days, so we'll just be scraping the surface of the city, but any recommendations on things we can't miss while we're there?
[Reply]
JimBaker48.8 04:02 PM 04-20-2018
Gotta take a ride on one of the ferry boats preferably to Vancouver island
if you have time.
It doesn't really rain Seattle, just a delightful mist, not a real rain, but it's overcast/cloudy much of the time except during the summer.
Seattle is the only city I've every been in where you look around from downtown and you feel you are in the middle of a national park with the spectacular veiws of Mt Ranier and MT Olympus.
[Reply]
digger 04:32 PM 04-20-2018
10 E 3rd Ave, Spokane, WA 99202

[Reply]
Bugeater 05:08 PM 04-20-2018
Go somewhere, anywhere, out of the city. Snoqualmie Falls, Deception Pass are both decent day trips.

And yes, Bag O' Dicks.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:10 PM 04-20-2018
Thanks for the recs, all. Definitely sounds like I should consider getting out of town for a day, so I'll check out the options!
[Reply]
kcpasco 05:12 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by digger:
10 E 3rd Ave, Spokane, WA 99202

I don’t think he wants to drive 4 hours for a burger. They are good though and I much prefer Spokane to Seattle.
[Reply]
Frosty 05:57 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I don’t think he wants to drive 4 hours for a burger. They are good though and I much prefer Spokane to Seattle.
Eh, what's a 600 mile round trip for a burger, right? But it's in Washington so it must have something to do with Seattle.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:12 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Where you headed in Alaska? PM me and I will try to give you some recommendations. And if you don't want to stay downtown in Seattle, check out Cedarbrook Lodge, a 5 minute ride from the airport. Quiet and luxurious with a great restaurant. You won't feel like you are near the airport. I try to stay there if I'm just overnighting while waiting for flights.

If you're pretty set at the Theodore, that's right across the street from the Grand Hyatt where I usually stay. Seattle doesn't seem to have a lot of restaurants open late but there is one right across from the Hyatt. Dragonfish Cafe. They have a good bar and low priced food after 9:00. You might not have this issue but if I catch a plane at 5:30 from Anchorage, I won't get to the hotel until about 10:30 Seattle time and there isn't much open so I usually hop across the Street to Dragonfish. If you like Asian cuisine, you'll like Dragonfish.

Yeah, we're set at the Theodore. We plan on dinner before we arrive. My former company has an office there, as well, and one of their drivers is picking us up at SeaTac. the AM Driver is going to come back in the morning to to give us a lift to the pier.

My Sister and BiL live in Anchorage and have since the 60s. He went up there to "make his fortune" on the pipeline and, as luck would have it, did. He owns a large construction company there. We've been up to see them a couple of times, but never on a Cruise. We're doing the Helicopter/Glacier/Dog Sledding at Mendenhall Glacier while in Juneau, Whale Watching while in Skagway and Bear watching in Ketchikan. Got it pretty well planned out.

This trip is mainly for my Wife's "bucket list". She's never ridden in a helicopter (I've only been up about 300 times :-) ) and she has always wanted to see a Glacier and do some dog sledding. Been Whale watching in San Diego - didn't see a damned thing and the bears will be fishing while we're there, so, many, MANY pictures and Videos will be taken....
[Reply]
frozenchief 06:35 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Yeah, we're set at the Theodore. We plan on dinner before we arrive. My former company has an office there, as well, and one of their drivers is picking us up at SeaTac. the AM Driver is going to come back in the morning to to give us a lift to the pier.

My Sister and BiL live in Anchorage and have since the 60s. He went up there to "make his fortune" on the pipeline and, as luck would have it, did. He owns a large construction company there. We've been up to see them a couple of times, but never on a Cruise. We're doing the Helicopter/Glacier/Dog Sledding at Mendenhall Glacier while in Juneau, Whale Watching while in Skagway and Bear watching in Ketchikan. Got it pretty well planned out.

This trip is mainly for my Wife's "bucket list". She's never ridden in a helicopter (I've only been up about 300 times :-) ) and she has always wanted to see a Glacier and do some dog sledding. Been Whale watching in San Diego - didn't see a damned thing and the bears will be fishing while we're there, so, many, MANY pictures and Videos will be taken....
Good job. You can also go bear watching from Anchorage. Go with Rust's flying service out of Lake Hood. Mendenhall is gorgeous but Skagway is one of a few placesI have never been. And there are a lot of breweries up here: you should get some great beer while here.
[Reply]
srvy 07:07 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Thanks for the recs, all. Definitely sounds like I should consider getting out of town for a day, so I'll check out the options!
Honestly there is a lot to see in the City itself if you have a high threshold for beggars if you dont GTF outta there. I worked a month inside that City on pipeline work 10 hour days the panhandling never lets up. It is for people like that that Winchester invented the repeating arms rifle. The Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum is pretty cool along with other stuff mentioned in City proper. Good luck keep the cornhole puckered tight.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:52 PM 04-20-2018
STARBUCKS is a must!
[Reply]
TimBone 08:05 PM 04-20-2018
Rain.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 10:03 PM 04-20-2018
if you are looking to party a bit, (with a bunch of amazing restaurants) , go to old Ballard. Asadero if you dont mind waiting is excellent! also walrus and carpenter.

PM me if you go there. just tell uber or lyft ballard and they will know the hot spots
[Reply]
threebag 10:07 PM 04-20-2018
Go check out a pier and grab a Ivar's fish and chips to eat. When out on the pier be sure to watch the Asians keep every crab they pull up with their basket regardless of the regulations. They crab in groups of like 10 or so.

Buzz Inn is a good place to eat, drink and play pull tabs

Stay away from Salty's on Alki Beach unless you like piss warm beer.

If you want a great Dinning experience check out Metropolitan Grill

There is a Popeye's in Fedral Way
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:27 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Eh, what's a 600 mile round trip for a burger, right? But it's in Washington so it must have something to do with Seattle.
Also, there's a Dick's in Seattle.
http://www.ddir.com/locations/

I'd definitely suggest getting out of town. San Juan Islands, Deception Pass, Port Townsend, Bainbridge Island, and Mount Rainier are all pretty fantastic. In late May you have a 50% chance that the weather will be beautiful.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:45 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Also, there's a Dick's in Seattle.
http://www.ddir.com/locations/
Those aren't actually related to the one in Spokane that the OP linked to. The Spokane one is funnier because of the "buy them by the bagful" on the Dick's sign.

But, yes - if DaFace wants Dick's, he can get them in Seattle.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up