Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach predraft press conference
RunKC 10:36 AM 04-20-2018
Starts now. Please post updates
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:41 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Get ready for a trade up

And I think Veach reads cp
Is it any surprise then that he is showing signs of early success? Veach is doing what the long list of failures before him failed to do; reading CP, studying the superior tactics given, and putting them to use while simultaneously showing great discipline and restraint by not registering and blasting the wayward, truck stop dick-sucking ilk of the predecessor to greatness fan club.

Took a long time for the stars to properly align, but it was inevitable.

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:43 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't care about the 6th but the 3rd I don't really want to use as it should be another good player.
Should be.

How many good CBs have we drafted in the 3rd round recently? DL?

Yeah, Dorsey drafted Kelce and Hunt in the 3rd round. He also took Philip Gaines and Keivarae Russell.

The Chiefs don't have a 1st rounder. I'd like to see us get one by trading up for a player we REALLY like and getting him that 5th year option. A 3rd rounder could be a starter, but I really doubt we're going to fill ALL of the team's perceived needs by hitting on all of our 2nd and 3rd round picks. It just doesn't ever happen.

The 2011 draft was rare. We're not getting a starting C, Edge, and DL with our 1st three picks. It's not fucking happening. As it is, we'll be lucky if we get an okay backup/contributor in this season with ONE of those picks

Find a player you like. And if you can afford him (which should include the 2nd rounder for next year as well as both 3rds this year) then go get him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Should be.

How many good CBs have we drafted in the 3rd round recently? DL?

Yeah, Dorsey drafted Kelce and Hunt in the 3rd round. He also took Philip Gaines and Keivarae Russell.

The Chiefs don't have a 1st rounder. I'd like to see us get one by trading up for a player we REALLY like and getting him that 5th year option. A 3rd rounder could be a starter, but I really doubt we're going to fill ALL of the team's perceived needs by hitting on all of our 2nd and 3rd round picks. It just doesn't ever happen.

The 2011 draft was rare. We're not getting a starting C, Edge, and DL with our 1st three picks. It's not ****ing happening. As it is, we'll be lucky if we get an okay backup/contributor in this season with ONE of those picks

Find a player you like. And if you can afford him (which should include the 2nd rounder for next year as well as both 3rds this year) then go get him.
I agree

Now I’m gonna go drink bleach
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:55 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If we didn't have Mahomes you can bet your ass I'd be all over Known Tennis Star Josh Rosen.
Not for me. Rosen is just toooooooo Cutlarian/Rob Johnson for me. And I have seen a few interviews to justify my "thinking/feeling" about this kid as well and that doesn't include all his Sam Bradford issues of staying on the field specifically his concussion history.

My prediction of the QBs in this year's draft is that Rosen/Mayfield will fall to some degree with Mayfield falling to the 2nd and maybe even Rosen. Sounds crazy but you just don't know what GM offices are really thinking at this point. Saving grace for Mayfield is that short QBs like Brees,and Russel have been successful BUT Mayfield has that Manziel flavor of personality(not full on but just enough) to scare them off after the Manziel train wreck.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:15 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
He's a dumbass. Mahomes came from a baseball background. He shold be looking there.
You actually said this...
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Not for me. Rosen is just toooooooo Cutlarian/Rob Johnson for me. And I have seen a few interviews to justify my "thinking/feeling" about this kid as well and that doesn't include all his Sam Bradford issues of staying on the field specifically his concussion history.

My prediction of the QBs in this year's draft is that Rosen/Mayfield will fall to some degree with Mayfield falling to the 2nd and maybe even Rosen. Sounds crazy but you just don't know what GM offices are really thinking at this point. Saving grace for Mayfield is that short QBs like Brees,and Russel have been successful BUT Mayfield has that Manziel flavor of personality(not full on but just enough) to scare them off after the Manziel train wreck.
Mayfield isn’t getting out of the top 4. Rosen May fall though
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:22 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
Unless they pull off something like this I just don't think you can sit were we are and get a CB who can start day one. CBs are like QBs and LTs you need to get a 1st rounder if you want a finished product.
I disagree. Later round corners are often day 1 starters. Remember our 2008 draft? We got 2 starting corners that year. Neither of them in the first. Brandon Flowers came in the 2nd round and then we got Carr in the 5th. Herm saw something in those guys. Give Reach a chance. He may have some sleepers in his plans.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:23 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I disagree. Later round corners are often day 1 starters. Remember our 2008 draft? We got 2 starting corners that year. Neither of them in the first. Brandon Flowers came in the 2nd round and then we got Carr in the 5th. Herm saw something in those guys. Give Reach a chance. He may have some sleepers in his plans.
You say often and then go back 10 years?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:25 PM 04-21-2018
I think IF we do trade up it will be from 54 somewhere into mid to high 30's for that coveted player assuming that coveted player falls into reach. But the player MUST BE COVETED(meaning can't miss type player).

Otherwise, I think we build the roster this year by actually staying put or even trading down a few spots acquiring more picks especially since the draft is the strongest from 75-150. The draft is especially strong this year unlike most and when you need playmakers/depth this only makes sense to either stay put or trade down. Build your roster this year when the draft is stoked with quality players I say.:-)

Can't afford to give up picks especially in a deep draft that doesn't happen very often when you have many holes to fill.:-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:29 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
You say often and then go back 10 years?
It was an example that the Chiefs did. I had to do no research for that one. I'm out enjoying BBQ at Rock n Ribs, so I didn't take the time to look up information that I know is out there.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:33 PM 04-21-2018
Mayfield isn’t getting out of the top 4.
You may be right and the success of Brees/Russell maybe have paved the way for him:-) But when was the last time a short successful QB was taken in the 1st rd let alone in the top overall 4 picks?? Brees was in the 2nd and Wilson was in the 3rd. This is my point. Brees/Russell and the RPO offense helps Mayfield but IMHO he won't go in the first 4 picks.
[Reply]
O.city 12:33 PM 04-21-2018
Historically once you get past the third round you aren’t finding s good player

Sure you can but it’s not likely

I’d rather trade up and a month ago I didn’t want yo
[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You may be right and the success of Brees/Russell maybe have paved the way for him:-) But when was the last time a short successful QB was taken in the 1st rd let alone in the top overall 4 picks?? Brees was in the 2nd and Wilson was in the 3rd. This is my point. Brees/Russell and the RPO offense helps Mayfield but IMHO he won't go in the first 4 picks.
Won’t have as much to do with those guys as it will mayfield actually being good

If he were 6”4 he’d be the consensus #1 guy, he’s the best pure passer in the draft

The jets are supposedly locked into him at 3
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:39 PM 04-21-2018
True
But I think we overvalue draft picks. If they have a certain guy they want, go get him
Generally, yes. This draft is incredibly deep, though

Spending a lot to move up would be a colossal mistake unless it's for an elite player that falls for no fucking reason.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:40 PM 04-21-2018
Historically once you get past the third round you aren’t finding s good player

Sure you can but it’s not likely

I’d rather trade up and a month ago I didn’t want yo
Well if we do trade up it better be a can't miss type player because we are not winning the SB this year and that is because we need to build the roster especially on defense and when the draft is deep(which doesn't happen often) and you have holes to fill you take advantage of that especially when you know you are not going to the SB.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up