ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It's time to quit being pussies about it...
RaidersOftheCellar 06:47 AM 04-20-2018
I'm still seeing and hearing a lot of reservation and conservative predictions, pissing and moaning about the defensive personnel/coaching staff, and typical Chief pessimism. It's time to retire your habits of being broken, whiny, pussy Chief fans and accept that an era of dominance is coming. There's no reason to shy away from it. The coaches and GM aren't. When even Understatement Andy is letting his c*ck hang out, you know that shit's about to get serious. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 04:15 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I will fandom how I fandom. **** off.
This is the best answer.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 04:46 PM 04-20-2018
Did I miss Bob Sutton suddenly getting fired?

If not then there is legit reason to be pessimistic about the Chiefs defense.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:57 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Our defense has been upgraded assuming Berry can stay healthy.

So has our offense.

And the draft hasn't even happened.
There are holes but I'm very optimistic...:-)
[Reply]
Warrior5 08:12 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The game is the game and it's still a team game.

We need some draft bonanzas on the defensive side and a lot better run of luck on the injury front [short AND long term].
This. I'm happy with the off-season events so far, and pretty confident in the O. Given Veach's performance to date, I optimistic about a D-heavy draft.

Who's being whiney and pessimistic?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 04-21-2018
Is this the "real" fans thread?
[Reply]
jallmon 08:47 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Does it matter?

He had tough defenses in Philly
Jim Johnson was DC.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:56 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm still seeing and hearing a lot of reservation and conservative predictions, pissing and moaning about the defensive personnel/coaching staff, and typical Chief pessimism. It's time to retire your habits of being broken, whiny, pussy Chief fans and accept that an era of dominance is coming. There's no reason to shy away from it. The coaches and GM aren't. When even Understatement Andy is letting his c*ck hang out, you know that shit's about to get serious. :-)

Sorry, but I think its impossible for Understatement Andy to let his c*ck hang out.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:21 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While I'm optimistic for the long-term, it's a little early to be printing the Super Bowl tickets. While Mahomes has shown signs of promise, he's still a young kid, and there's no guarantee he's going to be one of the greats.
Precisely !!

This offense is still all on paper. Need to see it transition to the field and it will take some time. It is difficult enough just for a good vet QB to integrate a new vet FA WR to the offense let alone a brand new QB with only 1 NFL game under his belt.

There will be many growing pains, so just get emotionally ready Chief fans !! The saving grace of Mahomes growing pains is at least when he has them he will be attempting to go down field to make a play as opposed to "fetaling up" either taking a sack or checking down on a failed 3rd down attempt to a RB:-).

I will tolerate the growing pains much easier because of this for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:26 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Sorry, but I think its impossible for Understatement Andy to let his c*ck hang out.
Last time I saw Andy "whip it out" was when he slapped the :-) with the Poe TD pass or was it the failed Hunt half back pass attempt?:-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:01 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
We have Mahomes, Hunt, Hill, Kelce and Sammy. We don't need a dominant defense. Not even sure it needs to get better. But it will.
Your statement here proves you are not a student of the game. Names are all you need to see which is why the "white board" or seeing it on paper is enough for you. Not for me and most die hard educated fans here either. At the most for us it represents hope for now. But further deeper hope and optimism resides in the following below for most of us here at CP.

The things I am looking for are not necessarily in this order but just need to be seriously addressed in the next 2yrs and primarily this year IF possible:

1. Stopping the run - better d-linemen so our LBs can make plays thus creating more stops so that our offense gets more chances/possessions to score pts. Mahomes will need these additional opportunities/defensive stops to make up for integrating himself and all his new toys to the NFL game.

2. Much better 2ndary play - Having Berry back helps but Fuller and Amerson need to integrate very quickly and successfully and I really don't see Amerson as a starter but rather depth so we need to pick up a high draft pick at CB that is an actual playmaking starter. We also need a serious "hammer" at safety that imposes fear which we do not have at this point.

3. Run blocking needs to graduate to "road grading" when needed. We have yet to demonstrate a "nastiness" on the o-line in crunch time. KHunt opened up waaaay to many holes for himself last year for my comfort level which is very hard on the body over time. Our pass blocking needs to improve even more this year not only to protect PM2 but the fact that we have a much more difficult schedule this year against stellar d-lines(a la Rams e.g)

4. TE position is lacking severely. Kelce needs help to take the pressure off of him so as to provide for better "bluff" as to who PM2 goes to in crunch time. What the Pats had in the Gronk/Hernandez combo for a brief period was idyllic IMHO. We need this type of TE combo(apart from the gangbangery of course:-)) if we are to establish an offensive dynasty for the future IMHO.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:29 AM 04-21-2018
Negatory, Wishbone.

Chiefs D needs the same level of juice that the offense is currently enjoying to begin the process of usurping Brady and Belicheck.

That offensive powerhouse, capable of outplaying dumbshit game day Andy needs its mirror to overcome Buttons McMetamucil.

Is what it is, nothing you can do about it, put your faith in Veach as only HE can set the stage for a sustained, 5 star franchise at this point.

Yep.

Yes sir.

Affirmative.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:35 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
I've followed Superbowl teams up close and no, you don't need stars all over the field

You need cohesiveness and toughness on defense
Top 10 defense + franchise QB = Super Bowl contention year in, year out.

The only true mathematical equation,

no other formulas legit,

no chance outside of those parameters.

OP needs to keep those vagina lips moistened and at the ready for about two more seasons.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:00 AM 04-21-2018
"I'm here to poop on your parade. Really, I poop my pants a lot. I keep a stash of Depends in the locker room."
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:53 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Sure, it's possible. It's going to take a few laser lipo sessions and constant supervision to keep him away from the China Star buffet line is all.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:36 PM 04-21-2018
Id really love us to find a new elite pass rusher. Obviously every team would love that. Its so important.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up