ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 32
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
aturnis 03:47 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Houston’s so upset he showed up to workouts this offseason when he didn’t last year.
It's a stupid narrative. Hostin might be mad his friend is gone, but Peters had a HUGE negative effect on Houston's production. No longing pressing receivers b/c Peters refused to hurt Houston's numbers.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:47 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well ok, keep ****ing that chicken.

More like they need a starting LG worth a **** because the season will mean nothing if Witz misses a block that injures Mahomes or Fisher injures his pussy and they're stuck playing a shitty back up at LT.
Never changes, the IMMENSE importance of the guard position here on CP.

Fuckers like you aren't going to know what to do when you have a QB that doesn't need a perfect line to almost succeed.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:58 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
here's the punch in the gut scenario: Veach maybe contemplating trading Tyreek.

If you're attempting to figure how to maintain the draft capital, with the current value of the Chiefs players.

It would suck, but one could argue that KC has enough talent to succeed in Offense to trade for an upgrade for the Defense.
Soo...maybe I am out of the loop, but where has this been said by any credible source? I just don't understand how that makes any sense at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 04-17-2018

If you're attempting to figure how to maintain the draft capital, with the current value of the Chiefs players.

It would suck, but one could argue that KC has enough talent to succeed in Offense to trade for an upgrade for the Defense.
:-)

This is being fucking retarded. Good god.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:08 PM 04-17-2018
:-) if you think Philly would even consider that trade

Try more like a 3rd and the Chiefs 2019 first, as the floor.
Yep
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:12 PM 04-17-2018

I almost deleted this post for you but it was so idiotic ifigured you deserved to have to live with it forever
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:12 PM 04-17-2018
I've gone to a party at a frat house before where they looked up exactly that.

The male actor seemed to please himself with the chicken fairly easily.

To veer back to the draft. I'd rather give up more points and big plays if it meant keeping Pat upright for 17 Weeks and off IR.

Seems like building around him should be the actual priority.
This is way more interesting than the Chiefs plan in the draft. What in the actual fuck?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:19 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

This is being fucking retarded. Good god.
How else do you expect Veach to pay compensation without being fleeced, and maintain picks?
[Reply]
Bewbies 04:29 PM 04-17-2018
How else do you expect Veach to pay compensation without being fleeced, and maintain picks?
He shall whisper in your ear.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:48 PM 04-17-2018
So ****ing what?

They're adding at least one corner this year and believe it or not, there will be a FA period and another draft again. Yep, it happens annually believe it or not.

They will have more than one for 2019, before 2019 and they will.add more in 2019. Step back from the ledge.
So you think Veach should go with lower rated corners on his board who, like Steven Nelson and Phillip Gaines, will probably barely play this year if at all leaving the CB core a complete tire fire?
[Reply]
BossChief 04:49 PM 04-17-2018
This OL is going to look VASTLY improved.

1) Mahomes avoids pressure while keeping his eyes down field. That alone is going to be a huge difference maker in how the OL is viewed.

2) Mahomes is going to kill teams that blitz him. His release and vision are both top notch. The less teams can blitz, the easier the OLs job is.

Now, I’d definitely move up for the right guy on the OL and I agree that protecting the franchise by building a monster line in front of him is a wise investment. Especially with Morse being a FA after this year...but getting 2 starting quality corners is mandatory.

It’s gonna take teams 10-12 games to catch up to what Mahomes is doing on offense. I think he runs wild till that point. The hype machine on the kid will be in full swing.

Opposing teams are going to be throwing the ball A TON.

Let’s say we come out of the draft with Oliver AND Hughes while keeping all of our original picks next year along with a 3rd, 4th and 3 later picks this year for other positions?

Then we use the other third on a safety to play next to Berry.

Or a guard
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:23 PM 04-17-2018
First, trading Tyreek is not what Veach is thinking. Delete your profile.

Secondly, I’m all for going up for a corner but not giving up too much. Lots of holes to fill. Plus, this is the year I think we see some UDFAs make the squad and play. There’s finally room for that. Hopefully they can nail one or two of those.

Third, Veach is aggressive. But I like the idea of having a 1, 2 2s and 3 to start the draft next season with no 4th round pick due to the Ragland trade.

I’d stay at 54 if you can’t go up for a corner. We need safeties badly and EB isn’t getting younger. Need to start adding some impact safeties that are worth a fuck.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:30 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So you think Veach should go with lower rated corners on his board who, like Steven Nelson and Phillip Gaines, will probably barely play this year if at all leaving the CB core a complete tire fire?
My plan is to let things shake out and if a good corner gets within 10 or so slots, yeah go ahead and move up. Don't continuously rob from tomorrow for today is the general theme. They do have more needs than just corner.

I like aggressive,.but there comes a point where you just gotta stick with the board because the team isn't that complete.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This is way more interesting than the Chiefs plan in the draft. What in the actual fuck?
While I appreciated the free Rolling Rock, attending parties at that house wasn't high on my to do list after that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:34 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:

I’d stay at 54 if you can’t go up for a corner. We need safeties badly and EB isn’t getting younger. Need to start adding some impact safeties that are worth a fuck.
That's, an answer , but to trade up and knowingly so you have to give up alot and if someone rips another for stating an opinion which involves a difficult decision you better have a solution yourself.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 04-17-2018
That's, an answer , but to trade up and knowingly so you have to give up alot and if someone rips another for stating an opinion which involves a difficult decision you better have a solution yourself.
Just checked in to page 7, and one of the first things I see is you saying Veach might be contemplating trading Hill?

Whatever you're smoking, lay off that shit bruv...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 32
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up