ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:58 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Jethopper:
We drafted a QB in the first. Who cares what happens for the next 5 drafts
i do - I also bet the farm we move up - possibly even into the first.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:24 PM 04-17-2018
Didn't Daniel Jeremih do that song "Borthday Sex"
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 12:26 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Didn't Daniel Jeremih do that song "Borthday Sex"
He was also a bullfrog by my understanding.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 12:41 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Giving up assets to replace a player we had on the cheap. Clown franchise.
Truth hurts.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:46 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Clown poster
He's right, though. We gave up a young, lockdown corner on his rookie deal for fairly little. How much will we have to give up to replace his production? One would hope it isn't too much, but I doubt that's the case.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:51 PM 04-17-2018
1) Veach has a twinkle in his eye when he said the chiefs might end up in the first round

2) using the pick from Peters and a third would probably get us into the early to mid second. That’s high enough to get a good CB.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:57 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's right, though. We gave up a young, lockdown corner on his rookie deal for fairly little. How much will we have to give up to replace his production? One would hope it isn't too much, but I doubt that's the case.
I hated the trade and still do, but we aren’t privy to the information they used to make such a tough decision.

I’ll always think that was a bad move. Having a CB that takes the ball away when we have a QB like Mahomes would have been very advantageous.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:01 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
1) Veach has a twinkle in his eye when he said the chiefs might end up in the first round

2) using the pick from Peters and a third would probably get us into the early to mid second. That’s high enough to get a good CB.
That would be idiotic as fuck, so something we're capable of doing.
[Reply]
ct 01:12 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Originally Posted by Hoover:
A few thoughts.

1. We are not one CB away from fielding a competent denfense, if we were by all means push the chips into the center of the table and go all in.

2. Yeah we need a starting CB, but we also need a ton of youth on the defensive side of the football. Having 5 of the first 125 picks could go a long way in providing this team with the defensive depth it needs.

3. Its not 2018 or bust. If you add solid defensive players (lets say our send and two third rounders) on defense, then next year you can add a playmaker since we will have a 1st and two second round picks.

4. Frankly hitting on picks #54, #78 & #86 would be > going all in on pick #32 IMO.

Let Veach do his work. There is no reason to do something stupid and go all in on a player drafted at the end of the first round.

This
and this AGAIN
[Reply]
BossChief 01:33 PM 04-17-2018
This team is going to score tons of points.

Tons. Probably top 5 scoring offense.

The team has 1 corner signed for 2019...and that’s the last year of his rookie deal.

This draft is stacked with CBs. 7 or 8 with first round grades.

Veach traded, tried to trade or let every single corner from last year walk.

Connect the dots here...we’re drafting 3 corners and 2 of them need to be able to not only start in a year, but play at a high level because our defense is going to be in dime a lot due to teams trying to keep up with the scoring.

I’m betting on them using next years second from the Peters trade and a third to move up to get one and then moving up again using our second and another pick this year or next to select another corner.

And I think that’s smart.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:42 PM 04-17-2018
Yeah, that's not going to happen.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:43 PM 04-17-2018
While I don't necessarily agree with them trading Peters, I get why they did it.

But if they turn around and package multiple(3 or more) picks to trade up into the first round to draft said replacement CB, well then that's just ****ing stupid. Hell, I'd rather see them draft 3 DB's with 3 different picks in hopes of 'hitting' on at least one . . . .
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 04-17-2018
What’s wrong with going up and getting a CB?

If we add a guy like Hughes, Davis, Oliver, or Alexander this could easily be the best CB group we’ve had under Reid.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:50 PM 04-17-2018
Going from 8 to 7 picks than spending nearly 50% of your draft capital on a single position is absurd. Veach should be fired out of a cannon, directly into the fucking sun if he does that.

They don't have a starting caliber FS, a cum dumpster situation at LG, a hole at slot WR and shitty TE LB and DL depth. No way would dropping half of the draft for corners make.any fucking sense.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 04-17-2018
I definitely wouldn’t want to give up too much though.

I think we can get one if we trade up 10-12 spots. That shouldn’t cost too much.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 32
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up