ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
RunKC 08:20 PM 04-17-2018
Sutton had this defense at 15th in the league in points given up and no more than 21 points given up at home minus one Marriotta fluke TD to himself.

That was with Zombo, Sorenson, Kevin Pierre Louis, Terrance Mitchell and the walking corpses of DJ and Tamba.

I am confident that if we provide Sutton with a competent starting corner to add to the FA additions, we can be around 10th in points allowed again.

Add that to an explosive offense and you have a chance.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:28 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sutton had this defense at 15th in the league in points given up and no more than 21 points given up at home minus one Marriotta fluke TD to himself.

That was with Zombo, Sorenson, Kevin Pierre Louis, Terrance Mitchell and the walking corpses of DJ and Tamba.

I am confident that if we provide Sutton with a competent starting corner to add to the FA additions, we can be around 10th in points allowed again.

Add that to an explosive offense and you have a chance.
* Need two safeties that can tackle and be respectable in coverage
* Need another true 5 tech that can rotate in with Bailey/Jones with little drop-off inproduction
* Need a cover/spy linebacker to fill the KPL role and hopefully be more competent at it
* Need the rotational interior DL to be sound in the run game
* Need edge pass rush insurance in the speed variety. KPass is not that with the plan to move him inside situationally. Ford/Nicolas need to earn their snaps by showing some durability. If Zombo plays any defensive snaps, this defense is in trouble.
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:39 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Unrealistic.
We’ll have a UFDA make the team at CB. Get 2 in the draft and that’s 3.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:41 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Two quality starters opposite Fuller before camp?

Unrealistic.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:57 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Heard it from few people....
who were at Best Buy ??:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:45 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
There will be a major purge of veteran corners after the draft and they could fill that final role with a cut.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:20 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
May not be Super Bowl push in 18 per say but you wanna push in 19,20,21

Get as many of the guys you think will be in their prime during that windowhere This year if you can and let them build together
exactly

Especially corners

Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Two quality starters opposite Fuller before camp?

Unrealistic.
2 guys with starting potential.

Key word potential.

Guys that can be better than Nelson and Amerson. Soon, if not immediately.

This team needs 3-4 corners that can cover and take the ball away.

Allow the backers and safeties to attack
[Reply]
BossChief 10:21 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
There will be a major purge of veteran corners after the draft and they could fill that final role with a cut.
They aren’t going that route unless they completely whiff in the draft.

These guys are going to play all the kids and coach them up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:24 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They aren’t going that route unless they completely whiff in the draft.

These guys are going to play all the kids and coach them up.
To fill that final roster spot, I don't see why not. Settle down, Beavis.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:27 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
To fill that final roster spot, I don't see why not. Settle down, Beavis.
Listen to Veaches media comments about it.

They are going to learn on the fly with young players, not vets.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:33 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Listen to Veaches media comments about it.

They are going to learn on the fly with young players, not vets.
That doesn't mean literally no veterans at all dude. :-)

I would bet on DRC as a post draft signing more than I would on some bizarro draft board grenade fantasy to have 3 rookies at Corner. Breeland is far from old and will be a steal pick up once the aids in his foot clears up.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:47 PM 04-17-2018
Carlton Davis all the way!
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:13 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
What's your solution?
I'm thinkin lobotomy.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:53 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
* Need two safeties that can tackle and be respectable in coverage Two? They added Golden who had a solid 2017, much better than the Chiefs safeties who played in 2017. I think they add 1 and let McQuay have some more playing time
* Need another true 5 tech that can rotate in with Bailey/Jones with little drop-off inproduction They already re-signed Jenkins and RNR, so we're pretty much using the same line as last year. A developmental type guy will be available in the draft
* Need a cover/spy linebacker to fill the KPL role and hopefully be more competent at it Agree, although Eligwe was impressive in pre-season etc, maybe he gets a bigger role in 2018
* Need the rotational interior DL to be sound in the run game Losing Logan and adding X. Williams is this move, plus Hitchens to shore up the run D
* Need edge pass rush insurance in the speed variety. KPass is not that with the plan to move him inside situationally. Ford/Nicolas need to earn their snaps by showing some durability. If Zombo plays any defensive snaps, this defense is in trouble. developmental pass rushers are available in the draft, from speed rushers like Holland to bigger guys like Ogbo Okoronkwo
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:08 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
- I believe Sorenson gets cut post June 1, thus the safety additions.
- Jenkins anecdote RNR aren’t true 5 techs.
- Ogbo is 6’1/240’s for weight - he’s not exactly a 3-4 edge setting prototype. Holland disappears way too often for my liking. He has some tools, but is inconsistent. If Chiefs go Edge early I like Carter, and Turay if we want a project in mid-later rounds.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up