ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Rampage
KChiefs1 06:48 PM 04-13-2018
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s latest flick has a Chiefs connection.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...208691159.html

Originally Posted by :
When Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson learned his character in the movie "Rampage" would have ties to a Nigerian family, he had a request.

Could the character's name be in honor of former Chiefs running back Christian Okoye?

Okoye, whose nickname was the "Nigerian Nightmare," rushed for 4,897 career yards in six seasons, and he is a member of the Chiefs Hall of Fame. Okoye led the league in rushing (1,480 yards) and attempts (370) in 1989, and he made one of his two Pro Bowl appearances that season.

Someone on Twitter noted that Johnson's movie character was named Okoye and was Nigerian.

That's when Johnson spilled the beans about his love for Okoye.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Okay. I know this is gonna sound stupid, but...

:::Putting on a smoking jacket and some classical music, lighting a pipe:::

The Rock is actually really good at what he does. Yes, his movies can be ridiculously stupid. Yes, he looks like a plastic action figure come to life. But he always has a believability in his roles. Despite his size, he never seems cartoony like Ahnold used to. There's always an aspect to his roles that doesn't have to do with his size. "Jumanji", he plays it as an awkward kid in a giant body. "Tooth Fairy", it's his connection to kids. "Journey 2", it's his attempts to be a father figure. In this film, it looks like it's his bond with animals. "Witch Mountain", again he's acting with kids and pulling it off. He seems like a very down to earth guy despite his size and fame and that carries over into his roles. Honestly, if you have a free minute, watch "Tooth Fairy". Stupidest damn premise for a film ever, and the guy pulls it off. He never takes himself too seriously. He'll never win an Oscar for Best Actor but he's always entertaining and watchable, which is more than you can say for a lot of serious actors.

He has occasionally taken on smaller scale/non action roles that he wasnt bad in.

Southland Tales, Be Cool, Pain and Gain for instance.....
[Reply]
Fishpicker 02:08 PM 04-21-2018

Rampage franchise has a new game out to go with the movie. You can find these at Dave & Busters, I guess. If anyone spots one in the KC area, please post the location here.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:55 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I love The Rock in just about everything he does. Haven't seen Tooth Fairy but I will look for it. The guy turns shit to gold. Like you said, he isn't going to win any Oscars but he has some great roles.

One of my favorites... The Rundown.
Get out of here Monkey!

I love that movie
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:22 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I love The Rock in just about everything he does. Haven't seen Tooth Fairy but I will look for it. The guy turns shit to gold. Like you said, he isn't going to win any Oscars but he has some great roles.

One of my favorites... The Rundown.

The Rundown is my favorite too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:08 PM 04-23-2018
$284 million so far. Looks to be slowing down. Ready Player One is topping $522 million.

l would think that Infinity Wars will take the bulk of the movie $’s for the next two weeks.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:53 PM 04-23-2018
I really enjoyed this movie with my seven-year old son this past weekend. Only thing that bothered me was, as a Walking Dead fan, seeing Jeffrey Dean Morgan basically be Negan in a suit was a bit tiresome. Outside of that, good movie!
[Reply]
Hawk 01:26 PM 04-26-2018
The Rock just has a certain charisma. He's likable in whatever role he is in. It's a hard quality to find in actors to be honest, but when you do, you can print money with them until it wears off or wears thin. Chris Pratt is another guy like that to me, just a relatable likable guy.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:23 PM 04-28-2018
Looks stupid...just like every other movie based off of a video game.

Video games don't translate well to the silver screen IMO. Hell Rock even did Doom, and it was one of the worst movies of all time.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:46 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Looks stupid...just like every other movie based off of a video game.

Video games don't translate well to the silver screen IMO. Hell Rock even did Doom, and it was one of the worst movies of all time.
Pfffft, speak for yourself. Doom is a guilty pleasure that I'll sit down and watch if I run across it. It's no Blade Runner, but it's fun.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:21 PM 04-28-2018
So is this thing bombing like I expected it to?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:09 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So is this thing bombing like I expected it to?
Nope, $290 million so far.
[Reply]
EricBerryBoom 04:36 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Nope, $290 million so far.
I mean, I get that The Rock basically craps out money at this point, but holy hell how does a movie based off a 30 year old game without a plot make this time of money?
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:19 AM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by EricBerryBoom:
I mean, I get that The Rock basically craps out money at this point, but holy hell how does a movie based off a 30 year old game without a plot make this time of money?
Have you seen the movie?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:17 PM 05-02-2018
you said it yourself, the Rock.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:07 AM 05-03-2018
Lotta kids out there who love big dumb spectacles
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up