ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Rampage
KChiefs1 06:48 PM 04-13-2018
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s latest flick has a Chiefs connection.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...208691159.html

Originally Posted by :
When Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson learned his character in the movie "Rampage" would have ties to a Nigerian family, he had a request.

Could the character's name be in honor of former Chiefs running back Christian Okoye?

Okoye, whose nickname was the "Nigerian Nightmare," rushed for 4,897 career yards in six seasons, and he is a member of the Chiefs Hall of Fame. Okoye led the league in rushing (1,480 yards) and attempts (370) in 1989, and he made one of his two Pro Bowl appearances that season.

Someone on Twitter noted that Johnson's movie character was named Okoye and was Nigerian.

That's when Johnson spilled the beans about his love for Okoye.

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:42 AM 04-16-2018
It looks like it is doing shit at the box office but has decent reviews from the audience scores(**** the critics, they don't know shit). I might go see it just from the decent reviews.

Edit: Apparently when I looked they hadn't updated the numbers... it is actually doing pretty good at the box office.
[Reply]
threebag 06:46 AM 04-16-2018
The video game was better
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:27 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It looks like it is doing shit at the box office but has decent reviews from the audience scores(**** the critics, they don't know shit). I might go see it just from the decent reviews.

Edit: Apparently when I looked they hadn't updated the numbers... it is actually doing pretty good at the box office.
$170+ Million opening weekend.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:41 AM 04-17-2018
120 to make it, they are already in the plus.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:50 AM 04-17-2018
Looks really stupid. It will probably do really well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:40 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Looks really stupid. It will probably do really well.
It doesn’t pretend to be anything but an updated Godzilla movie from the 60’s. Campy popcorn leave your brain at the door fun. This movie is directly smack dab in the middle of the Rocks wheelhouse. He’s a popular guy worldwide now. You can print money with this formula.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:01 PM 04-17-2018
This movie. Looks very very bad. It will be successful because everyone loves the Rock. The dude should run for office. He would win.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:41 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This movie. Looks very very bad. It will be successful because everyone loves the Rock. The dude should run for office. He would win.
as a lead actor in his 20 movies, the films have made $4.3 BILLION total. Not including this one and Jumanji which is still taking in money.
[Reply]
Fish 09:34 PM 04-17-2018
I spent many dollars worth of quarters playing the arcade game back in the day. The movie looks pretty dumb though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
I spent many dollars worth of quarters playing the arcade game back in the day. The movie looks pretty dumb though.
The Rock specializes in dumb movies and............... counting his money.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:18 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't think you smell what The Rock is cooking.
[Reply]
Fish 02:20 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I don't think you smell what The Rock is cooking.
Actually I do, and it smells like ass. :-)
[Reply]
JD10367 08:04 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The Rock specializes in dumb movies and............... counting his money.
Okay. I know this is gonna sound stupid, but...

:::Putting on a smoking jacket and some classical music, lighting a pipe:::

The Rock is actually really good at what he does. Yes, his movies can be ridiculously stupid. Yes, he looks like a plastic action figure come to life. But he always has a believability in his roles. Despite his size, he never seems cartoony like Ahnold used to. There's always an aspect to his roles that doesn't have to do with his size. "Jumanji", he plays it as an awkward kid in a giant body. "Tooth Fairy", it's his connection to kids. "Journey 2", it's his attempts to be a father figure. In this film, it looks like it's his bond with animals. "Witch Mountain", again he's acting with kids and pulling it off. He seems like a very down to earth guy despite his size and fame and that carries over into his roles. Honestly, if you have a free minute, watch "Tooth Fairy". Stupidest damn premise for a film ever, and the guy pulls it off. He never takes himself too seriously. He'll never win an Oscar for Best Actor but he's always entertaining and watchable, which is more than you can say for a lot of serious actors.
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:42 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Okay. I know this is gonna sound stupid, but...

:::Putting on a smoking jacket and some classical music, lighting a pipe:::

The Rock is actually really good at what he does. Yes, his movies can be ridiculously stupid. Yes, he looks like a plastic action figure come to life. But he always has a believability in his roles. Despite his size, he never seems cartoony like Ahnold used to. There's always an aspect to his roles that doesn't have to do with his size. "Jumanji", he plays it as an awkward kid in a giant body. "Tooth Fairy", it's his connection to kids. "Journey 2", it's his attempts to be a father figure. In this film, it looks like it's his bond with animals. "Witch Mountain", again he's acting with kids and pulling it off. He seems like a very down to earth guy despite his size and fame and that carries over into his roles. Honestly, if you have a free minute, watch "Tooth Fairy". Stupidest damn premise for a film ever, and the guy pulls it off. He never takes himself too seriously. He'll never win an Oscar for Best Actor but he's always entertaining and watchable, which is more than you can say for a lot of serious actors.
I love The Rock in just about everything he does. Haven't seen Tooth Fairy but I will look for it. The guy turns shit to gold. Like you said, he isn't going to win any Oscars but he has some great roles.

One of my favorites... The Rundown.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up