ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>This strategy seems to fit Brett Veach’s aggression
RunKC 03:18 PM 04-08-2018
Interesting story from AP on potential for moving up with Philly at 32.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...mpression=true

Here’s is an important piece to the move:

Originally Posted by :
The Eagles’ pick is worth 590 points. The Chiefs would need to give up picks 54 (360 points), 78 (200 points) and 124 (48 points) in order to meet (and slightly exceed) the value of the 32nd pick.
Philly has zero 2nd or 3rd rd picks so this offer should appear very tempting for them.

The Chiefs would have a 1st (32), 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 7th. At this point I’d think Veach would use his 2nd rd pick from Peters and maybe a 4th from 2019 to move up from 86.
Dorsey has 3 2nd rd picks including the last 2nd rd pick at 64. He currently has zero 3rd rd picks. I think he’d bite at that immediately.

So that would leave us with the following:

1st (32)
2nd (64)
4th (122)
6th (192)
7th (233)
7th (243)

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:52 PM 04-09-2018
No joke, I wouldn't be surprised if Justin Houston(age, and from reports he had a problem with how Peters was handled) isn't traded for a late 1st round pick which would make sense why KC has interviewed Dorance Armstrong multiple times for a target #54 pick selection.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:16 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No joke, I wouldn't be surprised if Justin Houston(age, and from reports he had a problem with how Peters was handled) isn't traded for a late 1st round pick which would make sense why KC has interviewed Dorance Armstrong multiple times for a target #54 pick selection.
Link?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:24 PM 04-09-2018
Nick Athan is that you? :-)

Get outta here with this shit. No way the Chiefs accrue $12.7 million in dead money just to get a late first round pick. And if Dorance Armstrong is drafted at #54, Veach needs to be shown the door.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:09 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Nick Athan is that you? :-)

Get outta here with this shit. No way the Chiefs accrue $12.7 million in dead money just to get a late first round pick. And if Dorance Armstrong is drafted at #54, Veach needs to be shown the door.
They've been scouting the shit out of Armstrong, and if Houston isn't cool with the Peters trade which I thought we would've gained a 1st round pick out Marcus. With going with that below market deal, anything is possible if Justin doesn't have the desired "attitude" because of said transaction.

If Houston doesn't have quarrels with it, though by all reports he did like Peters then it's a non-issue.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:37 PM 04-09-2018
They've been scouting the shit out of Armstrong, and if Houston isn't cool with the Peters trade which I thought we would've gained a 1st round pick out Marcus. With going with that below market deal, anything is possible if Justin doesn't have the desired "attitude" because of said transaction.

If Houston doesn't have quarrels with it, though by all reports he did like Peters then it's a non-issue.
Where are you getting this idea that Houston had a problem with us trading Peters?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:49 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Where are you getting this idea that Houston had a problem with us trading Peters?
Terez, was talking about it in one of his podcasts
[Reply]
Chargem 01:34 AM 04-10-2018
Dorance isn't a second round talent in my opinion, would be a reach
[Reply]
RunKC 05:30 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just not sure about trading up. They need a lot of depth on D and I hate giving up picks, especially premium picks.
The Browns have picks 33 and 35. The Colts have picks 36 and 37.
A 2nd rd pick is worth 270 points at the very least, which easily equals enough to trade for 35 or 37.

Dorsey and Ballard would absolutely trade down 20 spots for a 2nd rd pick next year, especially already having made an early 2nd rd pick.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:52 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not so sure its necessary, its a deep draft at almost all of our defensive positions of need
The earlier you pick a player out of a larger position group should give you a BETTER player.

In other words:

The best rated player out of a pool of 30 should be better than the best rated player out of a pool of 10
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:28 AM 04-16-2018
Moving up makes no sense
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:20 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Browns have picks 33 and 35. The Colts have picks 36 and 37.
A 2nd rd pick is worth 270 points at the very least, which easily equals enough to trade for 35 or 37.

Dorsey and Ballard would absolutely trade down 20 spots for a 2nd rd pick next year, especially already having made an early 2nd rd pick.
It would be just as easy to see where either or both would trade those picks to move up and get a player that they covet and get the 5th year option.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:38 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Moving up makes no sense
Completely depends on how the draft unfolds.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:35 PM 04-18-2018
Moving up makes a ton of sense. It just depends on the compensation
[Reply]
EricBerryBoom 08:50 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Moving up makes a ton of sense. It just depends on the compensation
Especially if the person you're moving up for is at a position where you can really make good use of the 5th year option. It's an underrated benefit for 1st round players.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up