ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 66
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:06 PM 03-29-2018
Routine is my problem, well, changing my routine. I've never been a breakfast eater, there is a lot of dairy in my diet and I consume alcohol and soda from 8:00 'til bedtime. I don't have a problem with this routine other than it is not conducive to losing weight and I do need to lose weight.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:23 PM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I forgot about the oatmeal I’ve been eating a few times a week at breakfast.

1 cup apple juice, boil it. Add 1/2 cup oatmeal, cover and reduce heat. When done put in Bowl, add cinnamon and hemp hearts.

18-22g protein, tastes like apple crisp. Delicious.
l’ve Been taking some small shrimp put them in a non stick pan with a little olive oil. Put in some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, brocolli etc and then put in a few eggs. Cook till eggs are fluffy.

A healthy 300-400 breakfast calories and no hunger.
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:49 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
l’ve Been taking some small shrimp put them in a non stick pan with a little olive oil. Put in some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, brocolli etc and then put in a few eggs. Cook till eggs are fluffy.

A healthy 300-400 breakfast calories and no hunger.

[Reply]
Simply Red 07:59 AM 03-30-2018
Two HB Eggs - a banana this AM - early lunch snack will be an orange, then a subway six inch turkey w/ only jalapenis and mustard on wheat. Tonight the boring Spicy grilled chicken wrap from Chick Fil A - Going to the store tomorrow to get the goods for the goal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 03-30-2018
I also do prep on the weekend. Put on a podcast and prep some veggies. Cut up some bell peppers, celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions, pineapple, watermelon etc.

I'm way way more likely to load up on veggies, fruit if its ready to use in meals.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:26 AM 03-30-2018
I also do prep on the weekend. Put on a podcast and prep some veggies. Cut up some bell peppers, celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions, pineapple, watermelon etc.

I'm way way more likely to load up on veggies, fruit if its ready to use in meals.
sure - makes sense to me.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:47 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Two HB Eggs - a banana this AM - early lunch snack will be an orange, then a subway six inch turkey w/ only jalapenis and mustard on wheat. Tonight the boring Spicy grilled chicken wrap from Chick Fil A - Going to the store tomorrow to get the goods for the goal.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
ping2000 09:52 AM 03-30-2018
A simple switch from Del Taco to Taco Bell would work. The daily diarrhea insures a negative calorie balance.
[Reply]
sedated 10:10 AM 03-30-2018
too much BBQ?:-)
I'm guessing its being stuck inside for 60% of the year because the weather is either 105 degrees with 90% humidity or 20 degrees with 30 MPH winds. Staying in shape in the midwest is a challenge.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 10:11 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Routine is my problem, well, changing my routine. I've never been a breakfast eater, there is a lot of dairy in my diet and I consume alcohol and soda from 8:00 'til bedtime. I don't have a problem with this routine other than it is not conducive to losing weight and I do need to lose weight.
I hate eating in the morning and used to down coffee for breakfast. Now I do a glucerna shake for breakfast everyday I don't want to eat which is most days. Better to have a little breakfast than nothing when trying to lose.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:05 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
:-) :-)
HAHAHA!

Originally Posted by ping2000:
A simple switch from Del Taco to Taco Bell would work. The daily diarrhea insures a negative calorie balance.

Man Del Taco is so good now that they've changed their contents - it really sucks to be on this diet - but it'll definitely be worth it! I'm excited for some results.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:14 AM 03-30-2018
I want Taco Bell so bad now. We gotta quit talking about tacos please.
[Reply]
seclark 11:26 AM 03-30-2018
down 50lbs in 3years.

walk 5miles 5days a week.
spinach and fruit for lunch
meat for supper
beer only on weekends

it's been slow, but it's been working.
sec
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 11:33 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
I hate eating in the morning and used to down coffee for breakfast. Now I do a glucerna shake for breakfast everyday I don't want to eat which is most days. Better to have a little breakfast than nothing when trying to lose.
Actually, I do intermittent fasting Monday thru Friday, where all I have is a cup of black coffee in the morning. I don’t eat my first meal until 12-1. This actually works great for losing weight.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:38 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by seclark:
down 50lbs in 3years.

walk 5miles 5days a week.
spinach and fruit for lunch
meat for supper
beer only on weekends

it's been slow, but it's been working.
sec
:-)
[Reply]