ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 66
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:33 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
When you put it down put it down forever...
Im pretty much of that mindset.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:56 AM 04-20-2018
Ended up at 580 calories yesterday for my down day. For exercise, I took Dog for a nice long walk to check out the river (see Pets thread)

Weighed in at 214.8 lb this morning. It's a nice drop that probably won't last long because I have back to back up days now. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 02:28 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Ended up at 580 calories yesterday for my down day. For exercise, I took Dog for a nice long walk to check out the river (see Pets thread)

Weighed in at 214.8 lb this morning. It's a nice drop that probably won't last long because I have back to back up days now. :-)
You need to stop weighing yourself everyday. It’s pointless.

Weigh once a week. Mid-week during what you consider a normal day. Only way to tell true changes and not day-to-day water weight fluctuation.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:05 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Weigh once a week. Mid-week during what you consider a normal day. Only way to tell true changes and not day-to-day water weight fluctuation.
It's not pointless to me. It helps keep me on track. Plus, I get a kick out of watching the wild fluctuations that happen when doing ADF. I can easily change 4 lb in a day.

I know it isn't fat and I know that weight change doesn't necessarily mean fat change. My diet is on a seven day cycle (3 down days, three up days, one "don't care" day) so, even though I don't talk about it here, I keep a running seven day average of my weight. It helps me see the big picture at a glance. Here's a chart showing the daily weight vs the seven day average. As long as the red line is trending down, I'm golden. If it starts to level off for awhile, I know I need to reevaluate my calorie deficit.

Weighing once a week would mean weighing after either a down day or an up day and it wouldn't give as accurate of a picture, imo. Thanks for your advice, though.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:42 AM 04-21-2018
Today is Sanity Saturday when I don't worry about counting or measuring stuff. I've built in the room calorie-wise so it still fits in the overall deficit. I have actually found that I get full quicker now so it is harder to really overeat.

I topped out at 2000 calories yesterday. In the spirit of Lewdog, I'll start posting my average weight instead of the daily bounces. It went down today to 217.2 lbs. It's more "real", anyway, for showing progress.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:52 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Today is Sanity Saturday when I don't worry about counting or measuring stuff. I've built in the room calorie-wise so it still fits in the overall deficit. I have actually found that I get full quicker now so it is harder to really overeat.

I topped out at 2000 calories yesterday. In the spirit of Lewdog, I'll start posting my average weight instead of the daily bounces. It went down today to 217.2 lbs. It's more "real", anyway, for showing progress.
I love you.

xoxo
Lewdog
[Reply]
Frosty 11:09 AM 04-21-2018

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:07 PM 04-21-2018
Been doing this Plank routine suggested by another CP'er - it's only 10 mins or so - but Damn!
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:08 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Fuck you!
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:08 PM 04-21-2018
JK hun
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Been doing this Plank routine suggested by another CP'er - it's only 10 mins or so - but Damn!
still staying under the daily calorie intake by 800-1000 calories every day. Burning an additional 650-1000 calories in exercise every day.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:48 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
still staying under the daily calorie intake by 800-1000 calories every day. Burning 650-1000 calories in exercise every day.
Great - Continue forward - proud of ya!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:52 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Great - Continue forward - proud of ya!
Ive accepted a new position that starts in 8 days. One of those all encompassing jobs. Going to have to learn to balance the demands of that task with maintaining my health path.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:58 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ive accepted a new position that starts in 8 days. One of those all encompassing jobs. Going to have to learn to balance the demands of that task with maintaining my health path.
just know your goal has priority over all - including beers. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:13 AM 04-22-2018
I've lost at least 10 pounds in about a month and a half. I cut out bread and carbs I really miss eating pasta but I've only been fat for 3 years and I was just getting fatter without excising so I started excising and feeling great about it.

Someone gave me an Abs machine I do about 40 reps a day but I'm going increase another 10 this week.

I've been using 15lbs dumb bells for a workout jamming to music and I'm going get 20lbs next. Living in a basement house I go up and down the stairs with the dumb bells 10 times but with my breathing i don't do much more than that but I want to increase that as well.

Hard work determination I've gotta keep pushing myself.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 66
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up