ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 66
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:38 AM 03-29-2018
basically , in my opinion I would try and do something like:

1) find out how many calories you burn per day

if you don't know you can yuse this calculator:

http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

2) then use some sort of app like 'myfitnesspal' to keep a log of everything you eat and drink

3) try to shoot for about 500 less calories than you burn per day..so if you burn 2000 calories a day, cut to 1500

you will lose a pound a week and it is very sustainable this way (500 x7 = 3500 calories..... and it just so happens 3500 calories is one pound)

LETS DO THIS fellas
[Reply]
Dayze 10:39 AM 03-29-2018
:-)
[Reply]
Frosty 10:41 AM 03-29-2018
I got inspired by this article. Based on his recommendations, I set my calorie level for 1800/day to start with. The thing is, though, is that I get diet fatigue really fast doing day in and day out low calorie and it seemed like one mistake dicked up the whole week.

I have done alternate day fasting before and found it easy once I got going. ADF has found to be as safe and effective as daily calorie restriction and it easier for me to stick with. What worked best for me was to "fast" Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday ("down days") and eat Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday ("up days").

With ADF, down days are actually 500 calories, though you can go zero if you want. I am currently doing the 500 calories. So a week's worth of calories is 1800 x 7 or 12600. Subtract out the three down days 12600 - 1500 for 11100 or 2775 a day for up days. I want to have one day where I don't have to really worry about calories so I actually do 2500 a day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which leaves 3600 for Saturday. That leaves a lot of wiggle room for having pizza or something. I don't like a true "cheat day" as that usually means a "binge day".

If you've looked into things like refeed days and diet breaks, there are some mental and physical benefits to breaking up the long low calorie periods. Eating this way builds in those diet breaks. Having those higher calorie days also help with the diet fatigue.

I try to target protein on my down days so will do eggs or non-fat Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. On up days, I usually do fruit and low fat dairy in the morning (cottage cheese or Greek yogurt) and for dinner, I tend towards low fat carbs and lean protein (I do a lot of stir fries or potatoes). The biggest challenge is fitting in with my wife's schedule as she does't need to diet.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:42 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Here's my typical diet when I'm not drinking beer or out at a restaurant.

80 cal light and fit greek yogurt
Turkey meat/turkey burgers, typically no bun. Make it a lettuce wrap.
Brown rice
Chicken breast (I'll use lemon pepper)
Tilapia (Lemon pepper)
Zero fat cheese
Egg whites
Green peppers
broccoli
frozen fruit that I add with my whey protein mix

And that's pretty close to it. I'm a simple eater.

I try to keep my daily macros around 50 fat, 200 carb, 150 protein

And I keep my cals under 2,000 during the week because I know on the weekends I'm gonna eat and drink whatever I want.

I personally think 1,100 cals is way too low for you SR. It's not going to be very sustainable. But just focus on eating foods that are high volume and low calories.

I get it and thank you - But the immense calorie reduction is for short-term loss - & maybe you're correct - I'm certainly not an expert in this area. I'm open to these sort of posts. this WILL work for me in the short-term though and I will start losing soon, by default. May massage my method(s) over the next month.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:52 AM 03-29-2018
this is all good stuff guys - we can do this together. I'm cool w/ PM's, DM's and BMs

Let's just stick together.

Want to report in and tell me? Fine.

Want me to spank you after you've inhaled a few cupcakes? that's fine too!

Accountability - maybe that's what we need to use the thread for.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:58 AM 03-29-2018
I want in on this. I am here with you all , im cutting 500+ calories a day...losing a pound or maybe 1.5 pound per week. I want to be there for you all for this and i want you to be there for me. Lets do this together.

You all seem nice.

Originally Posted by Simply Red:
this is all good stuff guys - we can do this together. I'm cool w/ PM's, DM's and BMs

Let's just stick together.

Want to report in and tell me? Fine.

Want me to spank you after you've inhaled a few cupcakes. that's fine too!

Accountability - maybe that's what we need to use the thread for.

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:59 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I got inspired by this article. Based on his recommendations, I set my calorie level for 1800/day to start with. The thing is, though, is that I get diet fatigue really fast doing day in and day out low calorie and it seemed like one mistake dicked up the whole week.

I have done alternate day fasting before and found it easy once I got going. ADF has found to be as safe and effective as daily calorie restriction and it easier for me to stick with. What worked best for me was to "fast" Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday ("down days") and eat Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday ("up days").

With ADF, down days are actually 500 calories, though you can go zero if you want. I am currently doing the 500 calories. So a week's worth of calories is 1800 x 7 or 12600. Subtract out the three down days 12600 - 1500 for 11100 or 2775 a day for up days. I want to have one day where I don't have to really worry about calories so I actually do 2500 a day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which leaves 3600 for Saturday. That leaves a lot of wiggle room for having pizza or something. I don't like a true "cheat day" as that usually means a "binge day".

If you've looked into things like refeed days and diet breaks, there are some mental and physical benefits to breaking up the long low calorie periods. Eating this way builds in those diet breaks. Having those higher calorie days also help with the diet fatigue.

I try to target protein on my down days so will do eggs or non-fat Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. On up days, I usually do fruit and low fat dairy in the morning (cottage cheese or Greek yogurt) and for dinner, I tend towards low fat carbs and lean protein (I do a lot of stir fries or potatoes). The biggest challenge is fitting in with my wife's schedule as she does't need to diet.
Interesting.
[Reply]
loochy 11:00 AM 03-29-2018
Your calories are too low. You are going to get too hungry and weak and end up cheating and failing. Don't cut so drastically. This is a long term thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:03 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
awesome guys

I am using 'myfitness pal' to keep track of my calories too.,..

if there are any bro's in here, /fit is a good board for lots of fitness info

I have lost 3 pounds in about 3 weeks just cutting back calories ...it works!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pawnmower again.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:05 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I've been eating vegan 5-6 days a week and have never felt better in my life. I'm interested to see if I ever make the leap to being fully vegan, or if I love food too much to give meat up entirely.

Don't really miss dairy at all, which is surprising. Every time I eat it I feel like shit and remind myself to be more careful.
The majority of my wife's family are Vegan these days.

One of my brother in law's is athletic as fuck now, after being a chub. He's cut, lean and makes playing pick up sports at the park unfair because he's clearly a cut above everyone else athletically, so his team always wins, even when we try to saddle him with the least athletic players. He attributes a lot of it to is switch to veganism.

My other bro in law was a fat fuck. I mean like....obese. As in it was nearly impossible to find clothes that fit him. He's lost an insane amount of weight after going hardcore vegan.

He's down to 245lbs, and we have no idea how much he actually lost because he was too heavy for any of our scales to read properly. At only 5-7" in height.

My mother in law also lost a ton of weight going Vegan. My sister in law and her husband are also vegan.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:08 AM 03-29-2018
I've been counting calories lately as well and my wife picked up a book called "Eat this, Not that", which i think is an awesome book.

Im not overweight by any means, but im aiming to get into that 10-12% body fat range and just clean up my eating habits in general, before i actually do get fat.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:09 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I've been eating vegan 5-6 days a week and have never felt better in my life. I'm interested to see if I ever make the leap to being fully vegan, or if I love food too much to give meat up entirely.

Don't really miss dairy at all, which is surprising. Every time I eat it I feel like shit and remind myself to be more careful.
Also, what i've found from being around a bunch of Vegans is that Vegan food is good as long as you stick to natural ingredients.

When they start getting into the fake meats and fake cheeses, their egg substitutes....bleh. Fucking gross. Barf bag shit.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:09 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I've been counting calories lately as well and my wife picked up a book called "Eat this, Not that", which i think is an awesome book.

Im not overweight by any means, but im aiming to get into that 10-12% body fat range and just clean up my eating habits in general, before i actually do get fat.
Interesting
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:17 AM 03-29-2018
You wanna lose weight, shove a squirrel up your ass.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:18 AM 03-29-2018
I just came home for lunch and threw together a fresh spinach salad and threw two chicken strips in a skillet. I could do this every day unless I'm looking for miniblinds.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 66
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up