ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 66
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:40 AM 03-29-2018
Chipotle...
[Reply]
MrGiggity 09:41 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
I have lost ten pounds in the last month eating roughly 1400 calories a day. I allow myself one cheat day, and exercise 3-4 times a week. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, fish, chicken, bacon (pork/turkey), peanut butter, apples, bananas. All I drink is water too.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 09:42 AM 03-29-2018
I also have been using MyFitnessPal app and fast each day from 14-16 hours.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:43 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by MrGiggity:
I have lost ten pounds in the last month eating roughly 1400 calories a day. I allow myself one cheat day, and exercise 3-4 times a week. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, fish, chicken, bacon (pork/turkey), peanut butter, apples, bananas. All I drink is water too.
Very nice. This is great news! Keep it up!

I 'personally' do better w/ calorie counting vs. actual low-carb.

I'm certainly proud of you!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:43 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Chipotle...
Nice!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:44 AM 03-29-2018
If eating healthy stuff doesn't bother you, then the calories become less significant. Obviously you have to cut back enough to burn fat, but you also have to eat enough to get the most out of your metabolism.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that it'll be better if you eat 2000 calories of lean meat, veggies, fruits, and whole grains than it is to eat 1200 calories in one meal from Steak 'N Shake and a handful of peanuts. And I'm not saying you are doing that at all, but I know friends who do it and there are certainly better ways to go about it.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:44 AM 03-29-2018
I've gotten older, and have resigned to the fact that pretty much no matter what I do, I'll get/remain fat.

and my ambition is shot in terms of doing anything about it lol.
I just try to eat fruit/oatmeal / maybe a few slices of summer sausage/cheese/crackers (those lunchable type things) etc...that type of stuff for lunches. Dinners are pretty tame, not a ton of fast food. Don't drink nearly like I used to, maybe a few beers on a random weekend etc. Don't drink soda hardly ever.

despite all this, I've still gained weight over the last year.
really started noticing all this once I turned probably 39. Gonna be 41 in a few months. Last july / august I got really frustrated and ate nothing but GD salads (and I hate salads) and made protein drinks for nearly two months and didn't seem to lose any weight. maybe a few pounds, but nothing noticeable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:45 AM 03-29-2018
I'm no help. Binge ate about three grand calories of garbage food a day this week. Though I burn about 2500 a day...preventing a fat fuck from forming.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 09:45 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Very nice. This is great news! Keep it up!

I 'personally' do better w/ calorie counting vs. actual low-carb.

I'm certainly proud of you!!
Thanks! Good luck to you sir!
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:47 AM 03-29-2018
I will say - I've ALREADY noticed energy level changes - mostly because I'm in bed by 11 or so - this really helps - but; I'm excited about my decision - I'm pretty disciplined once I get rolling (historically speaking)
[Reply]
In58men 09:49 AM 03-29-2018
Can honestly say April 29th will be 1 year of no fast food.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:50 AM 03-29-2018
I did this 6 months ago and noticed that my water consumption was a big part of it.

A lot of the time I felt hungry but it was just dehydration. I started drinking more water and felt a lot better during the day.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:52 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can honestly say April 29th will be 1 year of no fast food.
Great!
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:53 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I did this 6 months ago and noticed that my water consumption was a big part of it.

A lot of the time I felt hungry but it was just dehydration. I started drinking more water and felt a lot better during the day.
that's good to hear & helpful - I appreciate that.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 66
1 23451151 > Last »
Up