ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who is the Chiefs first Defensive pick in the draft?
ForeverChiefs58 07:39 AM 10-20-2017
What position is needed most?

S, CB, LB, DT?

OL and WR later depending on FA of course

Prospects you like?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:16 PM 03-21-2018
I’m thinking there’s a decent chance that Isaiah Oliver makes it to 54, so I’ll say him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:42 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Justin Reid
I fucking hope so.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:24 PM 03-21-2018
BPA that fits a position of need. S, CB, EDGE
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:43 PM 03-21-2018
One of these dudes.

Arden Key*, 3-4 OLB, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2018): 1-3.

2/24/18: Team sources think Key has high first-round talent and that he could be a devastating pass-rusher in the NFL. In a survey of league sources, Key was considered to be among the elite talents of this draft class. However, teams have major off-the-field concerns with Key and think they could cause him to slide in the 2018 NFL Draft. Key's off-the-field issues are similar to Randy Gregory or Tim Williams. While there are concerns, scouts also say that Key loves football and has worked on his own with pass-rushing guru Chuck Smith to develop his skills. Key has to interview extremely well in order to be a high pick, and team sources feel that Key has a much shot at panning out in the NFL if he goes to a secluded team like Green Bay or Buffalo to help keep him out of trouble.

Key had a slow start to the 2017 season. He missed two games and had to work himself back into playing shape after shoulder surgery limited his offseason training. Midway through the year, Key started to return to being a dynamic speed rusher off the edge. A late-season knee injury also knocked him out of a few games. In 2017, Key totaled 33 tackles with four sacks and a forced fumble. He put together impressive games against Mississippi State, Auburn and Florida. Key made a sack to clinch the comeback win over Auburn. He was phenomenal against Alabama, and the Crimson Tide couldn't block him.

9/1/17: Key was one of the best players in college football in 2016. He recorded 56 tackles with 14.5 for a loss, 12 sacks, three forced fumbles and three passes broken up on the year. He flashed a ton of potential as a freshman for LSU, totaling 41 tackles with 6.5 for a loss, five sacks and one pass broken up. Key is a dangerous pass-rusher with excellent speed and the ability to bend around the corner. He is lightning fast off the edge and has a ton of upside to develop.

Sam Hubbard, 3-4 OLB, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 266.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2018): 1-3.

2/24/18: In 2017, Hubbard collected 43 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss and seven sacks. He had good moments, but still didn't always play up to his great skill set and wasn't consistent enough.

9/1/17: In 2016, Hubbard collected 46 tackles with eight for a loss, 3.5 sacks and two passes batted. While rotating into the game as a sophomore, he showed his potential with 6.5 sacks. Hubbard also had 28 tackles with an interception. The senior could explode in 2017 as he has an early round skill set. Hubbard has a lot of physical talent, but he hasn't produced up to it. He could rise high if that changes as a senior.

Harold Landry, 3-4 OLB, Boston College
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2018): 2-3.

2/24/18: Multiple teams sources told me that Landry belongs on the second day of the 2018 NFL Draft. They labeled his senior year tape as not impressive. Landry had a big drop in his pass-rush production year over year and put together some ugly games in run defense. Sources say that Landry is smaller than his listed numbers of 6-foot-3, 250 pounds, too. They believe he is an inch or two shorter and weighs in the 240s, which makes him more of a linebacker's body type for the NFL. Teams that run a 4-3 defense have concerns about Landry holding up on the edge because he is very undersized to be a base end. More than one NFL source sees Landry as a second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

In 2017, Landry had 38 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks and two passes broken up. The senior missed a few games with an ankle injury late in the year.

Landry was a liability versus the run against the Fighting Irish, recording only one tackle while Notre Dame ran for seven touchdowns and had two players exceed 200 yards rushing. On the vast majority of his plays, Landry went against a freshman right tackle, yet was ineffective. Landry also lost his few reps against Mike McGlinchey, plus got rag dolled by Quenton Nelson. It was an ugly performance for Landry. He was slightly better against Clemson.

9/1/17: Landry had an impressive junior season as an edge rusher for Boston College, recording 16.5 sacks, 22 tackles for a loss, seven forced fumbles, four passes batted and 51 tackles. He contributed as a sophomore with 60 stops, and 4.5 sacks. Landry could fit best as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. A general manager told me they thought Landry would have been a late first- or second-round pick if he had entered the 2017 NFL Draft.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:47 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by :
If Veach and Dorsey are like minded the Chiefs NT pick will be BJ Hill of NC State. Hill has the measurables and was a Senior Bowl stand out.

DL Foley Fatukasi from Connecticut is another SPARQ hero if Veach loves metrics as much as Dorsey
https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/

re-pasteing from the combine thread
[Reply]
Chargem 03:42 AM 03-22-2018
If an edge guy falls to the chiefs at 54 I won’t be annoyed, but looking past the coming year corner and DL seem like bigger long term holes to be filled. I would almost rather this year was spent trying to see if kpass could be the starting edge guy once ford is gone, and if not draft a first rounder to pair with Houston the following year (2019 draft)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:57 AM 03-22-2018
http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-2/L...5-7921e8df4e20
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 03-22-2018
I wouldn't mind trading up for Justin Reid. I think he's fucking good.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 07:37 PM 03-22-2018
I like NFLDraftScout best for draft sites. Their player rankings have these defensive players available at pick #54: Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St. (#55); Reid, FS, Stanford (#59); Hill, DT, NC St. (#63); Allen, FS, Penn St. (#67); Jackson, CB, LSU (#71). I'd go for BJ Hill, DT, NC St. at pick #54 because I like the safeties available in rounds 3 and 4 more than DTs available in rounds 3 and 4.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:53 AM 03-24-2018
2. Carlton Davis - Corner
3. Nathan Shepherd - DL
3. Armani Watts - S
4. Jeff Holland - Edge
4. Wyatt Teller - OG
[Reply]
RunKC 10:31 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
3. Nathan Shepherd - DL
3. Armani Watts - S
4. Jeff Holland - Edge
4. Wyatt Teller - OG
Veach mentioned a mindset being established on defense, so tough assholes like Carlton Davis and Nathan Shepherd make a lot of sense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:16 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Arden Key*, 3-4 OLB, LSU
Key has off the field issues so I seriously doubt he's the selection
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:37 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach mentioned a mindset being established on defense, so tough assholes like Carlton Davis and Nathan Shepherd make a lot of sense.
Though we have to be wary about this too, because this falls into Carl's and Pioli's profile/right 53 mantra
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 03-24-2018
3. Nathan Shepherd - DL
3. Armani Watts - S
4. Jeff Holland - Edge
4. Wyatt Teller - OG
I’d be 100% down for this
[Reply]
RunKC 12:05 PM 03-24-2018
3. Nathan Shepherd - DL
3. Armani Watts - S
4. Jeff Holland - Edge
4. Wyatt Teller - OG
Give me Dane Cruikshank all day at safety. He fits perfectly here.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up