c.o_THjtt		Al_Bundy
frozen chief		frozen chief
One Magnificent Bracket	KCtotheSB
KC_Lee			KC_Lee
j.1			Shag

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:38 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This is SOOOOOOO awesome! The NHL needs to have more than one game a year outside!
Yeah I wouldnt mind another stadium series on top of the winter classic like they did a few times
[Reply]
DaFace 05:09 PM 01-20-2018
So...I think the Avs are good now. This was not expected.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:12 PM 01-20-2018
Also, the Avs may have a true elite player in MacKinnon for the first time since the glory years. Just watching him alone is worth the price of admission.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:28 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So...I think the Avs are good now. This was not expected.
They cut out the cancer and left it in Ottawa.

I'm hoping their 9 game winning streak ends tonight.
Attached: Untitled.jpg (62.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:32 PM 01-22-2018
Blues are in a bit of a schnide and have a goalie controversy.

It bothers me that Jake Allen looks a lot like Alex Smith and has seemingly a similar player-fan dynamic with more... involved Blues fans to us here at the Planet.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:33 PM 01-22-2018
Also, the Avs may have a true elite player in MacKinnon for the first time since the glory years. Just watching him alone is worth the price of admission.
Yeah, watched the Rangers game the other day and his speed with the puck is kind of crazy.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:19 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
They cut out the cancer and left it in Ottawa.

I don't think Duchene is the problem, per se. His upside is probably a top 20 forward in the league, but he's just so damn streaky. The upside causes GMs to overvalue him, and his streakiness leads coaches to end up constantly shuffling lines to try and find the combination that will work for him. I think he's a fine player, but teams just have to know what they're getting at this point.

The Avs locker room is certainly a lot more cohesive now that he's gone (since he clearly didn't want to be a part of the solution anymore), and the dump truck full of prospects is going to be huge in the next few years. But at the same time, Ottawa's problems are far deeper than Duchene right now.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:46 PM 01-22-2018

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:11 PM 01-22-2018
The Leafs just don't like playing defense, huh.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:45 PM 01-22-2018
Watching the Lightning give the Hawks 'da bidness was awesome...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:48 PM 01-22-2018
Has anyone here ever went to the fan fest stuff for the All-Star game? Is it worth it?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:25 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Has anyone here ever went to the fan fest stuff for the All-Star game? Is it worth it?
No, but one of my assistant coaches did, and he said it was all amazing. You need to tell the wife you'll be spending part of the retirement fund!
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:13 AM 01-23-2018
Celebrate all you like. You know it was a piss poor win. Can anyone explain Goaltender Interference after this game?
The Leafs have a huge lead over the next closest contender in the Atlantic, (Florida). Babcock's been mind fucking with the Leafs for the past few weeks to play a better defensive game, (regardless of picking up points), and he finally broke them last week. He's exposed their weaknesses and he did it again tonight. The team is now infighting and talking about accountability, which has Babcock very proud.
It's been a tough month as a Leaf fan but I think I get the approach.
Either way, congrats on the win but don't think it will be this easy when they meet in the Stanley Cup Final.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:01 PM 01-23-2018
Celebrate all you like. You know it was a piss poor win. Can anyone explain Goaltender Interference after this game?
Nope. I'm not going to feel bad about it because this was taken away from the Avs a while back...

I disagree that this is Goalie Interference. Grubauer initiates contact and then Nieto gets cross checked. #AvsGifs pic.twitter.com/Vh8lsvX9bx

— Avalanche Gifs (@Avs__Gifs) November 17, 2017

But I definitely agree that the interference rules are a complete mess right now. We've gotten screwed on a couple of offsides reviews where they were determining if a foot might have been a centimeter off the ice, too. I kind of think they just need to ditch reviews again except for seeing if the puck crossed the line. The new reviews have certainly not cleared things up.

Originally Posted by :
The Leafs have a huge lead over the next closest contender in the Atlantic, (Florida). Babcock's been mind fucking with the Leafs for the past few weeks to play a better defensive game, (regardless of picking up points), and he finally broke them last week. He's exposed their weaknesses and he did it again tonight. The team is now infighting and talking about accountability, which has Babcock very proud.
It's been a tough month as a Leaf fan but I think I get the approach.
Either way, congrats on the win but don't think it will be this easy when they meet in the Stanley Cup Final.
To be fair, that was the most competitive game the Avs had played in the winning streak, and it probably wasn't close. The Leafs did a nice job of shutting down MacKinnon's line, which no one else seemed to be able to do. I think if they played a 7-game series right now, it probably ends 4-3.

So sure, I look forward to the rematch in the finals. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:21 PM 01-23-2018
Nope. I'm not going to feel bad about it because this was taken away from the Avs a while back...

But I definitely agree that the interference rules are a complete mess right now. We've gotten screwed on a couple of offsides reviews where they were determining if a foot might have been a centimeter off the ice, too. I kind of think they just need to ditch reviews again except for seeing if the puck crossed the line. The new reviews have certainly not cleared things up.

To be fair, that was the most competitive game the Avs had played in the winning streak, and it probably wasn't close. The Leafs did a nice job of shutting down MacKinnon's line, which no one else seemed to be able to do. I think if they played a 7-game series right now, it probably ends 4-3.

So sure, I look forward to the rematch in the finals. :-)
Clearly interference...

/Hockey coach and goalie dad
[Reply]
Page 7 of 51
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up