c.o_THjtt		Al_Bundy
frozen chief		frozen chief
One Magnificent Bracket	KCtotheSB
KC_Lee			KC_Lee
j.1			Shag

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:31 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
What a haul for the Avs in that deal, though. I know it sucks to trade a star like Duchene, but it seems like Sakic did ok.
They'll be fine. They got an impressive haul for arguably the most overrated player in the league.

What I fail to understand is why Ottawa traded Turris+ for Duchene. Could easily argue that Turris is the better player. Nashville killed that deal IMO.
[Reply]
Pushead2 05:36 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
They'll be fine. They got an impressive haul for arguably the most overrated player in the league.

What I fail to understand is why Ottawa traded Turris+ for Duchene. Could easily argue that Turris is the better player. Nashville killed that deal IMO.
Spot on - 100%.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:56 AM 11-22-2017
The rumor of a Oliver Ekman-Larsson trade for William Nylander made me shart my pants a bit this week.
BTW - Shenn was an awesome acquisition for the Blues and Colorado & Nashville made off like bandits in their trade. I don't get it from the Ottawa perspective.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:09 AM 11-22-2017
They've been fun to watch so far this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:10 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Schenn is ****ing incredible. What a steal.
This cannot be stated enough. That trade was a complete rape
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:12 AM 11-22-2017
Tarasenko with the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

And people bitched when we traded Reaves - that we needed someone to protect 91.

Dude can handle himself just fine.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:17 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Tarasenko with the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

And people bitched when we traded Reaves - that we needed someone to protect 91.

Dude can handle himself just fine.
That he can.

But I agree with Yeo and that a player of Tarasenko's caliber cannot be throwing blows. I think it sent a good message to the rest of the team, though.
[Reply]
Predarat 12:43 PM 12-11-2017
The Blues are terrible hard to keep up with, going to be a good race for the Central.
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:59 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Predarat:
The Blues are terrible hard to keep up with, going to be a good race for the Central.
We may slow down a bit after the Annual Jaden Schwartz Injury on Saturday afternoon.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:58 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
We may slow down a bit after the Annual Jaden Schwartz Injury on Saturday afternoon.
:-) 6 weeks.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:00 AM 12-12-2017
Duchene since the trade: 2-2-4 in 14 games.

I was told he's upgrade on Turris though. :-) Ottawa is fucked.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:32 AM 12-12-2017

Bobby Ryan - 1-8-9 in 20 games with a $7.25M cap hit. Ottawa is super fucked.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:19 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Bobby Ryan - 1-8-9 in 20 games with a $7.25M cap hit. Ottawa is super fucked.
They may actually trade Karlsson (among other good players) because their owner is a cheap ass who already has to pay ~20+ mil to bums like Duchene, Ryan, and Phaneuf.

Karlsson's gonna get 10+ M once his contract is up next offseason. Melnyk isn't gonna give that to him. Just wonder who would trade for him. Would absolutely love for the Rangers to be in on that, although I imagine the price would be ungodly.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:16 AM 12-12-2017
They may actually trade Karlsson (among other good players) because their owner is a cheap ass who already has to pay ~20+ mil to bums like Duchene, Ryan, and Phaneuf.

Karlsson's gonna get 10+ M once his contract is up next offseason. Melnyk isn't gonna give that to him. Just wonder who would trade for him. Would absolutely love for the Rangers to be in on that, although I imagine the price would be ungodly.
Tough situation... Trading for high end pending UFAs usually means negotiating a contract extension before trading. No matter what, any team trading for him would be giving up a huge part of their future in high end picks and prospects, not to mention the impact to their cap situation.

With Doughty and Karlsson beating their chests recently, saying they're going to get as much as they can on the open market, this reduces their trade value in a sense since other teams know their current teams are in a pickle to extend them and they have no loyalty to their current teams vs. $$$.

Melnyk needs to decide if he wants to do a deep dive rebuild, or, let things play out as they are, while in a Canadian Market that can't even sell out their playoff games. Tough situation...

As a Leaf fan, with some glaring needs on defense, I wouldn't even be sniffing around Karlsson or Doughty. Both teams will be far more desperate to get far less for them next year. Even then, the cap damage would be hard to defend.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:19 AM 12-12-2017

I'm actually starting to fear that the 1st rounder we got for him might get pushed to 2019 (it's top 10 protected in 2018).

As for Duchene himself, he's always been streaky as hell. I think he gets way too far into his own head, and feeling like he has to prove himself on a new team is certainly the kind of situation I'd expect him to struggle with.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 51
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up