Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:20 PM 04-20-2018
Drove past his house today. Whoopie.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:32 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Drove past his house today. Whoopie.
Minneapolis was blessed to have him stick around up there freezing his ass off, most stars would've ditched that place at their earliest convenience... he is the coolest thing your city will ever have
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:16 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Relevant and just released from the vault.

I'm partial to Sinead O'Connor's cover. You can really feel her pain.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:55 AM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Minneapolis was blessed to have him stick around up there freezing his ass off, most stars would've ditched that place at their earliest convenience... he is the coolest thing your city will ever have
Minneapolis-like most cities-the most famous people are sports figures and news people.

Prince was a recluse. Very private. He never just "walked around"
I was not a fan. I just know that in a few years, all of his heirs will be broke and the 'house' will need to be sold.

The coolest thing Minneapolis ever had? Winter.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:11 PM 04-21-2018
Can you imagine going to a concert and hearing this for the first time ever? no previous radio play? no existing album?

Definitive Live Version, aside from the SB in the actual pouring rain [spoilered to save from melting faces]

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 10:52 PM 04-21-2018
That was great BL, the little *enhanced edition' blurbs were very informative... its very easy to tell that performance was the basis of the album cut, every little note and vocal inflection is exactly the same
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:00 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm partial to Sinead O'Connor's cover. You can really feel her pain.
Chris Cornell's version is the best I've heard.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:44 PM 04-22-2018
That super bowl performance was one for the ages. Watching that live, I have never been so blown away by a televised performance. God clearly had His hand all over that man's life.
That he was able to seamlessly meld the spiritual and carnal in to a musical battlegasm that sold in the millions for decades is a testament to a level of artistry and depth that very few in modern, western music have ever achieved.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:00 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
That super bowl performance was one for the ages. Watching that live, I have never been so blown away by a televised performance. God clearly had His hand all over that man's life.
That he was able to seamlessly meld the spiritual and carnal in to a musical battlegasm that sold in the millions for decades is a testament to a level of artistry and depth that very few in modern, western music have ever achieved.
complete bullshit.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:39 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
complete bullshit.
Okay, then.

Thanks for stopping by!
[Reply]
stevieray 06:04 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Okay, then.

Thanks for stopping by!
yeah, you too.
[Reply]
threebag 08:25 PM 04-22-2018
:-)

Hello Stevie, welcome back...
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:01 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Going to assume you've never been to Minneapolis then.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:51 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Going to assume you've never been to Minneapolis then.
For some reason CP seems to be extremely ignorant about Minneapolis. It's common for people to act like there's nothing in the city but snow.

I heard someone here talk about how much it sucked once, calling it "a cold version of Omaha" :-)
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:47 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
For some reason CP seems to be extremely ignorant about Minneapolis. It's common for people to act like there's nothing in the city but snow.

I heard someone here talk about how much it sucked once, calling it "a cold version of Omaha" :-)
Minneapolis is what KC wishes it could be, in just about every single way.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 34
« First < 222829303132 3334 >
Up