ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Ash vs Evil Dead
Tribal Warfare 10:24 PM 07-10-2015

[Reply]
Dunit35 12:10 PM 07-20-2015
This looks awesome. Too bad it's on starz.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:40 AM 07-28-2015

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:36 AM 07-28-2015
How come you can't find the trilogy available on the internet? I found some companies in UK and Germany, but did they pull it from companies in the US or something?
[Reply]
unlurking 05:35 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
How come you can't find the trilogy available on the internet? I found some companies in UK and Germany, but did they pull it from companies in the US or something?
I can only guess, but if I were Starz I'd probably buy up the rights to the trilogy and show it exclusively on my channels. I would also make them available for free from starz.com though. Just to increase interest in the new TV show. Have no idea what has actually happened though.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:39 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I can only guess, but if I were Starz I'd probably buy up the rights to the trilogy and show it exclusively on my channels. I would also make them available for free from starz.com though. Just to increase interest in the new TV show. Have no idea what has actually happened though.
Army of Darkness is there, Epix has Evil Dead 2, haven't seen the original on any of the premium stations recently.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:41 PM 07-28-2015
I now know what my plans are for Halloween.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:39 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Army of Darkness is there, Epix has Evil Dead 2, haven't seen the original on any of the premium stations recently.
Amazon prime has it but I believe it's only for purchase ($9 range I think.)

Honestly you can skip ED1 if you want because ED2 is mostly a remake and a better made one at that...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:32 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Honestly you can skip ED1 if you want because ED2 is mostly a remake and a better made one at that...
Never seen ED1, but I understand it was basically the "made with 60 bucks" version of ED2, which was still delightfully cheesy, Last night, flipping through channels, I came across Army of Darkness on a channel called El Rey...I wonder if that's a Starz channel. It was un-edited but still had commercials.

Anyway, I can find the whole trilogy but not from US vendors. Just thought that was odd, but I guess it's possible that Starz bought it up or something.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:52 AM 07-29-2015
Never seen ED1, but I understand it was basically the "made with 60 bucks" version of ED2, which was still delightfully cheesy, Last night, flipping through channels, I came across Army of Darkness on a channel called El Rey...I wonder if that's a Starz channel. It was un-edited but still had commercials.

Anyway, I can find the whole trilogy but not from US vendors. Just thought that was odd, but I guess it's possible that Starz bought it up or something.
And for the record I bought "If Chins Could Kill" for $1.50 plus shipping off Amazon.

If you are any kind of fan at all of the ED films or the brilliance that is Bruce Campbell (and his greatness is HUGE) I highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Swanman 07:43 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:

From a plot standpoint, ED2 happens the day right after ED1 ends. They are two fairly different movies with a common theme of the evil spirits wrecking stuff. In the first, it's Ash and his friends getting torn apart. In 2, it's Ash fighting the spirits basically alone until some strangers related to the original owner of the cabin show up about halfway through the movie. And from a tone standpoint, the first movie is all horror and the second movie sprinkles in quite a bit of comedy.
[Reply]
notorious 09:38 PM 07-29-2015

Evil Dead is serious.

Very serious.

It is nothing like ED2 and AOD.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:49 PM 07-29-2015
You ever see the SY fyi original movie Dead and Breakfast notorious?
[Reply]
unlurking 01:43 PM 10-26-2015

[Reply]
notorious 02:08 PM 10-26-2015
:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:22 PM 10-26-2015
Looks awesome.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up