ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Katie Horner out at Channel 5
phisherman 09:23 AM 07-01-2011
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/01...channel-5.html

Katie Horner is leaving KCTV 5.

The local CBS affiliate gave no timetable for the longtime KC meteorolgist's departure in a press release e-mailed today, just that it would be later this year.

In the statement, KCTV general manager Bobby Totsch said, “We have spent a great deal of time talking about her future and right now she feels she needs some additional time with her young daughters. We discussed several options, but we simply couldn’t figure out a way to make it all work. I’m certain her career as a meteorologist is far from over, it may just be on hold for a bit.”

The statement said Horner had been part of the station and KCTV5 News for more than 17 years.

In the statement, Horner said, “I will miss the day to day excitement that comes with the job and the opportunity to inform our viewers,” said Horner in the released statement. “I believe all meteorologists play a role in keeping people feeling safe in severe weather conditions, and I know we have made that a focus at KCTV over the years. I have met and worked with a lot of great people in the KC area and I will still be happy to call KC my home. I will still be around, and hope to be involved with something that allows me to do what I enjoy and still do what is best for my girls. I just want to say thank you to all of the viewers who allowed me to come into their homes each night.”

Said KCTV News Director Blaise Labbe: “We are not going to let her leave just yet. Having Katie here a while longer will allow us some time to plan our future.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/01...#ixzz1QrqjwERe
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:41 PM 04-21-2018
She looks Hornier
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:42 PM 04-21-2018
Hornyer?

Horneear

Me so horny
[Reply]
Bowser 02:49 PM 04-21-2018

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:54 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Hey good news fuckers, someone's coming back to inform you of certain death!

[Reply]
oldman 03:48 PM 04-21-2018
Hey good news ****ers, someone's coming back to inform you of certain death!

:-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:49 PM 04-21-2018
Hey good news ****ers, someone's coming back to inform you of certain death!

Plumbing?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:53 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Plumbing?
Yeah that was my question too. Plumbing as in, slab leaks or plumbing as in, "How's your plumbing?"
[Reply]
srvy 04:49 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Yeah that was my question too. Plumbing as in, slab leaks or plumbing as in, "How's your plumbing?"
She actually started a plumbing business with her husband. Also it seems I read in CP a poster actually used her plumbing services may have been another board.

I hope she in her return cools her heels a little on the drama. That is what got her ran in the first place.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:53 PM 04-21-2018
Jen Mcdermond (sp) is here.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:29 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Jen Mcdermond (sp) is here.
Always liked her....wondered where she went.

9 took a step back.
[Reply]
Coach 07:06 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
She actually started a plumbing business with her husband. Also it seems I read in CP a poster actually used her plumbing services may have been another board.

I hope she in her return cools her heels a little on the drama. That is what got her ran in the first place.
I had no issues with her when there wasn't any major storms hitting KC area. When it did, well.... that's when everything just goes sideways and the drama factor was too much.

If she can dial back the drama stuff, and report the weather on facts, she'll be fine. That being said, I wonder what would that mean to Bryan Busby.

Either way, I don't really watch KMBC 9 anyways because their graphics is just outdated. I usually flip between FOX4 and KCTV5.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:11 PM 04-21-2018
Probably not a lot. TV9 was thin on weather people.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:01 PM 04-21-2018
Get your crash helmets out....it's cloudy and stuff
[Reply]
Monkey God 10:04 PM 04-21-2018
Pete Grigsby continues to fill in on 9 a lot. I think he has been on the air more since he quit years ago than he was when he was a full time employee. Guessing Katie takes weekends...that's where Pete fills in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 PM 04-21-2018
Fucking KC weathermen are fucking horrible

all fucking last night and this morning they were telling us OMG IT'S GOING TO RAIN ALL DAY BROS

not a single fucking drop

there was more moisture in my gf's panties tonight than the whole of the kc metro saturday
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up