ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Katie Horner out at Channel 5
phisherman 09:23 AM 07-01-2011
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/01...channel-5.html

Katie Horner is leaving KCTV 5.

The local CBS affiliate gave no timetable for the longtime KC meteorolgist's departure in a press release e-mailed today, just that it would be later this year.

In the statement, KCTV general manager Bobby Totsch said, “We have spent a great deal of time talking about her future and right now she feels she needs some additional time with her young daughters. We discussed several options, but we simply couldn’t figure out a way to make it all work. I’m certain her career as a meteorologist is far from over, it may just be on hold for a bit.”

The statement said Horner had been part of the station and KCTV5 News for more than 17 years.

In the statement, Horner said, “I will miss the day to day excitement that comes with the job and the opportunity to inform our viewers,” said Horner in the released statement. “I believe all meteorologists play a role in keeping people feeling safe in severe weather conditions, and I know we have made that a focus at KCTV over the years. I have met and worked with a lot of great people in the KC area and I will still be happy to call KC my home. I will still be around, and hope to be involved with something that allows me to do what I enjoy and still do what is best for my girls. I just want to say thank you to all of the viewers who allowed me to come into their homes each night.”

Said KCTV News Director Blaise Labbe: “We are not going to let her leave just yet. Having Katie here a while longer will allow us some time to plan our future.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/01...#ixzz1QrqjwERe
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:25 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Laz:
Katie Horner is officially on the way out the door at KCTV5

last day is today
She knows we lust after her. I am going to post a link on the channel 5 facebook wall.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 06:26 PM 11-02-2011
My life sucks now.
[Reply]
007 06:46 PM 11-02-2011
good riddance
[Reply]
whoman69 06:54 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Shes a freak!
This thread is worthless with pics
[Reply]
Gonzo 07:46 PM 11-02-2011
How will ya'll know when to panic down there?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Frazod 07:49 PM 11-02-2011
I wonder if she'll go from house to house, blocking the TV and screaming frantically.
[Reply]
SnakeXJones 07:50 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
I wonder if she'll go from house to house, blocking the TV and screaming frantically.
:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:52 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Alton deFlat:
I'd become a weather junkie!
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 07:54 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'd become a weather junkie!
they would have people calling and complaining so much that she wouldn't last a month unless they put her in a moo moo

:-)
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:23 PM 06-05-2014
Doesn't say anything about a return to TV.

Meteorologist Katie Horner leaves St. Louis station, returns to KC

As it turns out, TV meteorologist Katie Horner never really left Kansas City.

She had been doing weather at a St. Louis station since January 2013. But she recently quit her gig at KMOV, Channel 4, to return to her home and three daughters here.

“Dear St. Louis friends,” Horner wrote on Facebook May 28, “I have moved back to KC. My children needed me to be home full time. KMOV was supportive of my need to go home. They have been awesome.”
KMOV news director Brian Thouvenot told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Horner had been commuting to and from Kansas City each weekend.

“We hated to see her go, but we also understand her wanting to be with her family,” he said.

On KMOV, Horner delivered forecasts at noon and 5 p.m. weekdays.

She was a fixture — and sometimes a lightning rod for controversy — at KCTV-5 in Kansas City for 17 years. She joined the station in 1994 and became chief meteorologist, replacing Gary Amble, in 1998.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...rns-to-KC.html
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:58 PM 06-05-2014
Need her to come back. That twit that replaced her is the suck
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:03 PM 06-05-2014
Awwww shiiiiiiit!
[Reply]
Fish 10:14 PM 06-05-2014
Horner 2: Return of the Stormgasm
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:26 PM 06-05-2014
Would
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 10:29 PM 06-05-2014
She's selling Real Estate now in KC...I'm sure she points out the basements and door jambs that will make for excellent storm protection. Hope she provides a bicycle helmet with every sale.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up