ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Whats your Favorite Podcasts?
SLAG 07:42 PM 05-22-2007
I wanna know
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:58 PM 09-17-2012
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Phil Hendrie show

http://www.trn1.com/hendrie-audio
Phil's great, but most of his stuff is paid subscription only, unless you happen to live in one of his radio markets.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:03 PM 09-17-2012
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Phil's great, but most of his stuff is paid subscription only, unless you happen to live in one of his radio markets.
True, if you look around you can find them though. I think premiere or whoever shuts them down fairly quickly though.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 01:10 PM 09-17-2012
I desperately need another CBB episode where Adomian plays Dov Charney.

I'm sure he played him once during the CBB live shows, but I haven't dropped the money for them yet.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:11 PM 09-17-2012
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
True, if you look around you can find them though. I think premiere or whoever shuts them down fairly quickly though.

Itunes is kind enough to inform me, that I presently have 2 1/2 days [ie, approx 60 hours] of backlogged podcasts. That's just the ones I haven't listened to yet.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:13 PM 09-17-2012
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
I desperately need another CBB episode where Adomian plays Dov Charney.

I'm sure he played him once during the CBB live shows, but I haven't dropped the money for them yet.
CBB #108, June 2011.

Here's a portion

EDIT: OMFG, tracking down the previous click turned up Andy Daley killing off all of his characters. Classic CBB bit.

[Reply]
ZootedGranny 01:27 PM 09-17-2012
Well, I meant new Dov Charney heat. Outside of Merrill Schindler and Dr Bronner, I'm a fan of all of his impersonations, especially self-hating Giamatti, but Dov Charney is my favorite.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:33 PM 09-17-2012
Well, I meant new Dov Charney heat. Outside of Merrill Schindler and Dr Bronner, I'm a fan of all of his impersonations, especially self-hating Giamatti, but Dov Charney is my favorite.
He broke out a Bronx cop turned standup character on Benson Interruption that was . . . OK, . . I got what he was going for, and occasionally he got there, but there was a shit ton of audience crickets too.

One of those guys with a Bronx accent, who says something outrageous/offensive, then turns on the crowd with stuttering and stammering threats.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 02:18 AM 09-18-2012
Dwight Yeokum on Ace today, good discussion of the seamy side of C&W.

I've gotten to where Allison's non sequiturs are the funniest part of the show. Something about them that are so random that they kill me every time. A couple months back they had a female guest back out and when Carolla mentioned that she wasn't coming in Allison pouted 'awww, I was going to show her my scarf.' Delivered perfectly. I had to shut the pod off for a few seconds to regain composure. Same when she over shares her female/bodily function travails.

LaBove w/Mohr was good, but much of it had already been covered last year on WTF w/Maron.
I agree with your point on Allison. she's definitely the bright spot on the show. ARIYNBF is worth a listen.

I also agree that the Mohr stories w/ LaBove covered the same stuff as WTF. I preferred the former because it has (Mohr) humor. Maron likes to probe and get into issues, if jokes are told on WTF, that's incidental.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:21 PM 09-18-2012
Wife is looking for a catholic podcast. Daily devotional kind of thing. She has a 35 minute commute.
[Reply]
Buck 05:58 PM 09-18-2012
Dr. Bronner is so boring.

I gotta say Jesse Ventura is my favorite character of his. My favorite character of each of the main guests...

James Adomian - Jesse Ventura (followed closely by Huell Howser)
Paul F. Tompkins - Garry Marshall
Andy Daly - Don de Mello (some of his stuff has made me nearly piss myself laughing)
Seth Morris - Bob Ducca
Nick Kroll - Bobby "Bottle Service" Bruscia
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:39 PM 09-18-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:
Dr. Bronner is so boring.

I gotta say Jesse Ventura is my favorite character of his. My favorite character of each of the main guests...

James Adomian - Jesse Ventura (followed closely by Huell Howser)
Paul F. Tompkins - Garry Marshall
Andy Daly - Don de Mello (some of his stuff has made me nearly piss myself laughing)
Seth Morris - Bob Ducca
Nick Kroll - Bobby "Bottle Service" Bruscia
PFT won me over forever as Sir Dame Andrew Llyod Webber when he announced his fervent anticipation of 'one of your American hotting dogs.'
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 12:58 PM 09-19-2012
I saw CBB live and Adomian rocked da haus as Gary Busey.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:34 PM 09-25-2012
Came here to say, you haven't heard a gay-affected voice until you've heard Edgar Oliver on 'The Moth.' If Seth McFarlane did a voice like that for a character on Family Guy, he'd be charged with a hate crime.

I spent half the episode convinced it was some kind of character, but it looks like it's the guy's actual speaking voice.

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe:
I saw CBB live and Adomian rocked da haus as Gary Busey.
Got around to Adomian on Sklarboro today. He brought everyone, Busey, Gunn, Houser, Ventura. Plus, Ventura returned late in the episode to talk with 'Mark Wahlberg' [Dan Van Kirk] Hilarious.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:45 PM 09-25-2012
Alex Jones FTW!!!
[Reply]
blaise 06:09 AM 09-26-2012
Came here to say, you haven't heard a gay-affected voice until you've heard Edgar Oliver on 'The Moth.' If Seth McFarlane did a voice like that for a character on Family Guy, he'd be charged with a hate crime.

I spent half the episode convinced it was some kind of character, but it looks like it's the guy's actual speaking voice.

Got around to Adomian on Sklarboro today. He brought everyone, Busey, Gunn, Houser, Ventura. Plus, Ventura returned late in the episode to talk with 'Mark Wahlberg' [Dan Van Kirk] Hilarious.
I love when the Sklars do the Wahlberg bit.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up