Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach predraft press conference
RunKC 10:36 AM 04-20-2018
Starts now. Please post updates
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:07 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
I could live without "fire in the belly" and the myriad other cliches...
I don't know Clay, that cliche say's it all in a lot of ways especially at the QB position.:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:53 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Sorry Half, I have a bad habit of run on sentences. Sure I will make a bet with you that we don't win the SB:-) Not trying to be a "negative Nancy" here just being realistic here because our defense sucks hind tit right now.

What's the wager ???:-)
I was just making the point that you are writing off the season as a failure before the draft, training camp and preseason games.

Anything less than a Championship is a failed season- correct.

Technically, we don't know if the defense sucks yet. They have not even had a practice or finalized the roster. We can't even base it on last year, because the unit will be so different. Sutton is still here, so unless we feel he is so completely incompetent we won't see a bit of improve- there is all indication it will be a much better unit.

The odds are against every team to win it all, but I think the Chiefs have a decent chance to take the AFC. I believe our offense will be that great.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:15 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
That’s why I struggle with Hughes. He’s got questions marks. A lot of them.
If we're going by production it's Jackson, but when including being
a shear athlete then the other is Oliver
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:34 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I was just making the point that you are writing off the season as a failure before the draft, training camp and preseason games.

Anything less than a Championship is a failed season- correct.
I get your point and maybe I should have explained more succinctly. We are in semi-rebuild mode with the defense IF not almost full rebuild. With a new QB taking over with just one game under his belt getting very little if any chemistry time with Hill,Kelce, Watkins and ??? is why my expectations are much lower because it takes time to build chemistry and even longer when you are a new QB trying to just figure out the NFL game regardless of talent. Now with that said, it definitely was to PM2's advantage to set but when called upon he did come through shining leading a 4th qtr drive to win the game which is what you want to see.

And I totally agree with you this will be exciting to watch "once" the chemistry is there but it will take time as well for the defense to gel into it's new chemistry. I don't think we have all the pieces nor will have them after this draft either but we will be much closer and why I say we will not win the SB this year. Making the playoffs will be huge for PM2's first legit year at QB and because of his talent and if injuries are at a minimum I think we could go at least past the first round.

Defining success for this team in 2018 doesn't mean we have to win the SB in order to be successful. I just need to see forward progression in key areas of need of which we have many that show we are a real contender to win the SB.

Is our offense a contending SB offense ? On paper it does. But we still need a nasty run blocking line and another athletic TE to complete that offense and PM2 to continue to show smarts and discipline.

Is our defense at least a mediocre defense that competes ? On paper it is getting there but no where near a SB type of defense or at least an above average defense that can get you there.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:22 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by :
Football be very very good to me.

If it were not for football, I would not play football today.
Comedy Gold. One of the best routines.

https://youtu.be/BerJdS2VJhA
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:57 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I get your point and maybe I should have explained more succinctly. We are in semi-rebuild mode with the defense IF not almost full rebuild. With a new QB taking over with just one game under his belt getting very little if any chemistry time with Hill,Kelce, Watkins and ??? is why my expectations are much lower because it takes time to build chemistry and even longer when you are a new QB trying to just figure out the NFL game regardless of talent. Now with that said, it definitely was to PM2's advantage to set but when called upon he did come through shining leading a 4th qtr drive to win the game which is what you want to see.

And I totally agree with you this will be exciting to watch "once" the chemistry is there but it will take time as well for the defense to gel into it's new chemistry. I don't think we have all the pieces nor will have them after this draft either but we will be much closer and why I say we will not win the SB this year. Making the playoffs will be huge for PM2's first legit year at QB and because of his talent and if injuries are at a minimum I think we could go at least past the first round.

Defining success for this team in 2018 doesn't mean we have to win the SB in order to be successful. I just need to see forward progression in key areas of need of which we have many that show we are a real contender to win the SB.

Is our offense a contending SB offense ? On paper it does. But we still need a nasty run blocking line and another athletic TE to complete that offense and PM2 to continue to show smarts and discipline.

Is our defense at least a mediocre defense that competes ? On paper it is getting there but no where near a SB type of defense or at least an above average defense that can get you there.
Mahomes spent time with every receiver in the offseason, plus he has all training camp and preseason to build chemistry.

Chiefs are an elite AFC team and top ten in the NFL- it is going to be a long season, but anything can happen.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up