ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>First round mock
BryanBusby 09:37 PM 04-17-2018
1. New York Giants (f/CLE) - Sam Darnold QB USC

The Giants seem locked in on Darnold so if the Browns aren't going to pick him, they might as well fleece the Giants out of a pick for zero risk. As for the Giants, Gettleman has no loyalty to Eli and he's nearly toast.

The Giants are gonna have to massively overpay for 1 to fend off the Bills, who will be super desperate to land a top QB.

(Giants send #2 and 2019 first to the Browns for #1)

2. Cleveland Browns (f/NYG) - Josh Allen QB Wyoming

If Dorsey is going to go stupid with the QB choice, they should at least get max value for the #1 choice.

3. New York Jets (f/IND) - Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

The Jets will go for Baker with Josh Allen gone.

4. Buffalo Bills (f/CLE) - Josh Rosen QB UCLA

The Bills will leap up from 12 to 6 to 4, as the Browns will not have much interest in moving far down because while they want extra picks....they need to still land some top end talent.

(Buffalo sends picks 6 and 53 to the Browns for 4)

5. Denver Broncos - Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina State

The Broncos have some major questions facing them on the edge. Von Miller is getting older and may not be the ultimate rusher for long. Barrett will be gone after 2018 and Shane Ray isn't heading the right direction.

You can make a strong case for Barkley, but this RB class is super deep and I can't see Elway prioritizing RB if Pubes is advising him.

Corner? Eh. At some point, but not here. I feel they go Chubb and try to get back to winning up front more reliably.

6. Cleveland Browns (f/IND&NYJ) - Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

This feels more in line for where Barkey should land and he should eventually become a home run hitter for the Browns.

(Buffalo send the #12 pick, 56th pick and 2019 3rd round pick to the Colts for the 6th pick)

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derwin James S Florida State

James is the BPA and could have an Eric Berry like impact on a pretty subpar Buccaneers Defense.

8. Chicago Bears - Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

The Bears released a high end Guard and manufactured a need in result. Time to fill it or something, fucking whatever.

9. San Francisco 49ers - Courtland Sutton WR SMU

The 49ers seem determined to get Jimmy Grapes weapons

10. Oakland Raiders - Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

Gruden was brought in to "fix" Carr and he can't do that if they still suck shit at tackle.

11. Miami Dolphins - Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama

The Dolphins need a guy that will start shutting down Tight Ends

12. Indianapolis Colts (f/BUF) - Roquan Smith LB Georgia

The Colts get a key piece to kick off a total rehaul.

13. Washington Redskins - Da'Ron Payne DL Alabama

The Redskins need to patch the leaky Defense

14. New England Patriots (f/GB) - Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

The Patriots know that Brady's time is about up and they need to start developing a QB to take over with mckid when Brady and Belichick ride off to the nearest gay bar. Pats shown a lot of real interest in Jackson lately and he has the Brady approval.

The Packers know that the dip from mid first to the 3rd round isn't a lot, and will gladly take an extra 2nd round choice with the cap savings not being at 14.

(Pats send 31+43 to the Packers for 14)

15. Arizona Cardinals - Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

Ward is getting overrated in a bad CB class for elite guys IMO, and really should go around here.

16. Baltimore Ravens - Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

No way Ozzie passes on Bama

17. LA Chargers - Vita Vea NT Washington

Chargers take the fatty

18. Cleveland Browns (f/SEA) - Tremaine Edmunds OLB Virginia Tech

The Seattle Seahawks are fucking dying to move down after the stupid as one year rental they made for Sheldon Richardson. The fact that they are trying to rebuild and not picking again till the bottom half of the 4th round is a fucking disaster.

The Browns need at least one new LB, possibly 2 if Jamie Collins doesn't rebound. John Dorsey will gladly part with one of the trillion picks they hold to add a guy like Edmunds.

(The Browns package the first and last pick in the 2nd round for 18)

19. Dallas Cowboys - Will Hernandez OG UTEP

The Cowboys shore up a line that went from elite to leaky in 2017

20. Detroit Lions - Marcus Davenport DE UTSA

The Lions need another rusher

21. Cincinnati Bengals - James Daniels C Iowa

The Bengals went cheap on the OL last year and ginger fuck head regressed a lot. Dalton is an average passer, average athlete, average person, average name, average lover, average everything. The team around him has to be great if he's going to be great, so they need to sink more into the Offense.

Letting Zeitler leave for the Browns last year was comically stupid. Mike Brown, y'all.

22. Buffalo Bills - Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise State

The Bills LB group is pretty fucking bad, so they will need to make it a priority if dipshit Richie is back and James Daniels is gone.

23. New England Patriots - Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

The Patriots made sure to keep 23 over 31, feeling a good player would slip this far.

24. Carolina Panthers - Justin Reid S Stanford

I feel Reid is going to have a last minute surge and the Panthers are in major need of a quality centerfield type of guy.

25. Tennessee Titans - Harold Landry OLB Boston College

Brian Orakpo is slow and is on the decline. Titans need more natural pass-rush with the scheme change.

26. Atlanta Falcons - Taven Bryan DT Florida

If the Falcons have a shot at Taven, I think it's a lock.

27. New Orleans Saints - Sam Hubbard DE Ohio State

The Saints took a step back once they lost Okafor and I don't think he's coming back.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

It's good to see Shazier can live a normal life after that hit, but he's done football wise.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State

The Jaguars committed to Bortles without really actually committing to him. I think they're taking the Best Available QB.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia

The Vikings need to pick up another starting quality Guard to protect the mega bucks QB.

31. Green Bay Packers (f/NE) - Ronnie Harrison S Alabama

The Packers replace an older, average Burnett with a younger and cheaper Harrison.

32. Kansas City Chiefs (f/PHI) - Josh Jackson CB Iowa

If you're going to go aggressive, this is the move you'd make. The Eagles are desperate to move down in this draft and teams are valuing quantity over quality here, so I think tremendous value can be had if you're buying in a seller overloaded market.

Not only can do they do this with only parting away with a 3rd, I think they can make it happen with the later 3rd. The Eagles really really need another selection.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:15 PM 04-17-2018
Hmmm

Moving up to the Eagles pick for a third...

For Josh Jackson...

Seems like a dream come true again.

Jackson would be great in this system.

Exactly the ball hawk we need to give Mahomes more and more chances to score.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...7&postcount=92
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:10 AM 04-18-2018
This draft is more deep than elite and all the teams know it.

Lots of squads looking to move down, so Veach would be smart to take advantage of it and if he moves up...to do so for a price below market value.

I wouldn't put much effort into going after a Carlton Davis either. Needs to be a more legit guy or just let things unfold.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:15 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

Lots of squads looking to move down, so Veach would be smart to take advantage of it and if he moves up...to do so for a price below market value.

I wouldn't put much effort into going after a Carlton Davis either. Needs to be a more legit guy or just let things unfold.
The Eagles ain’t going to give anybody a discount. 5th year option is important plus they have a need at corner. They just cut a guy they traded for in Worley who was in their plans. If coveted Corner talent is on the board when they are on the clock, they will make the pick, or auction it for a ransom.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:42 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The Eagles ain’t going to give anybody a discount. 5th year option is important plus they have a need at corner. They just cut a guy they traded for in Worley who was in their plans. If coveted Corner talent is on the board when they are on the clock, they will make the pick, or auction it for a ransom.
They have plenty of corners.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:48 PM 04-18-2018
I’d love Josh Jackson
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:29 PM 04-18-2018
I'm OK with us going up to get a ball hawk but that top 10 is a mess you got there.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:52 PM 04-18-2018
The Eagles have multiple needs and no realistic way to add any more cap space to fill them. They are desperate to add another pick.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:58 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Hmmm

Moving up to the Eagles pick for a third...

For Josh Jackson...

Seems like a dream come true again.

Jackson would be great in this system.

Exactly the ball hawk we need to give Mahomes more and more chances to score.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...7&postcount=92
I mean, coming out of this draft with Josh Jackson is a huge win...that damn near makes the whole draft a success.

He’s gonna be a fantastic pro that steals the ball consistently. All pro ceiling. At the fourth most important position in the sport.

The kid has inate vision, ball skills and playmaking ability. He doesn’t just intercept the ball, he’s looking to score with it. Just like Peters.

I’d be fine with any of the first 7-9 corners as they all have high ceilings, but Josh Jackson is special.

He and Fuller would start and Amerson/Nelson would duke it out for nickel and dime duties.

Anybody that would bitch about us moving up to get a guy like that hasn’t watched him play.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:17 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I mean, coming out of this draft with Josh Jackson is a huge win...that damn near makes the whole draft a success.

He’s gonna be a fantastic pro that steals the ball consistently. All pro ceiling. At the fourth most important position in the sport.

The kid has inate vision, ball skills and playmaking ability. He doesn’t just intercept the ball, he’s looking to score with it. Just like Peters.

I’d be fine with any of the first 7-9 corners as they all have high ceilings, but Josh Jackson is special.

He and Fuller would start and Amerson/Nelson would duke it out for nickel and dime duties.

Anybody that would bitch about us moving up to get a guy like that hasn’t watched him play.
He's the ball hawk KC needs after moving Peters. I'd do a backflip if they land Jackson. I'll be really curious once we're at pick 30 if we see KC make the leap. I think it's far more likely to get into 35-40 however.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:33 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

I am really having trouble understanding why this site so easily and consistently dismisses Carlton Davis...

His hands leave something to be desired, yes, but he has every other tool in a corner you could ask for
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I am really having trouble understanding why this site so easily and consistently dismisses Carlton Davis...

His hands leave something to be desired, yes, but he has every other tool in a corner you could ask for
Agreed
[Reply]
RunKC 09:06 PM 04-18-2018
Will Hernandez added to that Cowboys OL would be insane. Incredibly talented if that happens.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:33 PM 04-18-2018
I expect Ward, J. Jackson, and Hughes to all go in the 1st round. Alexander also is likely a first rounder. I see Oliver and Davis as early 2nd round selections. After these guys, there is a significant drop in talent.

The offer sheet attempt for Kyle Fuller paired with all the “smoke” surrounding trade up rumors, plus the amount of corners the Chiefs have worked out make it near inevitable that they will be attempting to manoeuvre up in order to get one of these half a dozen prospects who can figure to start day one.

My preferences in order:
J. Jackson
M. Hughes
C. Davis

Come draft day, I see Carlton Davis is the most realistic prospect to become a Chief. I believe the price and ability to move up for Jackson or Hughes will be too great, or more so, they will be selected out of the Chiefs range.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:18 AM 04-19-2018
I expect Ward, J. Jackson, and Hughes to all go in the 1st round. Alexander also is likely a first rounder. I see Oliver and Davis as early 2nd round selections. After these guys, there is a significant drop in talent.

The offer sheet attempt for Kyle Fuller paired with all the “smoke” surrounding trade up rumors, plus the amount of corners the Chiefs have worked out make it near inevitable that they will be attempting to manoeuvre up in order to get one of these half a dozen prospects who can figure to start day one.

My preferences in order:
J. Jackson
M. Hughes
C. Davis

Come draft day, I see Carlton Davis is the most realistic prospect to become a Chief. I believe the price and ability to move up for Jackson or Hughes will be too great, or more so, they will be selected out of the Chiefs range.
Alexander is a lock for the first, IMO.

I think he and Ward go in the teens, Hughes and Donte Jackson go later in the first.

Josh Jackson, it really depends exactly how many teams see him as a Safety instead of a Corner. If that amount is high, he could fall out of Day 1.

Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
His hands leave something to be desired, yes,
You just answered your own question.
[Reply]
Up