ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 66
« First < 16566263646566
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:30 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Checked the app and I've passed over 2500 miles walked since I started. Makes it more difficult when the temp "feels like" 102 degrees but I'm pushing through it. Got the experience from last year to help deal with the temps. Still trying to walk a marathon a week.
Which app are you using? I've been using MapMyWalk, which isn't the greatest, but works.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:33 AM 06-25-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Which app are you using? I've been using MapMyWalk, which isn't the greatest, but works.
It's free so I use that one. Don't need anything fancy. Gets the job done. Have the data shared with the My Fitness and the health app. Trying out some of the new ones on the market.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 09:40 AM 06-25-2019
Checked the app and I've passed over 2500 miles walked since I started. .... Still trying to walk a marathon a week.
That is damn good by the way... I'm just going for the short burst of 60 days... but a Marathon a week is a really good pace.. 2500 miles! WOAH!
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03:09 PM 06-25-2019
Trying to lose a little weight before the fall where there are a couple races I would like to enter. I would like to see how my running times react if I were about 135 pounds. Haven't been that low since I was 18. Last race season at my peak fitness I was about 150. This year instead of upping my mileage in the summer, Im gonna hold steady at a modest 12-15 miles per week and focus on diet. The problem with increasing my mileage is that I can't seem control my appetite when I hit 30+ miles per week. I can maintain, but I won't lose. I'm also weightlifting 3X/week to keep my fitness up. Won't build much muscle while losing weight, but I have had some noob gains after a long layoff.

I'm about three weeks into my diet. No alcohol, drinking more water, eating cleaners and counting calories about 2-3 days/per week.

I started at 159 and I have set a weigh-in goal each Wednesday morning. I usually end up cutting a bit of water in the last 36 hours or so, but the idea is that it will force me to manage my weight more closely throughout the week. So for example, tomorrow my weight goal is 152. Im currently 154.5, so I will need to do a run tonight and watch my fluid intake to make 152. Then Ill drink extra water and eat normally Wednesday-Saturday (and get back up to 154-155) before starting to manage as I get closer to my next weigh-in-- which will be 150. This is the only thing that seems to work with me, so Im rolling with it.

Not really a sustainable plan, but it should only take about 8 more weeks to get down. Then Ill increase my mileage in August and maintain 135 through November or so. Gonna break 20 on my 5k and 5:30 on my mile
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 PM 06-25-2019
That is damn good by the way... I'm just going for the short burst of 60 days... but a Marathon a week is a really good pace.. 2500 miles! WOAH!
went out today in the 102 degree heat and walked 6.3 miles.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:54 AM 06-26-2019
Got told that I'm borderline diabetic about 2 months ago and chose the "lose weight and pay attention to what I eat" option of treatment instead of medication with recheck in 3 months. So far I'm staying under 45 grams of carb per meal or snack (most times under 20) and have went from 248lbs to 231lbs as of this morning. I weighed 216 when I got out of the Army 22 years ago and my goal is to get close to that. Summertime on the farm so activity level has went up some but nothing organized. Will have to figure something for winter or else I will put it back on.
[Reply]
scho63 09:31 AM 06-26-2019
Timely bump as I need to get back on the bandwagon, been eating and drinking way too much the last 90 days
[Reply]
tmax63 12:46 PM 06-26-2019
Yeah, but someone told me that pussy is low-cal hi-protein...
[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:53 PM 06-26-2019
went out today in the 102 degree heat and walked 6.3 miles.
God damn... well done.

I pushed myself too hard and was starting to average 12 miles a day. Didn't pay enough attention to my body, and now I am nursing a heel bruise. Gotta take it easy for a couple days, and then I guess I will tape it back up and get back to my 7 mile days.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:27 PM 06-26-2019
God damn... well done.

I pushed myself too hard and was starting to average 12 miles a day. Didn't pay enough attention to my body, and now I am nursing a heel bruise. Gotta take it easy for a couple days, and then I guess I will tape it back up and get back to my 7 mile days.
#noexcuses?
Attached: FB5BD569-5D95-4549-A05E-AD0EAAFE0A46.jpg (42.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 66 of 66
« First < 16566263646566
Up