ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 70
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
Sorter 02:48 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's going to be fucking AWESOME to see an Imperial Grand Admiral, finally! And that view of him from the Death Star is awesome.

This movie looks to be everything I wanted from TFA but didn't get.
Have you seen any of his other stuff (Animal Kingdom, Bloodline, etc)?

They could have a fantastic villain for R1 and more if they do this shit right.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:54 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Have you seen any of his other stuff (Animal Kingdom, Bloodline, etc)?
I've seen him in several movies over the years and he's always fantastic. I'll have to check out Bloodline at some point (along with about a dozen other series out there that I've yet to see!).

Originally Posted by Sorter:
They could have a fantastic villain for R1 and more if they do this shit right.
Agreed. He could be part of the Obi Wan trilogy, Boba Fett and maybe even the Han Solo stand alone.

The thing that I got from this trailer is that not only does the film look to be awesome, there's so much to explore thematically that doesn't involve Luke or Han or Leia, although Vader and The Emperor should definitely have a presence.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:55 PM 04-07-2016
One more thing: Holy crap, has motion capture taken a huge leap in the last decade!

Alan Tudyk's character looks as real as it gets. VFX these days are just stunning.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:56 PM 04-07-2016
Could be Admiral Yularen. Though the canon states he's one of the silent Imperial leaders in the meeting on the Death Star when Vader force chokes a bitch and is only a part of the Imperial Security Bureau, it'd be nice to see the loyal officer character from TCW be a Star Wars version of Rommel.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:01 PM 04-07-2016
It's going to be fucking AWESOME to see an Imperial Grand Admiral, finally! And that view of him from the Death Star is awesome.

This movie looks to be everything I wanted from TFA but didn't get.
This. I'm super excited for this one.
[Reply]
Sorter 03:08 PM 04-07-2016
I've seen him in several movies over the years and he's always fantastic. I'll have to check out Bloodline at some point (along with about a dozen other series out there that I've yet to see!).

I think you'll enjoy Bloodline. If you haven't seen Animal Kingdom, go rent that shit asap. Mendelsohn, Edgerton, and Guy Pearce in an Aussie crime film.

Originally Posted by :
Agreed. He could be part of the Obi Wan trilogy, Boba Fett and maybe even the Han Solo stand alone.

The thing that I got from this trailer is that not only does the film look to be awesome, there's so much to explore thematically that doesn't involve Luke or Han or Leia, although Vader and The Emperor should definitely have a presence.
Same. Much more excited for this than TFA.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:40 AM 04-12-2016
I'm hearing rumors that Alexandre Desplait might not be scoring Rogue One and that LucasFilm has met with two other composers about the gig.

FWIW, Brian Tyler would be my first choice.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:24 PM 04-12-2016
I'm hearing rumors that Alexandre Desplait might not be scoring Rogue One and that LucasFilm has met with two other composers about the gig.

FWIW, Brian Tyler would be my first choice.
John Williams not doing anymore Star Wars? Or hes only doing the Main saga stuff?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:35 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
John Williams not doing anymore Star Wars? Or hes only doing the Main saga stuff?
From my understanding, Williams was only signed to do Episode VII.

It was announced early on that Desplait would be the composer for Rogue One but I've been hearing rumors that he's out and two other composers are in the running for the film.

Personally, I thought that Williams score was just awful for VII. I've watched it an additional five times since receiving the Blu Ray last week and for me, the score is completely forgettable.

It's time to pass the baton.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:12 PM 04-12-2016
From my understanding, Williams was only signed to do Episode VII.

It was announced early on that Desplait would be the composer for Rogue One but I've been hearing rumors that he's out and two other composers are in the running for the film.

Personally, I thought that Williams score was just awful for VII. I've watched it an additional five times since receiving the Blu Ray last week and for me, the score is completely forgettable.

It's time to pass the baton.
Your probably right. I remember it being fairly invisible outside of the main title theme.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:21 PM 04-12-2016
Who and who? Call Stewart Copeland and get back to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:31 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Who and who? Call Stewart Copeland and get back to me.
It will most likely be Brian Tyler, Thomas Newman, maybe John Ottman, who did a great job transitioning the original John Williams Superman score into Superman Returns or someone equally epic.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:35 PM 04-12-2016
It might be time for something new if Williams is mailing it in. Yeah, the score TFA was pretty weak.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:54 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
It might be time for something new if Williams is mailing it in. Yeah, the score TFA was pretty weak.
He's barely even writing anymore.

It's almost all Ghostwriters.

But hey, he's the most iconic film composer of the last 100 years and he's 83 to boot.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:21 AM 04-13-2016
He's barely even writing anymore.

It's almost all Ghostwriters.

But hey, he's the most iconic film composer of the last 100 years and he's 83 to boot.
He had a great run.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 70
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up