ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 240
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:14 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Will Andy ever learn from his mistakes? Seems a tad bit late to be doing that.
It's been 30 yrs.

I doubt he's suddenly going to decide to switch it up after all this time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:14 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Will Andy ever learn from his mistakes? Seems a tad bit late to be doing that.
No - we have to win blowouts or risk this stuff happening every time.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:16 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
How about well this is what I usually do, i'll just do the opposite next time. Can't be any worse.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:16 PM 11-10-2019
I mean who felt good when we got the ball at 1:34 or w/e left?

I knew we'd run it 3 times and they'd get the ball back - maybe down 8 pts. but plenty of time vs. our suddenly shitty again D.

I feel like we have a better chance to win the game if we're down 5 in that spot instead of up 5. Even with the ball on their 20.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:18 PM 11-10-2019

I knew we'd run it 3 times and they'd get the ball back - maybe down 8 pts. but plenty of time vs. our suddenly shitty again D.

I feel like we have a better chance to win the game if we're down 5 in that spot instead of up 5. Even with the ball on their 20.
That's exactly how I felt, but didn't think it would actually happen. I need to condition myself better and rethink everything I know about football in those situations with Andy coaching.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:18 PM 11-10-2019

The Chiefs had a 3rd-and-2, ball on Titans 24-yard line, 5-point lead, 1:42 left, Titans down to 1 TO. The Chiefs lost by 3.

— Gregg Rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) November 10, 2019

[Reply]
Three7s 04:18 PM 11-10-2019

I felt good after that pass to Hill. Then the next 15 plays happened.
[Reply]
FringeNC 04:18 PM 11-10-2019
Let's say you give a coach a choice:

On 4th and 1 - you could kick a 3pt FG which gives you an 80% chance to take an 8 pt. lead, and a 20% chance to give them the ball back at the 30 with a 5 pt lead.

OR on 4th and 1 - there's a special magical FG which gives you 4 points and effectively wins the game. What's more - you have a 90% chance of success and if you miss they get the ball back at the 23 with 5 pt. lead.

Every coach would take the magical field goal. And knowing this magical FG was available and gets more likely with every inch they get closer to a 1st down - you probably run it every time on 3rd and 2.

See where I'm going with this?

Yet coaches play for the unmagical FG - because points.
Of course this is correct. All the other criticisms of Reid are lame -- He called a great game with a less than 100% Mahomes and a beat-up line -- but this old school BS he did here was unforgivable. This is Vermeil 2.0 -- a great offensive coach who refuses to play the probabilities and be aggressive in these situations DESPITE having such a bad D that these decisions should be no-brainers.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:19 PM 11-10-2019
So long as we remember, in the playoffs a 4 TD lead STILL isn't a blowout yet.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:21 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
So long as we remember, in the playoffs a 4 TD lead STILL isn't a blowout yet.
Oh my god. You are correct.

He ran the ball 7 times in the 2nd half that game.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:43 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs completely dominated the Titans outside of two plays.

Please kill yourself.
I'm sure this post will prove to have aged normally in later posts when you explain how we won everything except the score.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:46 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
If the Chiefs win the SB with Reid as head coach, he'll be my favorite HC of all time.

I don't think he will win a SB.

Dude can't even beat the Titans. He's going to lose this game today, mostly because Pennel is inactive and Henry is warming up...
But he'll blame himself and hold nobody accountable... That's why players love him, no accountability on their part (from the coach)..

I'm b4, "there was that one time he benched that one dude..."
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:47 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I wouldn't even post in this thread before, but that idiot fuck's cutesy ass play calling on that 3rd and 2 play was inexcusable. Dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in football in my life.
Hey, it's OK, I'm sure he took responsibility. That makes it all OK...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:48 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Come fucking defend this guy somebody....

I FUCKING DARE YOU...
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:48 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
It’s time for Andy to go. He runs too loose of a ship. His teams are too undisciplined to win anything of substance
I'm not going to disagree with any of this...
[Reply]
Page 189 of 240
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239 > Last »
Up