ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs will receive a 3rd round pick if Bieniemy becomes a HC
BlackOp 11:46 PM 11-10-2020
Chiefs will receive a 3rd round comp pick if Bieniemy becomes a minority HC...

Pretty much every game the announcers state he wont be Chiefs OC for long...

Sweet deal...3rd round has been kind to KC.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:41 AM 11-11-2020
I would never interview with the Chargers, because I'd probably get injured.

That franchise is cursed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And those teams deserve to be shitty. Teams fuck up draft picks all the time. I’m not concerned if they get an extra 3rd round pick if I’m getting a good coach AND stealing someone from their staff.
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying some teams will do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think it'll matter to the bad teams, I doubt the Jets give a shit about it, but say the Chargers were interested in Bienemy that would probably be an issue, same division, think they're close.
Right.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:25 AM 11-11-2020
Mike Kafka might also bag us some picks in the future because just seeing a pic of his dad on his insta page and there's no doubt that man has some flavour going on right there :-) . I totally support this new policy and I think it could work in our favour moving forward so bring it on.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:30 AM 11-11-2020
Also, I think I'm reading this rule correctly, but it's only first time minority head coaches, right? If a team hires Todd Bowles, the Bucs don't get two 3rd round picks, correct?

And let's say Andy Reid retired after this season and the Chiefs promoted Bieniemy. Would we get draft picks?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:33 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think it'll matter to the bad teams, I doubt the Jets give a shit about it, but say the Chargers were interested in Bienemy that would probably be an issue, same division, think they're close.
Does anyone really want our coaches to go to division rivals? If this is what stops the chargers from going after EB (i doubt it would) then great. We don't want our rivals having inside knowledge. There's a reason why the Lions, Titans, Texans and Miami have beaten the Pats over the the last few years...all HC's who are former Pats coaches. I don't think it's a coincidence our defense shut them down last year after we got Daley either.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:56 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Also, Fuller’s comp pick is projected to be a 4th now, so in ‘21 we will have:

1st
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
4th
5th
5th
6th

This roster is going to be so nasty for as long as we have Veach.

They could add 2 more 3rd rounders if one of their front office guys gets a GM job.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:14 PM 11-11-2020
Also, Fuller’s comp pick is projected to be a 4th now, so in ‘21 we will have:

1st
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
4th
5th
5th
6th

This roster is going to be so nasty for as long as we have Veach.
They need to rebuild the interior of that offensive line with those 3rd and 4th rounders. Keep improving the defense with those higher round picks.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:14 PM 11-11-2020
EB, Kafka and Deland could grab us 3rd rounders for years...let's goooooooo
[Reply]
Dante84 02:32 PM 11-11-2020
Kafka is not a minority. Also, I feel like he’s our HCOTF when Reid retires. I think he’s just 33 right now.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:32 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They could add 2 more 3rd rounders if one of their front office guys gets a GM job.
Is the GM reward 2 picks in the same year, or spread out like the HC picks? I’m not sure we lose a front office guys this offseason, but hey, who knows?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:25 PM 11-11-2020
Kafka is not a minority. Also, I feel like he’s our HCOTF when Reid retires. I think he’s just 33 right now.
His dad is NOT white..therefore by definition he could qualify as a minority coach. And if Mike gets the oc job once EB leaves there's no way he's gonna be here for more than a year or two.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:28 PM 11-11-2020
That is so Kafkaesque
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:28 PM 11-11-2020
Andy needs to being in McNabb and Vick for coaching roles. Groom them up for picks !
[Reply]
sedated 03:50 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
The Chargers would probably throw in additional picks for Bieniemy's knowledge of Reid's offense alone. So there is no way the 3rd round comp picks would dissuade them.
If my math is right, Reid is 12-6 against his former assistant coaches. So if that has been a strategy, it hasn't really worked.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up