ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Finally officially house hunting!
luv 01:58 PM 04-19-2019
Lending secured. Just have to find a house. With our wants/needs in the price point we're in, they're going like hotcakes. Anyway, super excited, so I just had to share!

/Facebook Planet post

UPDATE: Closing on a home on June 10th!
[Reply]
God of Thunder 10:33 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It may be weird but it’s better than ****ing California.
hey now.
[Reply]
luv 07:08 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
Roll by the Wilson's Creek Battlefield. Eady drive & good speed limit. Just try to avoid Republic HS at bell time.
That's the way I'm planning on going. Should be easy peasy this summer, but I was worried about the RHS traffic once school started, as well. I absolutely hate Republic at rush hour, so I'll be avoiding it at all costs. Pretty much the same with Nixa, although I don't think it's quite as bad. I could take Cox Road south all the way to 14 if I needed to. A lot of stop signs that way, though. I'm sure we'll get it figured out and find our groove.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:55 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Well, we actually ended up in Clever. It will be a bit of a commute, but it had everything we were looking for. Nothing major came up during the inspection, but there was a small list of repairs we wanted made, and she agreed to do them. Appraisal came back good, so we're all set for closing on June 10th. Super excited!
Congratulations! Couple guys in our golf league live in Clever.
[Reply]
scho63 08:49 AM 05-14-2019
Population of 2,668 soon to be 2,671.

They still use horse and buggy there along with payphones?

Sounds like a town with only two traffic lights and one small market.
[Reply]
luv 09:03 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Population of 2,668 soon to be 2,671.

They still use horse and buggy there along with payphones?

Sounds like a town with only two traffic lights and one small market.
Yeah, it's tiny. I'm not sure if there's even a stop light. We're not far from the main 4-way stop, though. :-) There's a Casey's, a Kum-n-Go, a Murfin's Market, a Subway, a Family Pharmacy, an O'Reilly Auto Parts, a Lucky Panda, a Corner Cafe, a Dollar General, and a tiny public library that I've noticed so far. It does have it's own elementary, middle, and high school, though.

It's definitely going to be a change of pace from Springfield. I'm just learning that all of their utilities aren't covered by one place. Their CU includes water, sewer, and trash/recycling pickup, but there's a different company for electric, and yet another company for gas. I'm used to paying for everything together except for trash.
[Reply]
loochy 10:21 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
They still use horse and buggy there.
Probably. There are a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch in SW MO
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:24 AM 05-14-2019
hopefully you kept it all in your name as to avoid any future issues :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:28 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Probably. There are a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch in SW MO
Webster County. Not Stone.
[Reply]
11Chiefs 01:24 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Well, we actually ended up in Clever. It will be a bit of a commute, but it had everything we were looking for. Nothing major came up during the inspection, but there was a small list of repairs we wanted made, and she agreed to do them. Appraisal came back good, so we're all set for closing on June 10th. Super excited!
Grew up out on ZZ about 2 mile from 14. It's not that bad getting to Spfld. Since I lived out there Spfld has moved that way.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:32 PM 05-31-2019
Have lived in my house 3 years and found out recently that we had a leak due to a bad shower pan which has caused a little bit of mold. 5k for mold remediation and we are now getting quotes to redo our entire shower.

Sometimes I hate being a homeowner
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:26 PM 05-31-2019
Contact insurance company. i saw a claim just like this where hidden damage caused damage and they covered it, now loose tile causing damage is another story.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up