ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Finally officially house hunting!
luv 01:58 PM 04-19-2019
Lending secured. Just have to find a house. With our wants/needs in the price point we're in, they're going like hotcakes. Anyway, super excited, so I just had to share!

/Facebook Planet post

UPDATE: Closing on a home on June 10th!
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:07 PM 04-22-2019
Always ask if the house is in a lava flow zone. I saw this on a show about buying houses in Hawaii, but it seems like a good idea anywhere.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:15 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Always ask if the house is in a lava flow zone. I saw this on a show about buying houses in Hawaii, but it seems like a good idea anywhere.
SHIT I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING
[Reply]
tmax63 07:26 AM 04-23-2019
I have the "big 3" home, auto and life insurance. Since when did people get to the point where they need insurance to pay for anything else? I'm my own insurance company when it comes to that. Take the money you'd pay them and pay yourself. If you can't afford to buy a repair/replacement of something don't buy it. Pet health insurance, pleeeeaaaase. My pets are my family but if one of them gets sick/injured to the point of thousands of dollars then it's time to go to sleep, mourn and save another from the pound/adoption center. And trust me, Murphy is my bestest buddy.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:01 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I have the "big 3" home, auto and life insurance. Since when did people get to the point where they need insurance to pay for anything else? I'm my own insurance company when it comes to that. Take the money you'd pay them and pay yourself. If you can't afford to buy a repair/replacement of something don't buy it. Pet health insurance, pleeeeaaaase. My pets are my family but if one of them gets sick/injured to the point of thousands of dollars then it's time to go to sleep, mourn and save another from the pound/adoption center. And trust me, Murphy is my bestest buddy.
This exactly.

Perfect post. The other “insurances” are usually wasted money in most scenarios.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:20 AM 04-23-2019
[QUOTE=luv;14215231]Lending secured. Just have to find a house. With our wants/needs in the price point we're in, they're going like hotcakes. Anyway, super excited, so I just had to share!
/QUOTE]

What are you looking for? Price point? Willing to do the sweat equity? Where in SGF?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:08 PM 04-23-2019
1st time as a home buyer is a great time to prove your naive as **** to all the hawks that want your money.

Find your own FSBO and make a deal, call attorney/ title ins co, tell them to make it ready for closing. If you need money call Capitol Federal, if you need 2nd tier financing it's still easy. just more costly.

Done
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:34 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
No health insurance?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:27 PM 04-23-2019
If it were not for insurance costs, we could all live better lives...

Just the poor paying the rich so they won't become poor.

Must have

Auto Insurance
Homeowners/Renters Insurance
Umbrella Policy
Health Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Term Life Insurance
Long-Term Care Insurance
Identity Theft Protection

depending on/ should have
home warranty
flood
earthquake
GAP
sickness
injury
cancer
disability (long and short term) total
vision
Loss of Value Insurance
Body Part Insurance (think Tina's legs of Fabio's hair)
Change of Heart Clay will be buying this if it ever gets to that point
Multiple Birth Insurance
Kidnapping and Ransom Insurance

Where does the house/ car payment fall in???

Kidnapping and Ransom Insurance In case a group of key employees win the lotto and quit their jobs!!! No hit, it's a thing

Maybe are out there to buy
How is one to live a good life if the things that can hurt him most are not covered?/

Marriage insurance must be a loser.
sex on the third date insurance? not going to happen.
partner not faking orgasm coverage??? ya right
College acceptance insurance. It's a new thing.
Hair follicle retention insurance
bolt on/ face lift
Internet truth in context coverage
[Reply]
luv 03:55 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Oxford:
What are you looking for? Price point? Willing to do the sweat equity? Where in SGF?
Well, we actually ended up in Clever. It will be a bit of a commute, but it had everything we were looking for. Nothing major came up during the inspection, but there was a small list of repairs we wanted made, and she agreed to do them. Appraisal came back good, so we're all set for closing on June 10th. Super excited!
[Reply]
scho63 04:09 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Well, we actually ended up in Clever. It will be a bit of a commute, but it had everything we were looking for. Nothing major came up during the inspection, but there was a small list of repairs we wanted made, and she agreed to do them. Appraisal came back good, so we're all set for closing on June 10th. Super excited!
Congratulations and where the fuck is Clever??? :-)
[Reply]
chinaski 04:11 PM 05-13-2019
Congratulations on your new home!

Houses are a major pain in the ass, but at least it's yours. :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:15 PM 05-13-2019
There is no way to get to Springfield from there, at least in a straight line
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:08 PM 05-13-2019
It sounds like you're making a Clever move.
[Reply]
Oxford 07:19 PM 05-13-2019
Congratulations. Friend of mine has a daughter that teaches there. Don't get down that way much. Welcome to the money pit club :-)
[Reply]
Oxford 07:21 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Congratulations and where the **** is Clever??? :-)
People who live there ask that too! (I kid). South of Republic, MO and southwest of Springfield, MO.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up