ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 190
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:53 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It's embarrassing to compare the ultimate competitor like MJ to a guy that left the court with 5 minutes to go..Unacceptable by any player at any level..Totally quitter move but quitting on teams is kind of his track record.
“In terms of LeBron going in the back, LeBron had to start his treatment,” Vogel said after the game. “It doesn’t do any good for him to sit over there without getting worked on or beginning the treatment as soon as possible to help him get ready for Game 6.”

Player playing injured going to start treatment to get better prepared for the next game (the one that actually matters given the blowout that was occurring) seems like the opposite of quitting to me, but what I do know.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:04 AM 06-02-2021
Embiid always hurt

Sixers center Joel Embiid has a small meniscus tear in his right knee and will be day-to-day, team says. He's out for Game 5 tonight.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 2, 2021

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:05 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Embiid always hurt

That sucks. Appears Bucks-Nets is the real EC finals. Maybe even the real NBA finals.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 06-02-2021
It's embarrassing to compare the ultimate competitor like MJ to a guy that left the court with 5 minutes to go..Unacceptable by any player at any level..Totally quitter move but quitting on teams is kind of his track record.
I mean, he literally quit the game for 2 years?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:17 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
“In terms of LeBron going in the back, LeBron had to start his treatment,” Vogel said after the game. “It doesn’t do any good for him to sit over there without getting worked on or beginning the treatment as soon as possible to help him get ready for Game 6.”

Player playing injured going to start treatment to get better prepared for the next game (the one that actually matters given the blowout that was occurring) seems like the opposite of quitting to me, but what I do know.
Can you point to another example of it happening in the NBA? A guy plays all game and goes to the locker room early so he can get treatment 5-10 minutes sooner?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:19 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

JFC..stick to Covid..You are fairly intelligent in regards to that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:28 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ouch. Got him there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:29 AM 06-02-2021
Can you point to another example of it happening in the NBA? A guy plays all game and goes to the locker room early so he can get treatment 5-10 minutes sooner?
I mean, I've seen that kind of thing happen plenty of times before (players with injuries leaving early after having played to get treatment). I don't think it's all that unusual. It's only a "story" because it's LeBron and some people really hate the guy.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:39 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Embiid always hurt

He must train with Anthony Davis and the entire Celtics brokedick roster.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:41 AM 06-02-2021
JFC..stick to Covid..You are fairly intelligent in regards to that.
:-)

Weak, as usual
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:43 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
He must train with Anthony Davis and the entire Celtics brokedick roster.
:-)

NBA players were subjected to a fucked up season in 2020, played in the Bubble, barely had any time off to heal, only to return to another full season shortly after last season ended.

Injuries are going to happen with that kind of schedule. The human body can only take so much trauma without breaking down, which is why we've seen so many injuries this season.

I'm sure that most of these guys are hoping the Olympics are cancelled because I just don't see how they can compete in Japan, then turn around and begin another NBA season without any significant time off to allow their bodies to heal and rest.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:44 AM 06-02-2021
As much as I hate him Brady’s resume is as good or even better than MJ’s. The sustained success for 2 decades is crazy.

And the guy went on the road and beat 2 HOF QB’s then Mahomes for a SB in his first year on a losing team the previous year.

I get there’s more context but people won’t see that in 20 years. Only what’s on paper
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:52 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And the guy went on the road and beat 2 HOF QB’s then Mahomes for a SB in his first year on a losing team the previous year.
Stop. Brady sucked in the NFC Championship last year and then literally had to do nothing in the SB as he watched Mahomes' line repeatedly get destroyed (not to mention some of the most bullshit calls in the history of the SB helped paved the way for an unrecoverable two touchdown lead).

MJ could never play a series like Brady did in the NFC Championship and get away with it, nor was he carried to his titles by other players. They aren't remotely comparable.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As much as I hate him Brady’s resume is as good or even better than MJ’s. The sustained success for 2 decades is crazy.

I get there’s more context but people won’t see that in 20 years. Only what’s on paper
What Brady has done is unparalleled in NFL history and maybe all of sports history.

There's too much hatred towards him because of his sustained excellence but 25 or 30 years from now, he'll be looked upon as the greatest athlete to have ever played any type of professional sport, whether people will want to compare him to Muhammed Ali, Rocky Marciano and his 49-0 record, Roger Federer or Raphael Nadal, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan/Kobe Bryant or LeBron James.

20+ years of sustained excellence while moving to a completely new team, in a pandemic, only to win yet another Super Bowl at age 43 will never, ever be matched.

Tom Brady stands above them all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:55 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Stop. Brady sucked in the NFC Championship last year and then literally had to do nothing in the SB as he watched Mahomes' line repeatedly get destroyed (not to mention some of the most bullshit calls in the history of the SB helped paved the way for an unrecoverable two touchdown lead).

MJ could never play a series like Brady did in the NFC Championship and get away with it, nor was he carried to his titles by other players. They aren't remotely comparable.
Oh, come on.

Brady may have not played well in the NFC Championship game but that does not erase his accomplishment of 2020 in which he joined a brand new team, moved his family across the country, learned a brand new offense (during a pandemic!) while unable to participate in a normal offseason of OTA's and Minicamps, forcing him to develop team chemistry not in the offseason but throughout the regular season and playoffs.

What he accomplished is astonishing and unprecedented.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 190
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up