ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>John Dorsey's best/worst accomplishment.
Direckshun 02:21 PM 06-27-2017
I think the best thing John Dorsey did as GM was discovering Terrance Mitchell. That ability to find guys off the street and have them contribute was a very valuable skill.

I think finding Hill in the 5th round was a steal.

Bringing in Travis Kelce in the 3rd, an All Pro caliber tight end, is super impressive.

Kind of crazy to say this, but Eric Fisher turned out to be a pretty good pick considering the other reasonable options that were there in an absolutely garbage draft.

Drafting Pat Mahomes was a stroke of genius as well.

Dorsey's worst move was definitely drafting the corner in the 3rd round that we cut before the season started. That's virtually unheard of in the NFL, an absolutely bizarre move.

The Dwayne Bowe contract was hilariously terrible, maybe one of the worst contracts in Chiefs history.

Maclin as a cap casualty in his last week may turn out to be the worst move, but he was pretty lousy last year.

What am I forgetting, folks?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:49 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Trading down for Chris Jones was dumb as well. Gave up an extra year on a rookie deal. Dumb salary cap move.
He also drafted Chris Jones and got a rookie All-Pro special teamer with that extra pick who also has the potential to develop into a quality starter. Jones will probably get a long term deal before his contract is up anyways.

Holy shit you're ****ing retarded.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 02:51 PM 06-27-2017
Trading down for Chris Jones was dumb as well. Gave up an extra year on a rookie deal. Dumb salary cap move.
Who did we get with the picks (4th and 6th I believe) that were brought over from that trade as well?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:51 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Steron:
Bad - Hali contract **** up and Maclin cut via voice message.
Cutting Maclin was the right call but he should have informed Andy and discussed it first. Sounds like he didn't and that pissed if everyone.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:51 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
spending a 3rd on KeiVarie Russell, only to cut him because he sucked ass.
I still want to know the real story on that.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 02:52 PM 06-27-2017
Letting Kurt Coleman and David Irving go were bad ones imo
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:52 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I still want to know the real story on that.
He was suspended for a year at Notre Dame for academic fraud, then sucked ass in preseason for the Chiefs. Rumors were floated that he was a locker room headache as well.

I doubt that anything further is ever revealed.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:53 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Who did we get with the picks (4th and 6th I believe) that were brought over from that trade as well?
Eric Murray, an All-Pro special teamer as a rookie, was one I believe.

ChiefsCountry claims none Dorsey's drafts were great. He's a ****ing idiot.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:53 PM 06-27-2017
Best: Bringing Big Red a Sammich at the combine.
Worst: Voice mailing Maclin.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:53 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He also drafted Chris Jones and got a rookie All-Pro special teamer with that extra pick who also has the potential to develop into a quality starter.

Holy shit you're ****ing retarded.
It was dumb as hell of trade. You lost an extra control of a year on Chris Jones for doing it. Dumb as fuck you stupid homer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:54 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Eric Murray, an All-Pro special teamer as a rookie
Did I miss something? The guy is credited with 3 tackles last year.

:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:56 PM 06-27-2017
He was suspended for a year at Notre Dame for academic fraud, then sucked ass in preseason for the Chiefs. Rumors were floated that he was a locker room headache as well.

I doubt that anything further is ever revealed.
It seems like the local media people know the real story but haven't said anything. I figured eventually it would come out.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:56 PM 06-27-2017

That stupid homer doesn't even know the trade. It was Ehinger and DJ White.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:56 PM 06-27-2017

Yea I don't remember Murray being awarded an All-Pro award. The only rookie special teamer who was a all pro was Hill and that was as PR
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 06-27-2017
It was dumb as hell of trade. You lost an extra control of a year on Chris Jones for doing it. Dumb as fuck you stupid homer.
Dorsey was always more concerned with additional picks rather than first round control.

Time and time again, he locked up guys after their 3rd year in Fisher, Kelce and LDT and it's likely that was his plan with Jones.

It'll be interesting to see if that methodology and philosophy continues with a new GM.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 06-27-2017
It was dumb as hell of trade. You lost an extra control of a year on Chris Jones for doing it. Dumb as **** you stupid homer.
You're fucking retarded. Jones is a guy Dorsey would've gotten signed going into year 4 with his trajectory.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up