Page 210 of 449
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:04 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Having an elite corner to follow Brown could free up a safety to come into the box and bracket Edelman. He gave us a lot of problems last year.

Ramsey would be huge.
I swear if Fuller allows Edelman to make him his bitch again there will be problems
[Reply]
Mulliganman 08:09 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
More like "fire Veach" if this secondary costs us another year of prime Superbowl contention.
He pretty much has to get an elite corner. No one wants to get bent over on a deal, but we're going to have to have one if we want to have a shot against the Pats.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:09 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I get what you are saying but...

Aaron Rodgers - won 1 super bowl they thought the same thing.

You do whatever it takes to win it now then cut bait with what you have to going forward.
You bring up an interesting observation. What is the difference between New England and Greenbay and player decisions. I prefer more of the NE route as it is proven.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:10 AM 09-19-2019
I still think there is something to follow the money though, odds are still on KC to land him before trade deadline. If that changes after shefters news then ok but i think we are still the favorite right now so there's that. Also could be false news leaked to cool it off who knows but either way I am not expecting anything on this for awhile.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:12 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
He pretty much has to get an elite corner. No one wants to get bent over on a deal, but we're going to have to have one if we want to have a shot against the Pats.
This is just not true. An elite corner would improve our chances, but I like our chances even if we don’t. I definitely don’t want to over pay at the expense of future years. That model has proven to be ineffective.
[Reply]
TLO 08:13 AM 09-19-2019
Why is everyone so down this morning?
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:13 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You bring up an interesting observation. What is the difference between New England and Greenbay and player decisions. I prefer more of the NE route as it is proven.
I would agree with you on that but it remains to be seen if anyone can ever replicate what they have done. I don't think it is possible. Whatever it is QB and Coach combo, cheating, pact with the devil who knows but so far they have been the only team to have that type of dynasty so I think you have to not try to mimic the anomaly and try a more conventional method. To me that would be a combination of both.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:13 AM 09-19-2019
I get what you are saying but...

Aaron Rodgers - won 1 super bowl they thought the same thing.

You do whatever it takes to win it now then cut bait with what you have to going forward.
And what do you do if we get Ramsey and STILL lose to the Pats this year, then have to gut the team next year to stay under the cap?

Especially if Brady retires, we need to still be a top contender for the next 2-3 years.
[Reply]
kcclone 08:13 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:

Here’s the problem.... you either draft a corner that blows up and becomes elite, or you get bent over tasing for one. No one is giving you an elite corner unless they have huge character issues and the other team just wants to get out.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:13 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I swear if Fuller allows Edelman to make him his bitch again there will be problems
That was shitty game plan by Sutton, particularly in overtime.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:14 AM 09-19-2019
I still think there is something to follow the money though, odds are still on KC to land him before trade deadline. If that changes after shefters news then ok but i think we are still the favorite right now so there's that. Also could be false news leaked to cool it off who knows but either way I am not expecting anything on this for awhile.
I'm just worried about them winning a couple of games.

That front office might be on their last leg, and if they see a small glimmer of hope I get the feeling they may not trade Ramsey at all.

A lot can happen when your team starts winning.
[Reply]
Jerok 08:15 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
And what do you do if we get Ramsey and STILL lose to the Pats this year, then have to gut the team next year to stay under the cap?
We get 2 years of low cap, we can make Pat's cap super low, even Jones, so this year and next year are the wide open window. Then we have to get rid of a few guys, but hope the new CBA helps us.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:15 AM 09-19-2019
The NFC was tougher than the AFC, they drafted like shit and didn't use FA to improve the roster and they never fixed the defense while the offense got old.

Rodgers is still a great player but as he lost weapons that weren't replaced while he aged they got worse on offense.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:15 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Good point, its a risk but to me its a risk you take when your this close. Especially after last year when you were an average defense away from making it to the SB and probably winning it. I would equate it to doubling down on 11 in Black jack you just do it.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:16 AM 09-19-2019
This is just not true. An elite corner would improve our chances, but I like our chances even if we don’t. I definitely don’t want to over pay at the expense of future years. That model has proven to be ineffective.
It's like people think that Ramsey makes us a 100% lock for the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 210 of 449
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Up