ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 383
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
frankotank 11:37 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Help a non-beer expert out. So we had that Founders Rubaeus Nitro listed above and loved it.

Looked it up at total wine and found the beer but it doesn't say Nitro. Will this not be the same thing as we had if we buy it?

http://www.totalwine.com/beer/specia...8&igrules=true
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It's just a difference in how it's served. Nitro can provide a creamier, smoother mouthfeel. Same beer, same flavor, just a difference in mouthfeel than CO2.
Be prepared to not like it out of the bottle! :-)
I LOVE me some Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. outta the tap it's super great. out of a bottle it's total ASS.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:30 PM 03-27-2017
I was totally thinking of you which is why I didn't mention that I was able to grab 2 bottles of it.

:-)
Maaaan...I bet it was delicious, too. It's all good, man. Hope you enjoyed!
[Reply]
TimBone 12:32 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Went to Lost 40 Brewing in Little Rock AR last weekend.

They have a DIPA called Snakebite, great beer, best DIPA I have had in a long time.

Damn tasty.

They have a Baltic Porter thats pretty solid as well.

Timbone can you get that stuff in your neck of the woods?
I somehow missed this post before today. I've never seen Lost 40 down here in Louisiana. I jave been thinking of a detour through Little Rock on my next trip to KC, though. I definitely want to check them out.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:34 PM 03-27-2017
Being honest, I've only tried a few nitro beers. I don't know if I've just had bad examples, but they all taste kinda flat to me. Like the beer has sat out in the glass for a few hours, and then re-chilled. Not a fan.

Like I said, though, I may have had bad examples of them.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:12 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Maaaan...I bet it was delicious, too. It's all good, man. Hope you enjoyed!
I'll likely send the 2nd bottle to my brother. I can only drink so many 750ml bottles of beer. Hopefully he gets a canning line down the road for these. The good news is his beers will be brewed with much more regularity and in bigger batches now that he has his own spot. So they'll be around whenever you're back in the game.
[Reply]
Bewbies 02:55 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Being honest, I've only tried a few nitro beers. I don't know if I've just had bad examples, but they all taste kinda flat to me. Like the beer has sat out in the glass for a few hours, and then re-chilled. Not a fan.

Like I said, though, I may have had bad examples of them.
I've been drinking Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout lately, man it's delicious.

I ran a marathon last year and the idiots I ran with told me to drink Guinness afterwards because of the nitro being good for my broken body at that point or something.

Now I can't get enough, so tasty!
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:41 PM 03-27-2017
I don't normally drink on a Monday, but I'm in Michigan for work and stopped by the source for a 2017 KBS.

[Reply]
Shag 05:56 PM 03-27-2017
I don't normally drink on a Monday, but I'm in Michigan for work and stopped by the source for a 2017 KBS.

Nice! Love Founders - want to get to that brewery someday. KBS is delicious...
[Reply]
lewdog 06:14 PM 03-27-2017

Nice!

I am digging the shit out of their beers when I can find them here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:37 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Nice! Love Founders - want to get to that brewery someday. KBS is delicious...
It's really a beautiful space. It's mid 40s here but I wanted to hang on the patio because the entire block smells like grain and the brewing process. They have a really great setup.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:56 PM 03-27-2017

Good stuff. I like the 2017 better than the last few years which were damn good.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:12 AM 03-28-2017
http://thebradessexreport.blogspot.c...ights.html?m=0 I did a blog post on my trip to a micro brewery here in houston.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:39 PM 03-28-2017
Grace and Grit DIPA from Great Raft is legit AF!

Timbone, I can pick you up some Lost40 and send your way. I think I still have your addy. Anything specific you want?
[Reply]
TimBone 07:23 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Grace and Grit DIPA from Great Raft is legit AF!

Timbone, I can pick you up some Lost40 and send your way. I think I still have your addy. Anything specific you want?
Oh shit, Grace and Grit is in Arkansas, now? That's good shit. That's a really solid DIPA.

No need to worry about me for now. I'm on a beer haitus, trying to drop some weight. I'll be back on the beer scene soon, though.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:15 AM 03-29-2017
I was totally thinking of you which is why I didn't mention that I was able to grab 2 bottles of it.

:-)
Love, love, love Mikerphone. They're up and coming, big time. They came to Crane's festival last year in Raytown and killed it. Imperial Smells like Bean Spirit along with a couple of others. I'm pretty sure that I got too drunk to really care about checking beer into Untappd or actually pouring at the booth where I was supposed to be working.
[Reply]
Page 239 of 383
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Up