ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2005 of 4813
« First < 1005150519051955199520012002200320042005 200620072008200920152055210525053005 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:07 AM 09-06-2018
ESPN

Originally Posted by :
Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos

Sunday: 4:25 p.m. ET, Fox | Point spread: DEN by 3

The Broncos' pass rush and a few lingering questions about Seattle led two of the three insiders to pick Denver at home, while the third leaned toward the Seahawks on the thinking that Russell Wilson was on the verge of a big season.

"Denver has Von Miller and then they add [Bradley] Chubb to the rotation against those tackles, and then they are at home," an insider picking Denver said. "[Coach] Vance Joseph got it stabilized offensively, [offensive coordinator] Bill Musgrave will hand the ball off and do a couple things passing-game wise."

The other insider picking Denver saw some "strong" pass-rushers for Seattle but thought Frank Clark was the only one with the speed that the Seahawks' rotation possessed for years. The Seahawks are counting on Dion Jordan as a nickel rusher. Their once-dominant rotation appears diminished, which could make it tougher for Seattle to close out games -- a problem the team faced back in 2012, when its season ended with a shootout loss to Atlanta in the playoffs.

"If it's a pretty balanced, even game throughout, then I want Russell Wilson with the ball to pull the game out," the insider picking Seattle said. "Seattle is just interesting this year. How will the defense be? And then the consistency in the run game. If it gets the run game back, it can win its division."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...es-2018-season
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:20 AM 09-06-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
So, now you do care about what talking heads in the media say about KC... funny.
I'm trolling the other Donko fanboys with that...I doubt KC goes to the SB. I just thought it was funny that not a single mouthpiece picked Denver to even make the playoffs..

Mahomes would have to exceed even my lofty expectations for that to happen...and the NFL would have to stop calling game crushing penalties at crucial times on the Chiefs.

I'll believe the latter when I see it...

If the NFL thinks its in its best financial interests to have Mahomes succeed and be a star, much like Manning, they will make it happen. Is what it is..
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:30 AM 09-06-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm trolling the other Donko fanboys with that...I doubt KC goes to the SB. I just thought it was funny that not a single mouthpiece picked Denver to even make the playoffs..

Mahomes would have to exceed even my lofty expectations for that to happen...and the NFL would have to stop calling game crushing penalties at crucial times on the Chiefs.

I'll believe the latter when I see it...

If the NFL thinks its in its best financial interests to have Mahomes succeed and be a star, much like Manning, they will make it happen. Is what it is..
Oh ... I'm not suprised that few have projected Denver to do well. Again, I picked them to finish 3rd with 9 wins. Still holding on that one.
[Reply]
tooge 09:54 AM 09-06-2018
Interesting...

Found this, only shows data since 2003 though.

All games: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...nge=yearly_all
Denver ranks 3rd.

Home games only: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...nge=yearly_all
Denver ranks 1st.

Road games only: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...nge=yearly_all
Denver ranks 6th.

So, yeah of all the teams on the road since 2003, Denver boasts the 6th best winning percentage. That totally validates the notion that they historically kinda suck without the home field advantage.

You'll notice several of the same teams ranked in the top 10 of each link, but yeah --- there's that Denver thin air bias and overwhelming advantage.

Same # of home wins as NE and PIT is only 9 beind them.
I think you are missing the point. Yeah, NE and Pit have home win percent similar but slightly higher than Den. Difference is, and what the argument is, that Den did it with teams that aren't nearly as talented as NE and Pit. Den did it with guys likeCraig Morton, BUbby brister, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Diabetes boy, Tebow, etc. Not exactly a bunch of hall of famers there. So, the argument is that Denver gets wins at home with less talent due, in part, to the advantage the home players get from a physical standpoint, due to the high altitude.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:02 AM 09-06-2018
Originally Posted by tooge:
I think you are missing the point. Yeah, NE and Pit have home win percent similar but slightly higher than Den. Difference is, and what the argument is, that Den did it with teams that aren't nearly as talented as NE and Pit. Den did it with guys likeCraig Morton, BUbby brister, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Diabetes boy, Tebow, etc. Not exactly a bunch of hall of famers there. So, the argument is that Denver gets wins at home with less talent due, in part, to the advantage the home players get from a physical standpoint, due to the high altitude.
Oh, I get that... and I think once you peel out the Elway/Manning years, you look into the Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Orton, etc years and compare the Home vs Road records for those teams.

I think BlackOp started off with the recent commentary with 1971 as the starting point... is that because Denver was so terrible in the 60s that it doesn't matter? The elevation didn't change.
[Reply]
TEX 09-06-2018, 10:18 AM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: why bother?
BlackOp 01:01 PM 09-06-2018
Oh, I get that... and I think once you peel out the Elway/Manning years, you look into the Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Orton, etc years and compare the Home vs Road records for those teams.

I think BlackOp started off with the recent commentary with 1971 as the starting point... is that because Denver was so terrible in the 60s that it doesn't matter? The elevation didn't change.
I think the 0-48 stat probably started around the merger...I dont the have the time to calculate 50 years of the first four games of 4 teams...but 1971 seems to probably fit in that time frame.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:04 PM 09-06-2018

:-)
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:29 PM 09-06-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

Please, go lay some money on those predictions :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:20 PM 09-06-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

Let the predictions begin
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:12 PM 09-06-2018
Great predictions on that first game....dumbfuck
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:19 PM 09-06-2018
It’s predictions lol. Who gives a rats ass? KC always wins 9-11 games under Reid. Now he has a legit star QB prospect.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:33 PM 09-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Great predictions on that first game....dumb****
Yeah, they pretty much nailed it.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:37 PM 09-06-2018
I picked Atlanta. Silly me for thinking Matt Ryan would do well in the red zone
[Reply]
stevieray 11:39 PM 09-06-2018
once again, the donx get four of their first six at home.

same as it ever was.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:39 PM 09-06-2018
The analysts I talked to aren't picking Denver, they are picking thin air
[Reply]
Page 2005 of 4813
« First < 1005150519051955199520012002200320042005 200620072008200920152055210525053005 > Last »
Up