ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 47
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Small Business Owners...What are you doing to ride the storm out?
Trivers 09:25 AM 03-26-2020
How are you handling HR issues?

Are you applying for SBA loans?
There are several types of loans. And new info is appearing daily.

Capital up to $10MM.
Up to 30 years to repay. Some actually are forgivable.
3.75 to 4%

https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/sma...incthismorning

My world: Everyone at the software companies are working remotely. The chocolate factory shut down yesterday due to not be considered an essential business. The chocolate elve had already left due to health concerns. I handle all the commercial rentals myself so no impact:

I don't intend to lay-off anybody...if this stretches into June or July...then we may look at cutting salaries by 25 to 50%. With the $1,200 everyone is getting already from the gov, and the 4 month unemployment (+$600/week additional), if we have to do layoffs, then the Team will not be totally without funds.

What are you doing to ride the storm out?
[Reply]
Trivers 10:33 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i'll say that my application was turned in tuesday and it was approved and funded yesterday or actually late wednesday.
Congrats!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:34 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Congrats!!

We are getting funded on Monday....10 days to the day for small CU
I think that’s the limit. Banker told me he had to get this one and that one done because there is a time limit. I think he said 10 days. Don’t reschedule.
[Reply]
Trivers 11:58 AM 04-17-2020
Just finished listening to INC mag host a webinar with expects.

Summary:
If you don't have an SBA approval number, your PPP is dead until congress gets off their asses and funds hopefully next week.
SAME with EIDLs. Dead until new funding. Not expecting funding anytime soon. Low on the funding list.
[Reply]
blake5676 12:17 PM 04-17-2020
Just finished listening to INC mag host a webinar with expects.

Summary:
If you don't have an SBA approval number, your PPP is dead until congress gets off their asses and funds hopefully next week.
SAME with EIDLs. Dead until new funding. Not expecting funding anytime soon. Low on the funding list.
I'm confused on what an SBA approval number actually is? I've seen a couple people use that terminology.

Does it mean your bank has given you this approval number that your loan and documents were verified and money is on the way?

Or is it just a number that says we've received your application and you're now officially in our system?

I'm operating on the idea that for whatever reason, I'm not going to be receiving the money. I've had my documents turned in for 10 days since last communication. And that's fine...it sucks but won't break me. But clarity has been so lacking throughout the whole process I feel like I've wasted too much time worrying about it.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:17 PM 04-17-2020
Congrats!!

We are getting funded on Monday....10 days to the day for small CU
it's really amazing if you think about it....$349M earmarked in less that 2 weeks.....

I never thought it was enough to go around, but that's an amazing feat in two weeks.

I do hope they are able to get additional funding in.....lots of people left out in the cold, but at least kudos on getting what was available out there quickly....
[Reply]
Trivers 01:24 PM 04-17-2020
SBA will tell your bank that it is approved by the government and here is the SBA number.

Then the bank will tell you that since the gov is guaranteeing your loan, you are then approved by the bank.

thus, you need that SBA number. If your bank has not received one, then you are waiting for the next round of funding.
[Reply]
DomCasual 01:27 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
it's really amazing if you think about it....$349M earmarked in less that 2 weeks.....

I never thought it was enough to go around, but that's an amazing feat in two weeks.

I do hope they are able to get additional funding in.....lots of people left out in the cold, but at least kudos on getting what was available out there quickly....
Only, you need to change your M to a B. It's $349 billion.

I won't even go through the whole process we went through, trying to get a PPP loan. It's too frustrating. We FINALLY e-signed the final application at 11:55 PM Wednesday night (I applied within thirty minutes of it being announced). I woke up Thursday AM to the news that the fund had dried out.

I can't be mad at the SBA, who is in a really tough spot. I can be made at Congress for weaponizing the program, and at all the banks (including mine) who prioritized some businesses over others. It's despicable.

Hopefully, they turn back on the spigot for it next week.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:28 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by blake5676:
I'm confused on what an SBA approval number actually is? I've seen a couple people use that terminology.

Does it mean your bank has given you this approval number that your loan and documents were verified and money is on the way?

Or is it just a number that says we've received your application and you're now officially in our system?

I'm operating on the idea that for whatever reason, I'm not going to be receiving the money. I've had my documents turned in for 10 days since last communication. And that's fine...it sucks but won't break me. But clarity has been so lacking throughout the whole process I feel like I've wasted too much time worrying about it.
easiest way to think about it: The bank is simply an administrator of the program for the SBA:

applicant (you) applies to the bank,
bank tells you "OK, we have your application",
then bank has to feed your application to the SBA (after all the underwriting / certifications are vetted)......

So when you hear "SBA approval number", what that means is your application was pushed through the SBA, and the bank has received word from SBA that your loan will be funded. I'm not an expert on this, but I would think that this is also synonymous with "OK Bank, the SBA will back this loan....", and basically letting the bank finalize the transaction

Because of this, simply having bank confirmation of your application isn't enough. It's the SBA number you need....

Unfortunately, I think your assumption is correct in that, if you don't have the SBA approval number, that you will not receive funds...
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:28 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by DomCasual:

I won't even go through the whole process we went through, trying to get a PPP loan. It's too frustrating. We FINALLY e-signed the final application at 11:55 PM Wednesday night (I applied within thirty minutes of it being announced). I woke up Thursday AM to the news that the fund had dried out.

I can't be mad at the SBA, who is in a really tough spot. I can be made at Congress for weaponizing the program, and at all the banks (including mine) who prioritized some businesses over others. It's despicable.

lol...you are correct.....didn't add enough zeros to the end of it!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:31 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by DomCasual:

P.S. I think your assessment is spot on as well...not a smooth program, and banks doing what they wanted was a major player in that....
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:09 PM 04-17-2020
Finally got visual proof of the money in the bank. It's been there since yesterday, but wasn't visible online.
[Reply]
blake5676 02:31 PM 04-17-2020
Wanna hear a funny story?

A colleague of mine came by the office on Monday to get some work done. I asked him if he had applied, he didn't know what I was talking about but said he was going to look into it. He just popped back in 5 minutes ago and said he got his money already. Went to his old bank in Kearney after talking with me and applied through his old lender. Got the approval call back from his banker within 30 minutes and was funded this morning.

I want to shoot Bank of America hahahaha. I applied 9 days before him and haven't heard squat :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:51 PM 04-17-2020
Oh man Blake. I hope you get something going.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:52 PM 04-20-2020
Checking in on everyone. How are things going?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:01 PM 04-20-2020
We're still building. But only one crew on the inside .
And one crew on the outside. Which is our 4 man crew.
Usally a bee hive of activity. Not anymore.
Have to be honest. Its nice not tripping over extension cords.

You?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 47
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up