ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 458 of 3903
« First < 358408448454455456457458 4594604614624685085589581458 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:59 AM 03-19-2020
NEW YORK - New York has confirmed more than 4,000 coronavirus cases statewide, which Gov. Andrew Cuomo said was driven by a dramatic increase in testing. New York has cumulatively tested 22,000 people, including more than 7,500 in the past day.

“Why are you seeing the numbers go up?” Cuomo asked at a news conference Thursday morning. “Because you are taking more tests.”

The governor said 8,000 tests for the virus were performed in New York overnight and he expects the number of confirmed cases to go up exponentially.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I can't imagine they'd get to that point. We can't shut down the trucking industry, for example.
Like I said -- too many people are not considering the broad ramifications of what they are espousing.

Will these things continue to be strongly discouraged? Absolutely.

Will they be verboten? The procedures enacted and the precedents those establish would have permanent consequences that are just not being thought through.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
NEW YORK - New York has confirmed more than 4,000 coronavirus cases statewide, which Gov. Andrew Cuomo said was driven by a dramatic increase in testing. New York has cumulatively tested 22,000 people, including more than 7,500 in the past day.

“Why are you seeing the numbers go up?” Cuomo asked at a news conference Thursday morning. “Because you are taking more tests.”

The governor said 8,000 tests for the virus were performed in New York overnight and he expects the number of confirmed cases to go up exponentially.
Outstanding. These are necessary insights into what this thing is actually doing.

It's important that we don't go freaking out about this inevitable rise in the numbers. We're lifting the fog of war and with that may come a bit of a startle. Absorb it and move forward.
[Reply]
Donger 11:04 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Outstanding. These are necessary insights into what this thing is actually doing.

It's important that we don't go freaking out about this inevitable rise in the numbers. We're lifting the fog of war and with that may come a bit of a startle. Absorb it and move forward.
Yep. My take was just that they've seen an exponential number of confirmed cases, doesn't mean the new cases has jumped exponentially, if you know what I mean.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:05 AM 03-19-2020
Some may disagree with these numbers but that's your choice...

We are currently running at a 1.45ish% death rate which as sad as it is, is actually better than it was last week by a full 1% and is eeking downwards.

And just to clarify this is based on the total number of deaths divided by total cases, active and closed.

By contrast, using the same process, Italy is running at an 8.3% rate
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:12 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

We are currently running at a 1.45ish% death rate which as sad as it is, is actually better than it was last week by a full 1% and is eeking downwards.

And just to clarify this is based on the total number of deaths divided by total cases, active and closed.

It will continue to drop, and if US gets to sub 1% it will be a huge victory.
[Reply]
wazu 11:14 AM 03-19-2020
Looks like serious/critical cases in the U.S. have jumped to 64. That seems to me to be the most meaningful "current state" number.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:14 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I'd like to take this opportunity to say you're my favorite poster on CP, your football knowledge is beyond compare and, from what I understand you're quite handsome.
i'll vouch for this...

ok o how about those scripts?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:14 AM 03-19-2020
Wheres Dr. Fauci? Two days in a row he hasn't been at the press conference. The most knowledgeable person on the planet with infectious diseases isn't there. He's the only one not lying to us or giving us a bunch of BS. #wheresfauci
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

I'm also curious what the mortality timelines are.

Does it appear that the people who are popping positive then dying are dying within 72 hours or are they limping along for 6-8 days before dying?

If it's the former, the death rate is unlikely to spike in any meaningful way - they're already baked into the pie so to speak. If it's the latter, it'll probably continue to decline a bit as the denominator gets bigger before the deaths start to result, but then we'll see an inexorable climb towards those spooky 7-8% mortality rates that have people so fearful of the Italy situation.
[Reply]
Donger 11:18 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wheres Dr. Fauci? Two days in a row he hasn't been at the press conference. The most knowledgeable person on the planet with infectious diseases. He's the only one not lying to us or giving us a bunch of BS. #wheresfauci
What lies and BS?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:19 AM 03-19-2020
Howard County MD has a 5-year old one critical condition
[Reply]
petegz28 11:25 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm also curious what the mortality timelines are.

Does it appear that the people who are popping positive then dying are dying within 72 hours or are they limping along for 6-8 days before dying?

If it's the former, the death rate is unlikely to spike in any meaningful way - they're already baked into the pie so to speak. If it's the latter, it'll probably continue to decline a bit as the denominator gets bigger before the deaths start to result, but then we'll see an inexorable climb towards those spooky 7-8% mortality rates that have people so fearful of the Italy situation.
That's tough. On one hand we know the rate will drop simply because more cases will be identified. So the best we can do is just keep tracking both and hope the rate keeps going down.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:25 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wheres Dr. Fauci? Two days in a row he hasn't been at the press conference. The most knowledgeable person on the planet with infectious diseases isn't there. He's the only one not lying to us or giving us a bunch of BS. #wheresfauci
Dude. Are you just completely incapable of making a post in this thread that doesn't try to coyly allude to government failure? Get the fuck out of the thread if you can't help yourself.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:27 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Howard County MD has a 5-year old one critical condition
That's a sad situation there. Let's hope they pull through on that. Too young for this shit.
[Reply]
Page 458 of 3903
« First < 358408448454455456457458 4594604614624685085589581458 > Last »
Up