ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 408 of 3903
« First < 308358398404405406407408 4094104114124184585089081408 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:22 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Rumor going around if you make 65k or more wont get any help from government.
Is that individual or household?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:24 AM 03-18-2020
Theres some belief that the virus is evolving before it even gets to humans. That's uh very bad.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:24 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/nachristakis/sta...981002755?s=21

I do not think the CFR will be lower than 0.3% at the very lowest end, and I think many millions will be infected. Hence, there will be many deaths over the next year or two. Many of these deaths, alas, will occur in coming two months. 6/

— Nicholas A. Christakis (@NAChristakis) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:26 AM 03-18-2020

And here's what Hanwha's intrasquad game looked like today. pic.twitter.com/9DitLXaF4O

— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) March 17, 2020

Baseball and basketball returning to South Korea
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:34 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
When the entire economy is destroyed to supposedly combat a virus that will only infect a small % of Americans, and will only seriously sicken or kill an even smaller %, that is the ultimate definition of “extreme”.
You don't seem to either, understand or believe the information that is being presented if you truly believe your statement.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ARROW2 06:42 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You don't seem to either, understand or believe the information that is being presented if you truly believe your statement.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Just get your souls right.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:47 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Rumor going around if you make 65k or more wont get any help from government.
Seems like a well thought out response to bring us all together in solidarity to get through this.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:06 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Went to the store early hoping some stuff might be restocked. Not. Almost no ground beef, no chicken, very little bread. Pre-cooked sausages like hot dogs were gone. Still had plenty of steaks and pork chops, but they seemed really expensive. "Limit One" signs everywhere, although that may be a day late and a dollar short. Fresh produce fairly picked over, but not as bad as the others. And zero toilet paper - didn't need any, but I checked the aisle just to see.

Still plenty of canned goods, though, and dairy products. I guess that's good.

The store wasn't too crowded, but there were still a lot of people there for 6:00 a.m. on a Wednesday.

This shit is surreal.

At least gas is cheap. Even will all the Illinois taxes, it's only around $2.15. Of course that's not really a good thing.

:-)
Hopefully people will calm down and quit panic buying. Having to go to multiple stores for essentials this past week has been frustrating as well.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:14 AM 03-18-2020
@CodyKMBC: BREAKING: A rep from @ChildrensMercy confirms a patient seen at the Emergency Department at the Adele Hall Campus (on KC's Hospital Hill) has tested positive for COVID-19. More info coming. Stay tuned to @kmbc for the latest.

@CodyKMBC: The same rep says the patient is now "being self-quarantined at home." #developing
[Reply]
stumppy 07:16 AM 03-18-2020
Went to Walmart this morning and several things had been restocked. Not all, still no TP, soup, cereal, and chicken. Plenty of otc meds., all kinds of beef&pork, eggs, dairy, frozen foods.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:17 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Hopefully people will calm down and quit panic buying. Having to go to multiple stores for essentials this past week has been frustrating as well.
Very much this. We've tried to stay in as much as possible but when I have to go to the store 3 days in a row because they're out of shit kind of defeats the purpose
[Reply]
wazu 07:19 AM 03-18-2020
I don't think it's panic buying anymore. If it were then I'd expect to see canned goods off the shelves, not perishables. This whole thing has to be resulting in an enormous amount of overall consumption that didn't exist a few weeks ago. The exception probably being toilet paper, but even that you've got a ton more people staying at home all day.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:29 AM 03-18-2020
Just got back from walmart. No bread ,no eggs no milk. LOL And no TP.

I bought the last 20 lb bag of rice. Just because. Oh and some theraflu.

They had plenty of beer though. We can survive.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:32 AM 03-18-2020
@CodyKMBC: BREAKING: A rep from @ChildrensMercy confirms a patient seen at the Emergency Department at the Adele Hall Campus (on KC's Hospital Hill) has tested positive for COVID-19. More info coming. Stay tuned to @kmbc for the latest.

@CodyKMBC: The same rep says the patient is now "being self-quarantined at home." #developing
@TVnewsSyKnese: Children’s Mercy is now implementing full visitor restrictions. That means:

-No visitors, including sibling visitors
-Parents/guardians are not considered visitors
-Parents/guardians must be free of respiratory symptoms and fever to be in the hospital https://twitter.com/ChildrensMercy/s...61913361240068

@ChildrensMercy: A patient seen in our Emergency Department at Adele Hall Campus on March 15, tested positive for #COVID19 and is being self-quarantined at home. Learn what we are doing to protect our patients, families and staff from the spread of the disease.
https://loom.ly/fW7R7Qo https://twitter.com/ChildrensMercy/s...240068/photo/1
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:34 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I don't think it's panic buying anymore. If it were then I'd expect to see canned goods off the shelves, not perishables. This whole thing has to be resulting in an enormous amount of overall consumption that didn't exist a few weeks ago. The exception probably being toilet paper, but even that you've got a ton more people staying at home all day.
If it isn't that now then hopefully the stores get time to stock up more items. I can see people buying more than normal trying to avoid going on weekly grocery runs too.
[Reply]
Page 408 of 3903
« First < 308358398404405406407408 4094104114124184585089081408 > Last »
Up