ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 71
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:12 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Captain America Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie. I liked the first GotG better than the 2nd one but both would definitely be in the top 10 for me. Thor: Love and Thunder would be at negative a billion.

I still haven't seen Shang-Chi, Eternals, Ant-Man and the Wasp or Black Widow.
It really surprised me because I was just watching it because it was new on Disney+, but I really enjoyed Shang-Chi.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:37 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
It really surprised me because I was just watching it because it was new on Disney+, but I really enjoyed Shang-Chi.
Yeah, Shang-Chi is pretty damn good. One of the better more recent movies. A lot of the shit recently has been horrible.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:48 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yeah, Shang-Chi is pretty damn good. One of the better more recent movies. A lot of the shit recently has been horrible.
"Aqua-fina" broad was a useless character and should've been killed. All the other female characters were awesome.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:55 PM 12-09-2022
Captain America Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie. I liked the first GotG better than the 2nd one but both would definitely be in the top 10 for me. Thor: Love and Thunder would be at negative a billion.

Prepare to be bored to death by Eternals. I spent more time on my phone than I did actually watching the movie.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:32 AM 12-13-2022

Black Widow is a good story with very good acting. Some fun fight scenes.

Eternals is an absolutely bananas plot with okay writing and varied acting. At least one top-tier fight scene -- it's fantastic. You'll know it when you see it.

Shang-Chi and Ant Man 2 have their moments but the writing is just up and down across the board. Shang-Chi does have a fantastic fight scene.

Ant Man 2:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Direckshun 10:35 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
"Aqua-fina" broad was a useless character and should've been killed. All the other female characters were awesome.
Or she could have been fleshed out more, right?

There's a reason the "best friend" role exists -- they provide context and levity and all the things the main character can't do.

She could do a lot of that if they had built her a bit more. The writing of the movie was insanely interested in Ta Lo and the Mandorin and the legend of the Ten Rings. Which, fine. Then just excise the character you're not interested in.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:45 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
Prepare to be bored to death by Eternals. I spent more time on my phone than I did actually watching the movie.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:47 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Or she could have been fleshed out more, right?

There's a reason the "best friend" role exists -- they provide context and levity and all the things the main character can't do.

She could do a lot of that if they had built her a bit more. The writing of the movie was insanely interested in Ta Lo and the Mandorin and the legend of the Ten Rings. Which, fine. Then just excise the character you're not interested in.
I mean they pretty much took Iron Fist's origin and grafted it onto Shang-Chi. Marvel turned into what should of been their version of The Raid into another boring cgi fest.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:49 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Spoiler!
This website has some ideas, some I like more than others, about how they'd fix the Eternals.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/how-to-fix-eternals/
[Reply]
Bowser 09:09 PM 12-19-2022
A little pre-Phase 5 WatchMojo fluff

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:37 PM 01-10-2023

RUMOR: Adam Driver is reportedly #MarvelStudios' top choice to play the #FantasticFour's Reed Richards! Full details: https://t.co/W0Qnanh7g2 pic.twitter.com/DlcSJYGkHB

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) January 9, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 07:17 PM 01-10-2023
I won't lie, I was kind of hoping for John Krasinski and Emily Blunt to play Reed and Susan Richards. They just feel like naturals for those roles.

Unless of course they're going to do some semblance of the Council of Reeds, but that may be WAY too advanced for Phase 5.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:37 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Why?
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:15 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I won't lie, I was kind of hoping for John Krasinski and Emily Blunt to play Reed and Susan Richards. They just feel like naturals for those roles.

Unless of course they're going to do some semblance of the Council of Reeds, but that may be WAY too advanced for Phase 5.
That would have been killer casting.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:24 PM 01-11-2023
Krasinski has been a fan favorite for it; Driver is a decent consolation prize.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 71
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up