ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 80
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:07 PM 09-11-2021
I give Mizzou credit....this game was closer than I thought it would be.

But it is evident that the defense has a ways to go.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:11 PM 09-11-2021
Need better players on D. Coaching can only do so much.

Can’t wait for the next couple recruiting classes to get here . . . . .
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 09:54 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Dude...you are taking things too personally tonight. You might want to take a melatonin and come back later.

And your attacks on George are silly.
George hides behind a weekly column on a message board (that’s he’s giving up). What real life street cred should I give him?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:08 PM 09-11-2021
I just had a swing of emotions that I’m too used to having.

I will say that I have to give credit to Mizzou for taking it to the wire. The game shouldn’t have been that close given the talent Kentucky has and what Mizzou lost defensively. Mizzou cut through the defense with ease and had 2 takeaways along with the blocked FG.

Good game.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:11 PM 09-11-2021
We are who we thought we were.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:56 PM 09-11-2021
Guys, the talent on D and on the OL is not where it needs to be. And that isn’t on Drinkwitz.

Nick Bolton, Tyree Gillespie, and Joshua Bledsoe covered up a lot of defensive issues last year. They’re all gone.

The DL is really weak on the ends/edges. Talent is coming, but it has to mature. Win 7 games. Step forward. That’s the key this year. Keep recruiting and building.

Mizzou punched above its weight tonight. It didn’t quit. I think Kentucky closes the year as a top 20/25 team. No shame in losing that game to them on the road.

Beat BC in two weeks. Win your other noncon games. Beat South Carolina, Tennessee, and Vandy. Get one vs Arkansas.

That gets you to 8-4 and .500 in the SEC. respectable and arrow pointed up. Even 7-5 is workable.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:24 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I just had a swing of emotions that I’m too used to having.

I will say that I have to give credit to Mizzou for taking it to the wire. The game shouldn’t have been that close given the talent Kentucky has and what Mizzou lost defensively. Mizzou cut through the defense with ease and had 2 takeaways along with the blocked FG.

Good game.
Kentucky just isn't that good of a team.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:40 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Kentucky just isn't that good of a team.
That’s not an accurate statement, but OK.

Literally don’t know more what the OL has to do show that it’s dominant along with Wandale and Rodriguez (he still had over 200 yards rushing) being good players.

Allredge had no TFLs or sacks.

Front 7 didn’t look good vs Mizzou.

They literally won 6 games with a WR playing QB including a bowl game.

There’s not much left to prove talent wise.

Alldredge had no TFLs or sacks.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:38 AM 09-12-2021
That’s not an accurate statement, but OK.

Literally don’t know more what the OL has to do show that it’s dominant along with Wandale and Rodriguez (he still had over 200 yards rushing) being good players.

Allredge had no TFLs or sacks.

Front 7 didn’t look good vs Mizzou.

They literally won 6 games with a WR playing QB including a bowl game.

There’s not much left to prove talent wise.

Alldredge had no TFLs or sacks.
That's the thing. Missouri has a talent deficiency and nearly drove it into Kentucky's ass in Lexington.

Missouri will be going balls deep, sans lube, in a year or two when the Drinkster has his roster set.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:39 AM 09-12-2021
Stoops has done a great job and in his 9th year as head coach didnt have great results til about 3 years ago. For those wanting to shit on Drink that's probably where you're at the man deserves nothing but time before MU is a really solid program. Has some great talent coming in give it 2-3 years to develope it.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:42 AM 09-12-2021
That was a weird ass game. They lost but they have the requisite moxie. Honestly not sure what to think about the QB.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:43 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Stoops has done a great job and in his 9th year as head coach didnt have great results til about 3 years ago. For those wanting to shit on Drink that's probably where you're at the man deserves nothing but time before MU is a really solid program. Has some great talent coming in give it 2-3 years to develope it.
It's been the same one or two people that shit on everything.

The ceiling is higher in Columbia than it is in Lexington. They beat Stoops last year and near doubled down last night and dipshit Barry really left the cupboards bare outside of a few guys.

Missouri will be in the mix for the SECCG again in a few years.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:49 AM 09-12-2021
That's the thing. Missouri has a talent deficiency and nearly drove it into Kentucky's ass in Lexington.

Missouri will be going balls deep, sans lube, in a year or two when the Drinkster has his roster set.

Florida St. has more talent than Jacksonville St. and lost.

Alabama beat Florida beat by a TD last season. Do you really think Florida’s talent is close to Alabama’s? Tennessee beat Mizzou last season. Do you think Tennessee had more talent than Mizzou?

Yes, Mizzou played Kentucky closer than I thought. But that’s it. They still lost.

Citadel was tied with Alabama for a half-does that mean much?

I believe Drinkwitz/Mizzou will be fine long term, but Stoops/Kentucky should be(and was tonight) the better team given that Stoops has been in Lexington for 9.

It's been the same one or two people that shit on everything

The ceiling is higher in Columbia than it is in Lexington. They beat Stoops last year and near doubled down last night and dipshit Barry really left the cupboards bare outside of a few guys.

Missouri will be in the mix for the SECCG again in a few years.
The ceiling is higher in CoMo given KC/STL/East STL for recruiting, yes. But amenities for UK are on par with just about any of the best in the country.

Kentucky has won 6 of 7 vs Mizzou. The idea that there isn’t much of a gap in terms of talent/coaching says otherwise with the results. Yes, they have played UK close. But if there wasn’t a gap, they would have won more than 1 game vs them since 2015

They literally beat Mizzou with a freaking WR(!) at QB.

Also, Drink’s situation was not nearly as bad as you make it to be. Barry do didn’t great recruiting wise and almost seriously ****ed up the QB room if he hadn’t gotten Bazelak/Bryant in 2019. He also inherited a team that won 6 or more games 3 years in a row.

Stoops inherited a team that went 5-7 and 2-10 immediately before his arrival

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That’s what I’m trying to get at-Stoops has done a remarkable job and the recruiting continues to improve.

Drink inherited a much better situation and has more advantages recruiting wise than UK does(better in-state talent). His teams should continue to improve in Columbia.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:59 AM 09-12-2021
Florida St. has more talent than Jacksonville St. and lost.

Alabama beat Florida beat by a TD last season. Do you really think Florida’s talent is close to Alabama’s? Tennessee beat Mizzou last season. Do you think Tennessee had more talent than Mizzou?

Yes, Mizzou played Kentucky closer than I thought. But that’s it. They still lost.

Citadel was tied with Alabama for a half-does that mean much?

I believe Drinkwitz/Mizzou will be fine long term, but Stoops/Kentucky should be(and was tonight) the better team given that Stoops has been in Lexington for 9 years.
You're trying your hardest to do an apples and apples comparison and it just doesn't work. But to play along, Tennessee absolutely had more talent on its roster than Missouri. They somehow defied odds and pulled in good'ish classes. Trying to compare this game to Bama.at a is just dumb.

This is Kentucky's year and they just barely squeaked by a rebuilding program that's breaking in a new DC and concepts. At home.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:03 AM 09-12-2021
You're trying your hardest to do an apples and apples comparison and it just doesn't work. But to play along, Tennessee absolutely had more talent on its roster than Missouri. They somehow defied odds and pulled in good'ish classes. Trying to compare this game to Bama.at a is just dumb.

This is Kentucky's year and they just barely squeaked by a rebuilding program that's breaking in a new DC and concepts. At home.
Kentucky is also breaking a new OC that is dramatically different from anything Stoops has had as well as a new QB.

I’m happy with the result and not the execution. They can’t win if they turnover the ball like they did.

They let a team that isn’t as good as them hang-in(who played very well to be in that position). It’s a learning opportunity from a win for Kentucky. If they do that same shit against Florida or LSU, they will lose.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 80
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up