ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3441 of 3903
« First < 2441294133413391343134373438343934403441 3442344334443445345134913541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:27 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, yeah mass gatherings are still not a great idea. Surely we all agree on that?
With a caveat that I have trouble caring about anything outside no matter the size.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
With a caveat that I have trouble caring about anything outside no matter the size.
Yeah any outside event is ok. Just don’t stand right on top of people for hours and outside is perfectly fine
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 PM 02-17-2021
But I do think with the downward slope going as it is, you just try to hold tight for another couple weeks atleast. Maybe a month. The lower you can get cases the better with the potential antigenic drift implications.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:06 AM 02-18-2021
But I do think with the downward slope going as it is, you just try to hold tight for another couple weeks atleast. Maybe a month. The lower you can get cases the better with the potential antigenic drift implications.
Current trend shows we are about 25 days away form being at April 2020 levels in new cases with deaths following the trend but a few weeks behind.

It appears that by late spring we shouldn't have any restrictions but I'm guessing that wont happen because people hate giving up power.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:18 AM 02-18-2021
There is no evidence that the NPI's are having any major effect at this point.

The strict lockdown in the UK🇬🇧 was so effective that it stopped the spread of Covid in Sweden🇸🇪 as well 💪 pic.twitter.com/M12KVBibw5

— Dr. Eli David (@DrEliDavid) February 17, 2021

[Reply]
R Clark 09:29 AM 02-18-2021
I am more than ready to get back to normal and this thing has not had much affect on me.but at this point we need to hold fast as to not lose the ground we’ve gained .
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:32 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I am more than ready to get back to normal and this thing has not had much affect on me.but at this point we need to hold fast as to not lose the ground we’ve gained .
What we did had very little effect on what we are seeing now. The nose dive the last few months is because the damn thing is running out of people to infect. Nobody's behavior has changed all of a sudden.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:35 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
What we did had very little effect on what we are seeing now. The nose dive the last few months is because the damn thing is running out of people to infect. Nobody's behavior has changed all of a sudden.
So do you suppose we’ve reach herd immunity?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:40 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
So do you suppose we’ve reach herd immunity?
Not yet, but close. I read they used another term for it. Group immunity or something like that. Basically the stage before herd immunity.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:42 AM 02-18-2021
There has been literally zero change in behavior here locally in the last 3 or 4 months but the numbers have fallen like a rock in the last month or so after a big spike in December.

I have no idea what you would attribute it to aside from the virus running its course.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:50 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There has been literally zero change in behavior here locally in the last 3 or 4 months but the numbers have fallen like a rock in the last month or so after a big spike in December.

I have no idea what you would attribute it to aside from the virus running its course.
Agreed. The "we are doing a better job of wearing mask and social distancing" is bullshit to anybody with common sense that leaves the house. Especially given the winter months we are in. People get so invested in a narrative they have trouble using logic. You don't go from 90 hospitalized to 3 in a few months because of a better job of mask wearing and social distancing :-) They just need to be happy it looks like we are at the final stretch of this shit hole.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:55 AM 02-18-2021
Agreed. The "we are doing a better job of wearing mask and social distancing" is bullshit to anybody with common sense that leaves the house. Especially given the winter months we are in. People get so invested in a narrative they have trouble using logic. You don't go from 90 hospitalized to 3 in a few months because of a better job of mask wearing and social distancing :-) They just need to be happy it looks like we are at the final stretch of this shit hole.
I've believed for a while now that the timing of the vaccine would coincide with the virus running its course and it would muddy the waters so to speak on how we got truly got out of this mess when we finally do.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:59 AM 02-18-2021
I've believed for a while now that the timing of the vaccine would coincide with the virus running its course and it would muddy the waters so to speak on how we got truly got out of this mess when we finally do.
I think I posted the same thing around Oct/Nov. If you did he math back then based on confirmed infections and how many the CDC estimated were missed you could tell around March we would be close to herd immunity depending on the exact number HI is for this.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 02-18-2021
Current trend shows we are about 25 days away form being at April 2020 levels in new cases with deaths following the trend but a few weeks behind.

It appears that by late spring we shouldn't have any restrictions but I'm guessing that wont happen because people hate giving up power.
The more infections, the more chances for a mutation that would be a bitch to deal with.

With what we're doing now, it's going down quick. Another couple weeks we should be able to roll everything back.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 02-18-2021
I think I posted the same thing around Oct/Nov. If you did he math back then based on confirmed infections and how many the CDC estimated were missed you could tell around March we would be close to herd immunity depending on the exact number HI is for this.
There isn't a magic "HI number" that things hit and then fall off immediately. Always have overshot.

I'd imagine it's a combination of everything causing this downfall. Immunity, seasonality, vaccinations etc.
[Reply]
Page 3441 of 3903
« First < 2441294133413391343134373438343934403441 3442344334443445345134913541 > Last »
Up