ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3440 of 3903
« First < 2440294033403390343034363437343834393440 3441344234433444345034903540 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
At least do something. Lay out a plan and show people the light at the end. The moral and mental health of our society is in the toilet.
I’m curious in your area what is still restricted?

Here it’s basically back to normal but with mask wearing?
[Reply]
sedated 10:12 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

I know restaurants in KC are still at limited capacity. I've also been told at a couple of places that customers cannot stand - unless going to the restroom everyone had to be in a seat.

I'm pretty sure they are getting checked on this too, because I'll go to a place one week and everything looks normal (and busy), then a week later they will have fresh signs up about restrictions and the employees will be strict about it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:14 AM 02-17-2021

Mostly mask mandates and limited attendance to things like basketball games. Obviously no organized social gatherings, concerts and such. You know, fun things. Hopefully the kids get the eggs hunts for Easter this year.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:19 AM 02-17-2021

Think back a year & half ago, remember your day to day life back then? That's what we all want to get back to.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:03 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There will always be those on Team Bedwetter.

It comes down to

1. The vaccines work. Then we should move on with our lives.

2. The vaccines don't work. At this point, we would have to learn to live with the virus.

Our society is not designed to be locked down for years. Humans evolved as a highly social, cooperative species. There will be greater damage to ourselves than a mere virus if we do not resume normal life soon.
There is truth in here but you are not considering the millions of people that cannot take the vaccine. You are not considering the millions that will not for various understandable reasons.
Where I live we can do almost whatever we want in smaller than normal amounts of people. That should not be that hard to work within.
[Reply]
loochy 11:05 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Think back a year & half ago, remember your day to day life back then? That's what we all want to get back to.

Well, it's the same for me:

Eat.

Take kid to school.

Eat.

Work at home.

Eat.

Get kid from school.

Workout.

Eat.

Sleep.

Repeat.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:17 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well, it's the same for me:

Eat.

Take kid to school.

Eat.

Work at home.

Eat.

Get kid from school.

Workout.

Eat.

Sleep.

Repeat.
No concerts? No tail gating? No local sporting events? Mask free days at an outdoor amusement park? Mask free vacation?
[Reply]
loochy 11:35 AM 02-17-2021
No concerts?

I'm not a music guy, so I don't care. Music kinda sucks.

No tail gating?
No. We're super busy with work and a 5 year old, so we don't get to do that. We do kid things, work out, and sleep.

No local sporting events?
Kids soccer leagues are up and running. We take our son to tennis lessons every Wednesday too.

Mask free days at an outdoor amusement park?
We don't really go to amusement parks - it's not really fun for any of us. We go to the Zoo though. We go to the local park all the time and play...MASKLESS! :-)

Mask free vacation?
We did miss vacation last summer, but this year should be good to go.

The only difference is we have to wear masks when we are indoors in public places....not much of a big deal, really.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:37 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm not a music guy, so I don't care.

No. We're super busy with work and a 5 year old, so we don't get to do that.

Kids soccer leagues are up and running. We take our son to tennis lessons every Wednesday too.

We don't really go to amusement parks - it's not really fun for any of us. We go to the Zoo though. We did miss vacation last summer, but this year should be good to go.

The only difference is we have to wear masks when we are indoors in public places....not much of a big deal, really.
Gotcha..He is at a young enough age to not really have been impacted the way the older ones have been. Lucky kid.
[Reply]
loochy 11:39 AM 02-17-2021
Gotcha..He is at a young enough age to not really have been impacted the way the older ones have been. Lucky kid.

and his school has been open the whole time....he started kindergarten in august and they haven't missed a day. He does have to wear a mask at school when he's up and moving, but he can take it off when he's at his seat behind the plexiglass. They've had minimal cases at his school and no large events that caused entire classes to quarantine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 02-17-2021
I'm a music guy and love to go to concerts but I also support a lot of bands through viral marketing and stuff (friends with a couple of small labels too).

The real shame here isn't me not being able to go to concerts, it's that COVID has destroyed small venues and the bands that play them.

Like most other professions, it's the little guys that bore the brunt of it and some of them will never recover.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:50 AM 02-17-2021
And let's be real here. This impacts extroverts differently then a lot of the mother fuckers like Pete and Donger that never leave the computer chair in their moms basement.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:27 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There is truth in here but you are not considering the millions of people that cannot take the vaccine. You are not considering the millions that will not for various understandable reasons.
Where I live we can do almost whatever we want in smaller than normal amounts of people. That should not be that hard to work within.
Where do you live Chief?

I am in New York and many schools still not all open for in person education.

Many restaurants are still closed because of the constant open/close mandates from the government.

Those that are open are at reduced capacity and we have changing curfews.

Weddings are on hold.

Concerts, live music, sports, travel and nightlife are dead.

The percentage of the population that is truly vulnerable (kids are safer from this than the flu) is small and the people in that population who can't take the vaccine is smaller than that.

We have disrupted the majority population to protect the smaller subset that was vulnerable for almost a year now. You can't ask everyone to continue to not live their lives for that small group of people you are referring to. We have spent trillions of dollars and cratered our entire economy for a few people. That's admirable but it can't go on forever.

The burden for protection will have to fall on individuals and their families. Let's say you have someone that is 75 years old with multiple pre-existing conditions that can't take the vaccine because they have allergic reactions. That sucks for them but you can't ask our entire population to stop their lives further for such people.

Hopefully, the government will provide resources to protect the vulnerable but we must go on.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:37 PM 02-17-2021
Northern Arkansas

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 PM 02-17-2021
Mostly mask mandates and limited attendance to things like basketball games. Obviously no organized social gatherings, concerts and such. You know, fun things. Hopefully the kids get the eggs hunts for Easter this year.
Ok, yeah mass gatherings are still not a great idea. Surely we all agree on that?
[Reply]
Page 3440 of 3903
« First < 2440294033403390343034363437343834393440 3441344234433444345034903540 > Last »
Up