ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3428 of 3903
« First < 2428292833283378341834243425342634273428 3429343034313432343834783528 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 08:21 AM 02-01-2021
Michael Olsterholm needs to take a Xanax
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Michael Olsterholm needs to take a Xanax
He's a very intelligent dude, but man, come on. He likes the spotlight.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:54 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So hospitalizations and cases here are still plummeting which is great. But why? Is it just a saturation thing? Have enough people got it and died or recovered where hitting some kind of immunity?
I don't know if it covers everything, but I have seen almost no one in January compared to quite a few family members over the holidays. That's probably a minor factor at least.
[Reply]
TLO 09:15 AM 02-01-2021
I dunno. I can't imagine they've had enough out there to make a difference yet?

MO has only got about 5% of it's total population vaccinated. But I guess, you add the amount who have actually gotten covid maybe to that and were close to something?
Vaccinations are probably making a difference, just on a very small scale. We were seeing numbers dropping around Missouri before vaccines started going into arms.

I'm optimistic that the vaccines we are doing today will prevent a rebound in the numbers tomorrow.
[Reply]
TLO 09:15 AM 02-01-2021
He's a very intelligent dude, but man, come on. He likes the spotlight.
CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE IS COMING
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't know if it covers everything, but I have seen almost no one in January compared to quite a few family members over the holidays. That's probably a minor factor at least.
The lag time would make some sense, but it was dropping then too. I dunno, something is happening.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:36 AM 02-01-2021
The lag time would make some sense, but it was dropping then too. I dunno, something is happening.
Banning Pete and Donger from the thread seems to have triggered something for sure.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:41 AM 02-01-2021
We are at the lowest numbers we have had since spring here at work, down to 1 active case and just a few quarantined. With over 800 people in our facility its not a small sample size.

Very few people here have had the vaccine and I can assure you it has nothing to do with people isolating more than usual in their social life from what I can tell.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 02-01-2021
I would entertain the idea that the people most likely to be spreaders have had it and recovered (or died) and we're at the point that the hosts just aren't there anymore.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:10 AM 02-01-2021
I would entertain the idea that the people most likely to be spreaders have had it and recovered (or died) and we're at the point that the hosts just aren't there anymore.
I'd buy that before I'd buy it's anything related to changes in behavior.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'd buy that before I'd buy it's anything related to changes in behavior.
I don't think anyone has changed behavior. Those moving about have continued to and those locked in have stayed.

So with where we are, it's at a point where it's not out of control atleast for now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:49 AM 02-01-2021
A new over the counter nasal swab at home covid test was just approved. 95% accurate and costs $30.
[Reply]
tooge 11:29 AM 02-01-2021
I've thought this from the get go. I had many patients and even two employees that were very sick back in December and January of 2019/2020 who tested negative for the flu but had similar symptoms. Now we hear that this virus was around as early as November.

However, what I really think has happened, and I mentioned this back in the late summer, is that the virus has attenuated. I think most do over time. It's really simple. If you are sick with symptoms, you tend to isolate, and therefor don't spread that variant. If you are sick without symptoms, you will tend to not isolate as much and therefor spread more of that more mild variant. Ultimately, the less severe variant outcompetes the more severe variant for hosts.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
I've thought this from the get go. I had many patients and even two employees that were very sick back in December and January of 2019/2020 who tested negative for the flu but had similar symptoms. Now we hear that this virus was around as early as November.

However, what I really think has happened, and I mentioned this back in the late summer, is that the virus has attenuated. I think most do over time. It's really simple. If you are sick with symptoms, you tend to isolate, and therefor don't spread that variant. If you are sick without symptoms, you will tend to not isolate as much and therefor spread more of that more mild variant. Ultimately, the less severe variant outcompetes the more severe variant for hosts.
Eh, I dunno. I was super sick right after the SB for like 2 weeks. Symptomatically it was very COvid like, but I just dunno if it was that widespread then. As we've seen when it does blow up, hospitalizations and deaths happen. They weren't prevalent then or atleast as much.

So while I hoped that's what I had, I'm skeptical.

With the genetic stuff they've done on it I don't think we've had that happen
[Reply]
DaFace 09:11 PM 02-01-2021
This is a nice article all about how good the vaccines are really performing. The timeline may be slower than we'd like, but we're eventually going to kick this thing's ass.

The New York Times: Good Vaccine News.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/b...er-police.html
[Reply]
Page 3428 of 3903
« First < 2428292833283378341834243425342634273428 3429343034313432343834783528 > Last »
Up